Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Sep 6, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #1,277 of 1,739
Charging doesn't occur in USB DAC mode. But it starts charging once you switch it off if it's still plugged into USB-C on my macbook. I was listening to the Bathys earlier today :)

For the price of the A2A clearance, they're very capable.
Huh, I find that to be somewhat counterintuitive. You'd expect the headphones to charge when plugged in via USB, regardless of whether it's being used or not. Kinda like laptops or phones.

Still, good to know.

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #1,279 of 1,739
I just didn’t find DAC mode that significantly better. At that point just use a better wired HP
Looking forward to testing this for myself, as by most reports, there is a significant improvement.

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #1,282 of 1,739
improvement yes but never even close to a great wired HP. I suppose if that’s all you’re going to use it’s definitely worth it.
I'm not sure anyone is claiming that the Bathys can compete with passive, wired headphones. For some people, myself included, they offer a good all-round option. I use DAC mode in many situations where I couldn't just whip the Stelia/Utopia out.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #1,283 of 1,739
I'm not sure anyone is claiming that the Bathys can compete with passive, wired headphones. For some people, myself included, they offer a good all-round option. I use DAC mode in many situations where I couldn't just whip the Stelia/Utopia out.
Precicely.

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #1,287 of 1,739
Is wireless. And to show that advances are being made and that in the coming years these wireless/anc headphones are going to get much better
It's an interesting review. It's kind of a tough sell as he's openly admitting that early adopters of these headphones are being ripped off but that we should support the innovation by coughing up. OK for those with 2.7k to blow on a pair of wireless cans I guess. Poor folk like me have to wait for the trickle down effect into more affordable products. I agree though that companies like this keep pushing the boundaries of what we can expect from anc cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back