Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Sep 5, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #1,261 of 1,776
Still no Bathys today. With the interest in the A2A sale (here in AU), they’ve asked for patience while they process orders.

The store is 5 mins up the road from my office. I should have just dropped in on the way home instead of impulse buying online at night 😂

Sep 5, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #1,262 of 1,776
Still no Bathys today. With the interest in the A2A sale (here in AU), they’ve asked for patience while they process orders.

The store is 5 mins up the road from my office. I should have just dropped in on the way home instead of impulse buying online at night 😂

If you have a good relationship with your store you probably can pick up a pair ; and return the unopened new box when it arrives. Just check with them it's okay first.

The Bathys is 'okay' but you have a lot of nice things to listen to! Unless you need the ANC or wireless capability, the other headphones you have are vastly superior. I can't help thin they're under-driven and a little thin on the sound.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #1,263 of 1,776
If that’s the case, then they are easily sold considering my buy in price. I’m sure they will be a nice addition to the office setup.

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #1,264 of 1,776
Hi - following on from a discussion in another thread... Can anyone absolutely confirm or reject that the Bathys can work without power (e.g. direct analogue connection into an iPhone)? Thank you.

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #1,265 of 1,776
They need to be powered on to work. So if you let the Bathys battery run flat. It won’t work. And I don’t think you charge and listen concurrently.

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #1,266 of 1,776
Hi - following on from a discussion in another thread... Can anyone absolutely confirm or reject that the Bathys can work without power (e.g. direct analogue connection into an iPhone)? Thank you.
They are wireless ANC headphones. They get 20-30 hrs battery life. Not nearly as good as Sony or Momentum that gets 60. They do not need wire

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #1,267 of 1,776
If you are looking for long battery charge, consider the Audeze Maxwell. More than 80 hours on a single charge. It’s insane! Of course, the Bathys are smaller, lighter, and the appearance is probably better for public use :) Maxwell does not support ANC. They both sound great for closed back wireless headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #1,270 of 1,776
My new Dune Focal Bathys

1000116014.jpg
1000116015.jpg

1000116016.jpg

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,273 of 1,776
Ordered my pair from A2A this past week.

Shipping delays means it will take a full week to arrive but it was shipped today.

Couldn't pass up that price, but damn that Dune colour looks amazing.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #1,274 of 1,776
They need to be powered on to work. So if you let the Bathys battery run flat. It won’t work. And I don’t think you charge and listen concurrently.
It is possible to listen and charge at the same time. And while I don’t know whether charging takes place, there is a USB DAC mode.

From the FAQ (https://www.focal.com/en/focal-teach/faq-bathys)

Why am I hearing a “click” noise when using Bluetooth® to stream music as I charge my headphones?
Make sure to use a high-quality charger, ideally capable to deliver 5V DC and at least 2A of current.
If your battery is empty and the charger is limited in its power delivery, it is possible that you may hear sporadic clicks before the battery begins to charge.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #1,275 of 1,776
It is possible to listen and charge at the same time. And while I don’t know whether charging takes place, there is a USB DAC mode.

From the FAQ (https://www.focal.com/en/focal-teach/faq-bathys)

Why am I hearing a “click” noise when using Bluetooth® to stream music as I charge my headphones?
Make sure to use a high-quality charger, ideally capable to deliver 5V DC and at least 2A of current.
If your battery is empty and the charger is limited in its power delivery, it is possible that you may hear sporadic clicks before the battery begins to charge.

Charging doesn't occur in USB DAC mode. But it starts charging once you switch it off if it's still plugged into USB-C on my macbook. I was listening to the Bathys earlier today :)

For the price of the A2A clearance, they're very capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back