Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Aug 23, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #1,216 of 1,739
Besides the normal hard panning of everything left that needs to be adjusted when using on DAC mode with a Mac computer (only slightly annoying), does anyone else get static sounds when adjusting volume on their Bathys on Mac using DAC mode?
There has to something wrong with your pair. Mine don‘t need panning and they certainly don‘t have static sounds when adjusting volume with Mac in DAC mode.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #1,218 of 1,739
There has to something wrong with your pair. Mine don‘t need panning and they certainly don‘t have static sounds when adjusting volume with Mac in DAC mode.
Eh, the panning is a known issue and is even on Focal’s FAQs for the Bathys. Happens a lot with other usb DACs as well on newer macs. Doesn’t bother me that much because it’s easily brought back to center in settings.
IMG_5543.png

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #1,219 of 1,739
Eh, the panning is a known issue and is even on Focal’s FAQs for the Bathys. Happens a lot with other usb DACs as well on newer macs. Doesn’t bother me that much because it’s easily brought back to center in settings. IMG_5543.png
Ah, I see. Maybe I have an older Mac where this isn’t an issue. Well, I hope you can at least fix that static noise. 🤞

Aug 23, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #1,221 of 1,739
I use the free Mac app that keeps everything in proper stereo, no issues. No static either. Newish Mac…..

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #1,222 of 1,739
I apologize but i must change my statement a bit, after flying home i realized that i made a mistake.
I realized that i must have had on low music volume when i said that you cant understand a word of what people are saying, for some reason i thought it was off.
But you can, so overall they are just OK for ANC.
But if you are listening to something even in low volume, music or netflix that does help quite a bit with drowning the background noise.
Thanks for all the inputs. I got a pair, open box 570€ which should arrive this week and will test them as well. For the price it seemed a good deal and I've got 14 days to returned them.

Aug 24, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #1,225 of 1,739
Auditioned the Bathys. Surprisingly light and relatively compact. Sound quality enjoyable and apparently apt-X compatible so less gaming lag.

Easily paired. I miss the AirPod ease of pairing but otherwise it works just fine. Updated on the Naim app and was up and running in seconds.

Sound was pleasant. It’s as technically proficient as one can get for $500US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back