Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
May 7, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #1,036 of 1,772
I prefer this preset more,why?less woom woom...to my ears suitable for longer term 😉

-2db/62Hz
-1db/250 Hz
+1db/1KHz
+2db/4Khz
+2db/16khz
Do you always have to use EQ?
Headphones are supposed to sound optimal by themselves, aren't they?

May 7, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #1,038 of 1,772
Do you always have to use EQ?
Headphones are supposed to sound optimal by themselves, aren't they?
Come on Fritz, you above all should know that he only uses the inbuilt EQ with „cheap“ headphones like the Bathys (because they are way too bassy and hollow sounding ootb). He constantly says that the high end headphone models have to sound right without EQ of course! So please return to the German forums for dropping your charges against him.

May 7, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,039 of 1,772
Come on Fritz, you above all should know that he only uses the inbuilt EQ with „cheap“ headphones like the Bathys (because they are way too bassy and hollow sounding ootb). He constantly says that the high end headphone models have to sound right without EQ of course! So please return to the German forums for dropping your charges against him.
What accusations? :relaxed:
NOMAX and I have probably known each other for a long time. :beerchug:
Please show some contenance. :beerchug:

May 7, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #1,040 of 1,772
What accusations? :relaxed:
NOMAX and I have probably known each other for a long time. :beerchug:
Please show some contenance. :beerchug:
I know I know :wink:

It’s just that I have to read your friendly fights in the German forums and therefore hoped you don’t start the same game also here on Head-fi 😜

That being said, I really appreciate the EQ functions of the Bathys. I had to „finetune“ my Stellia back then with palladium cables worth 1.5 k Dollars and am really happy it’s possible to tame the mid-bass and enhance the highs that easy with the Bathys app.

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,042 of 1,772
For relaxation - Grateful Dead: History Of The Grateful Dead Vol. 1

... runs just

603497835508.jpg

May 7, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #1,043 of 1,772

😉
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/focal-utopia-2022-review-measurements.964903/page-54#post-17530300

😉

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/foc...arly-impressions.965153/page-63#post-17495760

A little deviation from the Harman curve is also gladly seen and desired by me 👍
(For me personally I know how far I can agree to a deviation )

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #1,044 of 1,772
my focal stellia sounds right without EQ …

May 7, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,045 of 1,772
May 8, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #1,048 of 1,772
A little deviation from the Harman curve is also gladly seen and desired by me 👍
(For me personally I know how far I can agree to a deviation )

It would be very interesting to measure the frequency response curve of, for example, 100 people with some headphones using tiny microphones in the ear canal.
I am almost certain that this would differ from person to person.
IMHO, this means that what suits one person does not necessarily suit another.

May 8, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #1,049 of 1,772
A Bathys for the summer months in another color would also be nice 😎

NOMAX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back