Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Mar 31, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #932 of 1,723
Here's a link to download the Windows "KB8P Assistant" necessary to properly setup the dongle along with firmware updates (which you might not need right now). That link should normally get updated with new firmware and software updates if ever there are any, so you should definitely bookmark it! 😉They don't really include a proper link to the software from Ali Express, so this should be helpful.

Once you have it setup to your liking from a PC it'll remember the settings and the last few connected devices. I suggest putting Aptx-Adaptive in high quality mode.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wm0nsvo31p4jq/KB8_KB8P_KB9_KB9P
Fantastic, thanks @Toomuch. I am hoping the KB8P is less quirky than the Eppsum dongle. Although the latter actually does work well to transmit AptX Adaptive from my Windows 11 PC to Bathys, it doesn't coexist well with other devices. When I establish the wireless connection from the PC dongle to Bathys, my phone which was also paired to Bathys terminates connection, meaning I can't receive or make a call. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of a multipoint wireless headphone. Do you know if the KB8P better handles simultaneous connections (EG - allows both PC and phone simultaneously connected to Bathys and music from dongle interrupted when a call comes in)?

Mar 31, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #933 of 1,723
does any compared rme vd xduoo? as all know that tubes sounds better solid. do my stellia can better sound with solid stade amp?

Attachments

• stellia+ta-22 zenitar.jpg
    stellia+ta-22 zenitar.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #934 of 1,723
Really enjoying Bathys! I have noted 2 minor niggles which I'm wondering if others have solved:

1. The volume steps are very non-linear, as clear not just from audible volume but by looking at DAP or PC volume display. Specifically, one press on Bathys volume button up or down can lead to either minor sound level change or much greater magnitude of change, and in those cases DAP may show one Bathys button press can either take displayed volume from 30-31 or from 32-40, respectively!
2. Too many audible "beeps and boops" when connecting, disconnecting or other status alerts. Is there a way to get Bathys to run silent or at least "pipe down"?

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #935 of 1,723
Hi,

New Bathys owner here. I've had them for about 3 weeks and I'm loving them more and more. I generally use iems from Jerry Harvey so this is my first over-ear that has got me really interested in going over ear vs in ear.

I just found NOMAX's setting in the first pages and it's like completely new set of cans. A LOT more open/airy.

Diana Krall's Wallflower album is absolute bliss with these :wink:. Especially the tracks: Superstar and Wallflower

I've demoed the Stellia recently when I purchased these as well and while they sound excellent, I might just keep these for portable use, as I have my eyes on the 2022 utopia I'm the future for home use.

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers !🥂

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #936 of 1,723
The nomax eq is really good. I thought I had made the perfect eq. But this one makes them even more open !! It’s amazing. Thanks @Nomax

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #937 of 1,723
Glad that you like Bathys and have fun 👍

NOMAX

PS.but without the EQ/DSP in the App and out of the box to my ears simply bad 👎

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #939 of 1,723
The first one...for the classic and Jazz Lovers

-3 db/62 Hz
-2db/250 Hz
+1db/1kHz
+2db/4kHz
+2.5db/16 kHz

For modern genres

-2db/62Hz
-1db/250 Hz
+1db/1KHz
+2db/4Khz
+2db/16khz

NOMAX

PS.and the last....my personal favourite 👍

-2.5db/62Hz
-2db/250 Hz
+1.5db/1kHz
+2db/4kHz
+2.5db/16kHz

lol

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #940 of 1,723
For me, headphones must sound right without EQ! If not, their developer don't made the right job!

Apr 5, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #941 of 1,723
I see it a little more differentiated
Without EQ.... in the the highest price segment,the model must be much closer to my personal listening curve/preferences as in the low price segment
If this deviates too much from it he has done something wrong for me (the developer)
Now the question is how far I give the model some leeway to
This too much....to less in the tonal performance....everyone must decide for himself how gracious he is
In the highest price segment knows me everyone how strict I am 😈😉

NOMAX

PS.When I think back...a few years ago there was a model for over 5.000 euros that was so far away😂🙈😝

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #942 of 1,723
Anybody got the FW update from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 already?

Apr 5, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #944 of 1,723
Hello,

I'd like to buy a Bathys, but before I do, I have 2 questions about the reliability :

- I heard that the headband is a weak point on focal headphones.Is it the case with the Bathys?
- I also heard that some users reported very strong high pitched sound in some case.Is it a common issue?

Apr 5, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #945 of 1,723

Users who are viewing this thread

Back