Foam padding for HF case for the Grado HF.
Apr 11, 2011 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

crayonhead

100+ Head-Fier
Guys, since I'm getting a brand spanking new pair of Grados, I decided to protect my 99 dollar (not much, I know) investment by building a box for it. So. Here's the problem. I've read about foam and how over time it starts to flake. Are there any alternatives that can work as well as foam to protect the headphones from jolts and drops? It has to be able to stay flake free and not damage the headphones along with actually protect the headphones from what foam normally does.

Is memory foam an option in this case? (i have memory foam I can use)
or do I have to break out the piggy bank to get something that will do just what I wanted it to do?
I'm also open to using other materials (might carve a block of wood so that my grados fit exactly in if all else fails)

Thanks.

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm actually trying to keep the box in a "like new" condition because I kinda love the design..

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm talking about their wood ones. Maybe you are too, but I've got two of them and quite nice (though nearly the same cost as your phones). 

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 7
Apr 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 7
I found a cure all solution. It's not much, but it'll work. 
I have this really old spacemaker crayon box.. Just throw in bubblewrap and use as needed. :D

and about the OP
- I have a box ready. I just need a material that would be able to cushion the headphones
- I'm willing to carve out of wood if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back