Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Dec 17, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #2,135 of 2,598
Sorry for being repetitive and off-topic, but I want to thank again to @teknorob23, who put here a long time ago a link to a Matt Berninger album, Serpentine Prison, which I instantly loved.

I've just listened to my preferred song of that album "One more second" with my HD 800 with tears in my eyes and somewhat dancing... Sounds spectacular.

I know this is off-topic but the most important thing for me in this hobby is enjoy my music (and find new music) :L3000: and I think people should recommend their preferred albums more often :relaxed:

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #2,136 of 2,598
Sorry for being repetitive and off-topic, but I want to thank again to @teknorob23, who put here a long time ago a link to a Matt Berninger album, Serpentine Prison, which I instantly loved.

I've just listened to my preferred song of that album "One more second" with my HD 800 with tears in my eyes and somewhat dancing... Sounds spectacular.

I know this is off-topic but the most important thing for me in this hobby is enjoy my music (and find new music) :L3000: and I think people should recommend their preferred albums more often :relaxed:
Check out Bugge Wesseltoft in his group Rymden this album Space Saylors is Amazing.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #2,137 of 2,598
I know this is off-topic: but the most important thing for me in this hobby is to enjoy my music (and to find new music) and I think people should recommend their preferred albums more often.
Agreed…maybe a new thread theme…plus preferred headphones for that preferred album. Why? Let’s face it: not all albums are mixed & mastered in the same way; and those mixing & mastering have differing capabilities. Album ABC may just sound better to you with headphone XYZ...

Dec 18, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #2,138 of 2,598
Agreed…maybe a new thread theme…plus preferred headphones for that preferred album. Why? Let’s face it: not all albums are mixed & mastered in the same way; and those mixing & mastering have differing capabilities. Album ABC may just sound better to you with headphone XYZ...
Yes, that's exactly what a feel last weekend with my AH-D9200 (and why I wanted to get rid of them, but I finally regretted):

One week ago, I wanted to listen to some albums: "Beatles - Let it be (1970), Bee Gees - Still Waters (1997), Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the other side (1995), Derek and the Dominos - Layla and other assorted love songs (1970) and Jazz at the Pawnhop volume 2 - Arne Domnérus" and the 9200s failed with all of them (I found the voices to be "shouty" or a lot of power for the music which I didn't enjoy, or simply the music was wrong for me). Then I swapped to the 1990 Pros and have a pleasant experience with most of those albums.

Dec 18, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #2,139 of 2,598
Check out Bugge Wesseltoft in his group Rymden this album Space Saylors is Amazing.
Thank you very much. Right now, listening to it via Youtube. I will download later because I'm loving it.

Remembered to me to Hiromi Uehara performances in her Trio Project which I love a lot.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #2,140 of 2,598
Yes, that's exactly what a feel last weekend with my AH-D9200 (and why I wanted to get rid of them, but I finally regretted):

One week ago, I wanted to listen to some albums: "Beatles - Let it be (1970), Bee Gees - Still Waters (1997), Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the other side (1995), Derek and the Dominos - Layla and other assorted love songs (1970) and Jazz at the Pawnhop volume 2 - Arne Domnérus" and the 9200s failed with all of them (I found the voices to be "shouty" or a lot of power for the music which I didn't enjoy, or simply the music was wrong for me). Then I swapped to the 1990 Pros and have a pleasant experience with most of those albums.
The DT-1990 Pro’s are awesome headphones. I have a set an they hold their own against many of my TOTL headphones. I’m not surprised that you find them to be good with 70’s music.

Dec 18, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #2,142 of 2,598

Thanks for reminding that album. I also liked it. While we are at the Flux thread - what is you current chain? You signature doesn't reveal it. The last info I remember is that you were saving up for some dac/amp from a more computer periphery like box.

If you want to discover music I can recommend Qobuz "My weekly queue". I am also happy to read about music recommendations fron Head-fi members, especially tracks rather than albums. Since this weekly queue exist I am overhelmed with new music that I like, I hardly have time to repeat my good old preferences.

Dec 18, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #2,143 of 2,598
Thanks for reminding that album. I also liked it. While we are at the Flux thread - what is you current chain? You signature doesn't reveal it. The last info I remember is that you were saving up for some dac/amp from a more computer periphery like box.

If you want to discover music I can recommend Qobuz "My weekly queue". I am also happy to read about music recommendations fron Head-fi members, especially tracks rather than albums. Since this weekly queue exist I am overhelmed with new music that I like, I hardly have time to repeat my good old preferences.
Ok try Alan Holdsworth Pud Wud. Different kind of jam.

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #2,144 of 2,598

Thank you very much. I tried to save this year for an AMP and DAC or an AIO, but had a lot of spendings. I'm still valorating some options:

AMP: Flux lab Volot, Ferrum OOR ...
DAC: R2R units (Denafrips or Musician), Gustard X26 Pro...
AIO: Vio V590.

Maybe next year -if I will not go first for the Sony Z1R-. I hope that my almost 10 years old Asus Xonar Essence One last a little more...

Thanks for your recommendation. I have a lot of pending albums in my FLAC library... But I will see if I pay a stream service in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back