Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Dec 20, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #738 of 996
@Ultrainferno, I love your Atlas and FA 10 reviews. Don't you have the opportunity to test a Volot?. I would love a review from Lieven, which shares some of my headphones (HD 800 and DT 1990 Pro).

Thank you! Let's see if we can make that happen in 2022, I will check with Flux

Dec 20, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #739 of 996
Meanwhile:
1639993987657.png

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #741 of 996
My VOLOT has arrived. I plugged it in last night and connected it to my system. Initial excitement is very much the order of the day.

It's not as big as I was expecting - it's definitely large but fits well into my setup. My wife (she's used to my debris) didn't comment!

It's very early days but I am very happy with my purchase. I've previously auditioned the Violectric V550 and the IFI iCAN Pro (very different but good) and my initial feelings of the VOLOT are that I prefer it to the others... Obviously, this may be the match with other elements of my setup. I'm using an Innuos music server, Chord Hugo 2 and Chord Mscaler all with linear power supplies. Its a very revealing setup. My headphones are Sennheiser HD800 and HD650. I also use Stax Earspeaker (L700 and SRS 800S). I'll be getting a new dynamic headphone next year. Maybe a Susvara or Audeze LCD5?

I'm relieved after purchasing it without audition....

Adrian

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_191939.jpg
    IMG_20211220_191939.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #742 of 996
My VOLOT has arrived. I plugged it in last night and connected it to my system. Initial excitement is very much the order of the day.

It's not as big as I was expecting - it's definitely large but fits well into my setup. My wife (she's used to my debris) didn't comment!

It's very early days but I am very happy with my purchase. I've previously auditioned the Violectric V550 and the IFI iCAN Pro (very different but good) and my initial feelings of the VOLOT are that I prefer it to the others... Obviously, this may be the match with other elements of my setup. I'm using an Innuos music server, Chord Hugo 2 and Chord Mscaler all with linear power supplies. Its a very revealing setup. My headphones are Sennheiser HD800 and HD650. I also use Stax Earspeaker (L700 and SRS 800S). I'll be getting a new dynamic headphone next year. Maybe a Susvara or Audeze LCD5?

I'm relieved after purchasing it without audition....

Adrian
Congratulations!. I'm very interested in your HD 800 impressions with them, if you like the combo or not. Lieven (from Headfonia) love the Atlas with HD 800.

Dec 21, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #743 of 996
Congratulations!. I'm very interested in your HD 800 impressions with them, if you like the combo or not. Lieven (from Headfonia) love the Atlas with HD 800.
I very much like the HD800 with the VOLOT. My HD800 has Nordost Heimdall cables and Superdupont Mod. It sounds great. I'm going to provide full impressions after a couple of weeks of listening 👍

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #744 of 996
Mine is here in a box behind my back, working from home so can't connect it yet but will try to this evening. I won't be able to post pics though for a bit (not allowed to) but I'll give my first impressions for sure later this evening.

Dec 22, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #745 of 996
Mine is here in a box behind my back, working from home so can't connect it yet but will try to this evening. I won't be able to post pics though for a bit (not allowed to) but I'll give my first impressions for sure later this evening.
So if you can’t post pics then do you have a preproduction unit? I was thinking with the preamp Module It’d be the same exact amp just with two or four additional ports on the back.

if flux started offering Multiple colors like the fa10 that would be exciting. I’d love a champagne colored volot.

Dec 22, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #746 of 996
Fun and Games

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #747 of 996
A short few impressions, I'm comparing it to my Soundaware P1 that was used for a long while.

Soundaware P1 in short is a warm amp, kinda tubey, rounding edges.
Volot is not rounding edges, it is very clean, clear and crisp.

Soundaware P1 has a decent Soundstage and Imaging
Volot is in another league everything is in a 3D space, very clear where everything is coming from, microdetail is coming through to the front, what was once somewhere there, maybe you could just barely notice it, here you can clearly hear it, not in an intrusive way but rather in a way that you would say that's how it's meant.

Soundaware P1 is a slower amp.
Volot is keeping up with everything, keeping you breathless every second, how things are gonna turn. Very musical.

the Preamp is just crazy amazing, not any worse than the headphone section. Could hear the same nuances even if I have inferior speakers to my headphones, but it brings the speakers to a whole another level. My speakers are AudioEngine 5+
One thing to note my current speaker setup is also not the best in terms of speaker location, it's a tiny flat, will be moving to a new apartment next year where things are gonna be much better for my speaker setup :D
Just close your eyes and listen to music.

So far, 5+/5 (I imagine it is still gonna get even better as it already does slowly as I listen)

And you people won (Sorry for the mess):

Attachments

• 20211222_192758[1].jpg
    20211222_192758[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #748 of 996
Hi, but do you have the preamp version?
A short few impressions, I'm comparing it to my Soundaware P1 that was used for a long while.

Soundaware P1 in short is a warm amp, kinda tubey, rounding edges.
Volot is not rounding edges, it is very clean, clear and crisp.

Soundaware P1 has a decent Soundstage and Imaging
Volot is in another league everything is in a 3D space, very clear where everything is coming from, microdetail is coming through to the front, what was once somewhere there, maybe you could just barely notice it, here you can clearly hear it, not in an intrusive way but rather in a way that you would say that's how it's meant.

Soundaware P1 is a slower amp.
Volot is keeping up with everything, keeping you breathless every second, how things are gonna turn. Very musical.

the Preamp is just crazy amazing, not any worse than the headphone section. Could hear the same nuances even if I have inferior speakers to my headphones, but it brings the speakers to a whole another level. My speakers are AudioEngine 5+
One thing to note my current speaker setup is also not the best in terms of speaker location, it's a tiny flat, will be moving to a new apartment next year where things are gonna be much better for my speaker setup :D
Just close your eyes and listen to music.

So far, 5+/5 (I imagine it is still gonna get even better as it already does slowly as I listen)

And you people won (Sorry for the mess):

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #749 of 996

I guess you didn't read the first impressions or seen the pic? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back