Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Dec 10, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #721 of 996
Luckily, my unit is drama-free – I've had 0 issues with it, and the way it sounds simply outweighs all those cons I just listed. I have it paired with Iggy, and the soundstage these two bad boys create is phenomenal. It's still the best headphone amp I've ever heard.
I see in your signature that you have a Pontus II as well, the same dac that I use. Do you have a preference between the two dacs when paired with the Volot?

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #722 of 996
I see in your signature that you have a Pontus II as well, the same dac that I use. Do you have a preference between the two dacs when paired with the Volot?
It's a very good questions because I'm currently trying to figure out which one I like more:)

I unpacked the Pontus II yesterday, and my first impression is that Yggy is slightly better in conveying emotions – it brings a tad more texture and details. It also feels that the soundstage Yggy produces is larger with more air around every instrument in the composition. Yggy makes the LCD XC (2021) sound like true open back headphones, placing instruments around your head, while the Pontus II tends to put some of them back inside and reminds me that I'm listening with closed-backs. The vocals with Yggy sound more emotional but sometimes can be a little bit harsh; it never happens with the Pontus II.

I bought a used unit which is 1 month old – not sure if it needs more time to break in. I'm going to continue A/B testing these DACs for a few more weeks before I decide which one of them stays in my chain, so stay tuned:wink:

1639197754757.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #723 of 996
I'm happy to announce that my Volot has been shipped and will be here in the coming days (I'm guesstimating around Sunday/Monday unless I get a surprise and get it earlier or, hopefully not, later)

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #724 of 996
I'm happy to announce that my Volot has been shipped and will be here in the coming days (I'm guesstimating around Sunday/Monday unless I get a surprise and get it earlier or, hopefully not, later)
Looking forward to reading your impressions after you've had it for a bit! Did you happen to get the pre-amp module in yours?

I know this was a big deal for some members on the initial product release and interested to hear more impressions of the volot both as a HP amp and a pre.

Volot, Soloist 3GT, Oor+Hypsos, and used Niimbus are all on my shopping list for the coming months.

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #725 of 996
Dec 18, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #727 of 996
Purchased the Volot. I hope it will arrive by January 15th, they told me 3 weeks from the order to receive it ...
Huh, congrats! Though that's optimistic on the "they told me 3 weeks from the order to receive it" part :p

Dec 18, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #729 of 996
Looking forward to reading your impressions after you've had it for a bit! Did you happen to get the pre-amp module in yours?

I know this was a big deal for some members on the initial product release and interested to hear more impressions of the volot both as a HP amp and a pre.

Volot, Soloist 3GT, Oor+Hypsos, and used Niimbus are all on my shopping list for the coming months.
I can't remember if you have or have tried the iFi Pro iCAN. If not, might be something to add to the list.

Dec 18, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #730 of 996
much more time, in your opinion? How long did it take before I received it?

Well unless you're lucky and they already have units midway, it might take between 3-4 weeks to build a new unit and then some until it arrives...

Dec 18, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #732 of 996
I can't remember if you have or have tried the iFi Pro iCAN. If not, might be something to add to the list.

I have tried the Pro ican in my mid-fi journey and it wasn't for me. I've owned/tried the 789, A90, Lyr 1, Lyr 3, V280, Phonitor E, Singxer, Cayin IHA-6, Pro Ican, Conductor 3xp (along with a few other interesting options), and ended up with Soloist 3XP for my chain/preferences. Thinking the Oor+Hypsos, Volot, or 3GT will be my next move. If a used Niimbus were to fall in price I would snag it but I'm not paying $4k for a non perfect one.

I do need to look more into the Pro Ican Signature; for some reason I mentally wrote it off which was stupid of me.

The only midfi amps I haven't tried that I wanted were the Wells Milo (upgraded non reference) and Kinki (forgot model #). I also wanted to try the V281 (used prices are too high) and perhaps a GSX Mini but I didn't like the GSX Mk2.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #733 of 996
I have tried the Pro ican in my mid-fi journey and it wasn't for me. I've owned/tried the 789, A90, Lyr 1, Lyr 3, V280, Phonitor E, Singxer, Cayin IHA-6, Pro Ican, Conductor 3xp (along with a few other interesting options), and ended up with Soloist 3XP for my chain/preferences. Thinking the Oor+Hypsos, Volot, or 3GT will be my next move. If a used Niimbus were to fall in price I would snag it but I'm not paying $4k for a non perfect one.

I do need to look more into the Pro Ican Signature; for some reason I mentally wrote it off which was stupid of me.

The only midfi amps I haven't tried that I wanted were the Wells Milo (upgraded non reference) and Kinki (forgot model #). I also wanted to try the V281 (used prices are too high) and perhaps a GSX Mini but I didn't like the GSX Mk2.
If you weren't impressed by the Pro iCAN then you likely won't be wowed by the Signature Edition.

Dec 19, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #734 of 996
@XVampireX, have you received your Volot - preamp edition? I would love to see your impressions, specially from the pre-amp functionality.

And another question for the readers here: Has anyone be able to compare the new Ferrum OOR with the Volot?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #735 of 996
@XVampireX, have you received your Volot - preamp edition? I would love to see your impressions, specially from the pre-amp functionality.

And another question for the readers here: Has anyone be able to compare the new Ferrum OOR with the Volot?
Not yet unfortunately, stuck in UPS in Ukraine for some reason, they will check what's wrong tomorrow. Also don't expect too much from me for my preamp usage, I'm still gonna be using it as a preamp/volume control for my powered cheap speakers (AudioEngine 5+)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back