Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Dec 7, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #706 of 996
That happened once it could also happen with something certified and if you don't trust flux don't buy from them.
They user that had this happen got a full refund and got a free Volot unit for their hardship. Flux went above and beyond to make the customer right and deserves credit.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #708 of 996
Just getting ready to go into full immersion with my FA-22. This is one of the best audio purchases I have ever made.
…definitely gets better over time… And, if you want to ‘sky it’, fuse upgrading is easy. (I replaced the stock fuse with Synergistic Research Purple….the 🤪 extreme…)

Dec 8, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #711 of 996
I would Normally agree with you except when I see people's transformers smoking on the products. What I don't want is my headphone amp burning down my house. We aren't electrical engineers and testing for safety and proper design hasn't been vetted out on these products by a third party.
Sounds scary. Does it happen quite often for Class A amplifiers ? What about speaker amp ?

Dec 8, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #712 of 996
Please stop bringing up old devils. It has been fixed.

Dec 8, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #713 of 996
Please stop bringing up old devils. It has been fixed.

To be fair you have no idea if there are other undiscovered issues that have not shown their ugly head. To be honest XVampireX, you act like you are a moderator in this forum! You have made it very clear you are from Ukraine and have some relationship (Friendship only?) with this company. If this company were Japanese owned, would you still be as big of an advocate? It's very clear you have some biases here. IMHO you should stop telling people to avoid making ANY negative comments about this company and its products and let the people in the forum decide! ALL companies' products have good and bad things and it's to our benefit to have an open discussion about them before we make purchasing decisions! Nothing in these discussions have persuaded me to rule out buying a Volot, but I want unrestricted discussions on the pro's/cons before I make a decision!

Dec 8, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #714 of 996
To be fair you have no idea if there are other undiscovered issues that have not shown their ugly head. To be honest XVampireX, you act like you are a moderator in this forum! You have made it very clear you are from Ukraine and have some relationship (Friendship only?) with this company. If this company were Japanese owned, would you still be as big of an advocate? It's very clear you have some biases here. IMHO you should stop telling people to avoid making ANY negative comments about this company and its products and let the people in the forum decide! ALL companies' products have good and bad things and it's to our benefit to have an open discussion about them before we make purchasing decisions! Nothing in these discussions have persuaded me to rule out buying a Volot, but I want unrestricted discussions on the pro's/cons before I make a decision!

Go somewere else and create drama. Your BS is getting old.

Dec 8, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #715 of 996
So are you! If you don't like it you are welcome to go to a different forum NEWB! I'm tired of the attempts at moderation in this forum (By non-moderators) telling people what they can and can't comment on even when it's not against any forum rules. Goodbye!

Dec 8, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #717 of 996

I'm not a moderator in this forum, I speak for myself, and I do protect the company because there is a good friendship between us as a friend of the partner business of FLA, have done lots of business with them in the past. However if a different company would have a good product that was trolled for imperfections that were fixed ALREADY and people keep mentioning it, I would feel bad for the company. It would have been a different story if there would still be a problem, but we haven't seen or heard of any, so that's not the case. I for example have had some bad experience with QC on the Audeze front, as I mention in my signature I do have Audeze LCD-3F and I don't remember when was the last time I've used it. As everyone knows the drivers there failed multiple times on people and I've even heard people have still got problems on LCD-4, don't know what the situation on LCD-5 yet. But again, on Volot, it has been a once and done thing, it was used in a way that Most people Don't, powered on and used on with no load connected, it was promptly requested back to check what went wrong and fixed. Yet you (I mean whoever did) bringing it back from the dead multiple times when it was said that it was fixed is just a way of trolling and not benefitting anyone or anything, if someone would have such a problem again they would post it no problem and no reason not to and that would be acceptable, but keep mentioning it with no reason is just a way to troll.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #718 of 996

I can assure you that I wasn't born in Ukraine and have no affiliation with Flux Labs. My wife is half Ukrainian, but I think that doesn't count much in this case. I'm just a person who owns two products made by this company, one of which is the Volot, and the biggest cons of this amp I've found so far are the following:
• It's huge and heavy.
• It's got very sharp corners on the faceplate.
• It's black (IMO it looks boring in this color due to its size and the flat surfaces it's made of. I would prefer it to be brushed aluminum).
• Its remote control is a joke – there are 13 buttons (that rattle) and only 3 of them are functional.

Luckily, my unit is drama-free – I've had 0 issues with it, and the way it sounds simply outweighs all those cons I just listed. I have it paired with Iggy, and the soundstage these two bad boys create is phenomenal. It's still the best headphone amp I've ever heard.

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #719 of 996
I can assure you that I wasn't born in Ukraine and have no affiliation with Flux Labs. My wife is half Ukrainian, but I think that doesn't count much in this case. I'm just a person who owns two products made by this company, one of which is the Volot, and the biggest cons of this amp I've found so far are the following:
• It's huge and heavy.
• It's got very sharp corners on the faceplate.
• It's black (IMO it looks boring in this color due to its size and the flat surfaces it's made of. I would prefer it to be brushed aluminum).
• Its remote control is a joke – there are 13 buttons (that rattle) and only 3 of them are functional.

Luckily, my unit is drama-free – I've had 0 issues with it, and the way it sounds simply outweighs all those cons I just listed. I have it paired with Iggy, and the soundstage these two bad boys create is phenomenal. It's still the best headphone amp I've ever heard.

This is the kind of feedback I like to hear. I agree I wish it came in Silver also instead of just black. The remote for me isn't a big deal but I understand. From what I've read the Volot seems like a great deal for the money compared to like products. I haven't ruled out purchasing this product and I wanted to make it clear I'm not here bashing it. If I wasn't interested in purchasing it, I would be in this forum. I'm just trying to understand everything. I do wish Flux would charge you when the item shipped instead of when you order it though. I am attending the next CamJam in Feb in New York and will make purchasing decisions then. My amplifier decision will be driven by my headphone purchase and their requirements. Certainly, if I purchase the HIFIMAN Susvara or something in that efficiency range this amp will be a great candidate. With its gain settings it may also be good for lower efficiency cans also.

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #720 of 996
What that powerful....should be able to power speakers then... Also, what happens if you go for high+ both headphone ?
You just get more volume sooner. No change in sound on high+. I prefer mid and high gain as with those settings I can find a comfortable volume setting without having the issue where one step is too quiet and the other is too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back