Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jan 6, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #991 of 996
Could someone summarize the material difference between Volot vs Mentor? Both are dual mono class A and seem to deliver roughly the same wattage - what accounts for the price difference?

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #992 of 996
Coming straight from FLA, in a mail I asked them about a few things:

You can also pay attention to our new model - Mentor, which is very close in its capabilities to Volot, and when using two blocks at once, it allows you to work in a completely balanced mode and at the same time has an impressive output power, exceeding even the output power of Volot. This model is built like Volot using bipolar transistors. Later we are planning another similar model using field-effect transistors at the output, for lovers of a darker and fuller sound.

Hope it helps 🤞

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #993 of 996
Jan 17, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #994 of 996
Coming straight from FLA, in a mail I asked them about a few things:

You can also pay attention to our new model - Mentor, which is very close in its capabilities to Volot, and when using two blocks at once, it allows you to work in a completely balanced mode and at the same time has an impressive output power, exceeding even the output power of Volot. This model is built like Volot using bipolar transistors. Later we are planning another similar model using field-effect transistors at the output, for lovers of a darker and fuller sound.

Hope it helps 🤞
If darker fuller means more tube-like and/or bass/low end emphasis then that may be a better fit for my preferences.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #995 of 996
If darker fuller means more tube-like and/or bass/low end emphasis then that may be a better fit for my preferences.
Same for me @mfgillia . There are two things that moved me away from the Volot. One is the absence of stock XD and second is the sound type.
I guess I am going to save some cash for future releases

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #996 of 996
I am using the Volot with an Exogal Comet, which is an fpga dac that happens to be both a little dark and warm. Has been a great combo with the Volot same as my FA-10 before.

Rare dac to find, but highly suggest it. It's like a better modern pcm1704/ Pcm65 dac that is a lot more resolving, without going to mushy dark in a r-2r setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back