Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
May 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #961 of 996
FluxLab VOLOT kind of mimics the euphonic mids of a binaural recording. Not from a concise sharp imaging (which is the THX amp gimmick) , but the ambiance of the stage hiding in the tonality.
Similar to my Bryston BHA-1 headphone Amp but with more power. There is a sense of things to the room and in the air that feels like your aren't compressed in a small room.

This is definitely an upgrade from the FluxLab FA-10, because the FA-10 had an almost grainy brightness to it that needed source compensation for. Hence, why I asked about r-2r stuff before. But seems like it isn't necessary for the VOLOT amp.
I've been speaking to them about a possible purchase. I'm just curious. Also considering Oor and Bliss. I love the idea of Volot, just want to make sure I'm not losing anything in the quest for power.

May 5, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #962 of 996
oor and bliss probably don't need a 1 hour warm up unlike the Volot. haha

May 5, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #963 of 996
Is it really that bad? Surprised an SS would take that long :)

May 5, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #964 of 996
Wow guy.
Dangerous Convert2 DAC to the VOLOT amp is amazing.

I think I found the combo among the stuff I got.

May 5, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #965 of 996
Is it really that bad? Surprised an SS would take that long :)
It gets better over time but it sounds very good after a few minutes (say 5-10 minutes) of warm up.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #966 of 996
The only indication I get is a whole lot of assuming going on.

I agree. Quite a lot of knee-jerk, drama queen posting going on. You have to be smoking crack if you think electronics never fail. This could happen to any device at any time.

May 5, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #967 of 996
oor and bliss probably don't need a 1 hour warm up unlike the Volot. haha
that sounds impossible I own and have owned numerous SS amps and they are ready pretty much instantly...I wouldnt own an amp that takes an hour to work properly...in fact my tube amp only takes a couple of minutes to be up and running

May 6, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #968 of 996
Don't quote me on that, one of the devs told me it's about $200 AT THE MOMENT is their estimate. It might be more or less, and I've asked if it will affect the sound on the headphone department they said no.

I'm guessing Volot is gonna be around the size of the Master 9 that I currently still have which is fine, I have a woodshop built rack and it fits fine on top.

I want the Volot not just for the promise of end-game sound that I'm expecting to pair with my already ordered Holo Audio May L3 KTE, but also for the reasons that I'm Ukrainian as well at least partially (Born and have at least 1/4 in Ukrainian blood) so for Patriotic reasons, I do feel myself Ukrainian. And I've also heard their Solid One (First integrated solution, DAC/Amp/Streamer) which was really rather nice!

Even though one person here suffered some supposedly minor damage to his Volot (Which was fixed/refunded) the same person also had a bit of a really good first impressions :)

They're also working on getting the European safety certificate in the future, but that will jump the price again. And they did say there is more protection right now than is even necessary from the CE badge...

Did you buy a Volot in the end? Looking at your signature, you don't seem to have it currently if you did. Why settle on Bliss?

May 6, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #969 of 996
New Volot with preamp available on their web site. I am after the headphone amp only version and that's going to be a few weeks.

Screenshot 2023-05-06 225412.png

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #970 of 996
May 19, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #971 of 996
Flux recommends 30 minutes.
Good to know. I turn mine on when I get to the office and jack in headphones throughout the day as time permits.

May 19, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #972 of 996
Tried my hd800S off the Volot today. Wow, sounds even better than the Utopia off the volot in my opinion.

Utopia is nice for other reasons. But in terms of synergy, wow the HD800S has even more synergy than the Utopia off the Volot.

Mids and treble become so much smoother and ethereal sounding. While the bass maintains a sense of presence, extension, and texture. Treble is not problematic.

Weird that HD800S is as viable as the Utopia in this setup. I can EQ my planars all I want with this Amp, but am surprised by how much I am enjoying my dynamic headphones off this planar-intended amp. My JVC Victor HA-WM90-B is also wicked fun on this.

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #974 of 996
I posted one on the classifieds (230V) if anyone's intetested.
(Hope a comment without a link isn't against policy).
That makes two but mine is 120V.

May 23, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #975 of 996
I noticed my 1st lot volot has a tendency to raise volume on one side. I have to click up a volume step to regain balance.

Is that normal operation? Am I just being stuck between clicks on the volume knob?

Sometimes in the middle of playback it will lose volume in the left or right or right channel again. And I have to turn the knob a step louder again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back