Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Dec 7, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #691 of 996
Everything is related, politics, capitalism and globalisation as well in relation with audio, because audio is an industry and business. Which country is a poop country which country you don't respect. Its ok to name, or you can pm me would do. Indeed its our detriment to our decision to get a Flux Lab Acoustics product which we will unless there are alternative such as the Volot.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #693 of 996
Everything is related, politics, capitalism and globalisation as well in relation with audio, because audio is an industry and business. Which country is a poop country which country you don't respect. Its ok to name, or you can pm me would do. Indeed its our detriment to our decision to get a Flux Lab Acoustics product which we will unless there are alternative such as the Volot.

Flux Lab Acoustics is a Ukrainian company. Ukraine is not the Poop country. If you're going into this topic, you should know which country I mean and I don't have to tell you anything else.
Ukraine will keep being Ukraine with no relation to the "Rise of the Soviet".
If it's a detriment to your decision and you can't get the hint that all is fine, that's your problem, others will enjoy the Volot and the FA lineup just fine with no problems.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #694 of 996
Flux Lab Acoustics is a Ukrainian company. Ukraine is not the Poop country. If you're going into this topic, you should know which country I mean and I don't have to tell you anything else.
Ukraine will keep being Ukraine with no relation to the "Rise of the Soviet".
If it's a detriment to your decision and you can't get the hint that all is fine, that's your problem, others will enjoy the Volot and the FA lineup just fine with no problems.
Actually I dont, And thats not my problem because as stated, 'indeed its our detriment to our decision to get a Flux Lab Acoustics product which we will'. But its my problem at the same time since I cant afford...

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #696 of 996
Hello just curious does anyone ever reaches 'HIGH+' gain on the Flux monster ?
Not yet I stick with mid and high for LCD-5 and 1266

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #698 of 996
There's nothing to worry about like I said. All is gonna be fine. Don't let this ongoing war (Like I said, it has been ongoing for 7 years, what's new now that wasn't before? they just aren't capable of doing anything anymore that is the poop country and yes absolutely no respect for that country I won't mention its name) be a detriment to your decision to get a Flux Lab Acoustics product. I'm just trying to keep it as civil as possible without going much into politics even though I've got very solid "opinions" on the issue, but people think "politics" (put them in quotes because I don't consider this politics) should be left elsewhere in such forums.

Let's avoid this becoming a political thread which like religion can go sideways very quickly.

I will say two things:

1) I hope our Ukrainian friends from Flux and Rebel stay safe. Sometimes it can be easy to detach reality from how it impacts you personally. In this case it impacts how quickly you can get parts and service for your amplifier. For them it's a potential war in their own town. So do keep some compassion of what that means.

2) The war may have been going on for 7 years but it's been primarily in 2 regions of Ukraine and being fought by pro-russian seperatists "rebels" or troops with the backing of russian spec ops and support. What we are talking about now is the accumulation of 175k of active russian troops at the border. We're talking about a potential significant expansion into a "real war" with active troops and an expansion of geographic impacts (perhaps to kiev).

see said regions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War#/media/File:2014_Russo-ukrainian-conflict_map.svg

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/05/world/europe/putin-russia-ukraine-troops.html

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #699 of 996
Let's avoid this becoming a political thread which like religion can go sideways very quickly.

I will say two things:

1) I hope our Ukrainian friends from Flux and Rebel stay safe. Sometimes it can be easy to detach reality from how it impacts you personally. In this case it impacts how quickly you can get parts and service for your amplifier. For them it's a potential war in their own town. So do keep some compassion of what that means.

2) The war may have been going on for 7 years but it's been primarily in 2 regions of Ukraine and being fought by pro-russian seperatists "rebels" or troops with the backing of russian spec ops and support. What we are talking about now is the accumulation of 175k of active russian troops at the border. We're talking about a potential significant expansion into a "real war" with active troops and an expansion of geographic impacts (perhaps to kiev).

see said regions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War#/media/File:2014_Russo-ukrainian-conflict_map.svg

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/05/world/europe/putin-russia-ukraine-troops.html
I feel very sad... Human beings don't change...

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #700 of 996

I will say two things:

see said regions

Well said. I wish them well.

Dec 7, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #701 of 996

I will say two things:

see said regions

It's spelled and called and pronounced Kyiv.
I'm gonna stop here because it's gonna get ugly really quickly now.

Dec 7, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #702 of 996
Just to calm down everyone, war has been ongoing for a over 7 years now, there's nothing new, life goes on there shouldn't be a problem with supply, warranty repairs if needed. If there are any delays of supply are because of the usual delays because of supply of TSMC's and stuff, currently I'm waiting for my final parts and they are almost ready to send it to me so another week maybe until they send it otherwise everyone got what they ordered or about to get it.

While I do live in Israel, I've been born in Ukraine and the topic of the ongoing conflict is something I know much about. So no need to worry.

Also important for dirtrat: There's no US distributor and there's no Israel distributor and there's no distributor anywhere other than themselves. It's direct, and that is what makes it cheaper because there are no additional costs for distribution.

There's also no types of certifications for their products in the US as far as safety. In Europe I assume this would be CE. In the US it would be a UL certification. This wouldn't necessarily be a deal killer for me and I guess that's one reason behind the cheaper prices. Having a distributer in the US would be more money with markups but it would also solve other problems with the consumer.

Dec 7, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #703 of 996
There's also no types of certifications for their products in the US as far as safety. In Europe I assume this would be CE. In the US it would be a UL certification. This wouldn't necessarily be a deal killer for me and I guess that's one reason behind the cheaper prices. Having a distributer in the US would be more money with markups but it would also solve other problems with the consumer.
I can live without all of the certification and dealer networks for the price/performance ratio. Otherwise they would be just another premium company with the price to match.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #704 of 996
I can live without all of the certification and dealer networks for the price/performance ratio. Otherwise they would be just another premium company with the price to match.

I would Normally agree with you except when I see people's transformers smoking on the products. What I don't want is my headphone amp burning down my house. We aren't electrical engineers and testing for safety and proper design hasn't been vetted out on these products by a third party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back