Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #451 of 996
They sent me an email about this replacement board too saying that it was developed using the Volot that I returned to them. Here's a quote from their email to me on the 3rd of September that might be helpful:

"The amplifier in low gain and mid gain modes could lose stability. This did not always happen, only under certain conditions. This problem led to a sharp increase in energy consumption, which ultimately led to the failure of the power transformer. At the same time, the amplifier itself was not damaged and after replacing the transformer it worked normally. There was no risk for the headphones either, and the amplifier is additionally equipped with headphone protection. At the moment, an upgrade kit will be sent to all buyers from the first batch, which will eliminate all risks. Installing it does not require soldering and does not require special skills."

So @Aibek the new protection circuit will be sent to everyone who ordered a Volot from the first batch (not sure how to tell who is in the first batch though)
Thanks for sharing information :)

I also often use low gain at burn-in time

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #452 of 996
Has anyone heard any timing on when Flux may offer the Volot with pre-amp capability? Somebody has posted when Volot was being released that the initial delay last year was awaiting the PCBs for Preamps. They went forward with product release with the plan that eventually the Volot will have an option for a pre-amp module as an upsell.

Is that still the case?
When will this be available?
What is the expected cost?

I ask this as I've been putting off selling my Holo Spring KTE dac to buy the new Spring 3 KTE w/preamp add in. I really don't want sell my dac but do want a preamp. Holo's offering is supposedly pretty great in the Spring 3 as it's essentially the Holo Serene capability integrated in their midline dac offering which is unique.

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #454 of 996
Seems like a question best posed to Flux directly.
Yep I’ll ask them.. i was just wondering here in case anybody else had heard But not posted. Vitaly is a busy guy.

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #455 of 996
Does anyone know what happened to the Volot? The website just lists it as unavailable and doesn't even mention a possible return date.

1631908076500.png

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #456 of 996
Yep I’ll ask them.. i was just wondering here in case anybody else had heard But not posted. Vitaly is a busy guy.
I asked this question a few days ago on their Facebook page. Was told simply - very soon.

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #457 of 996
I have one on pre-order and spoke with Vitaliy via email on Monday. He said the circuit improvements had caused the delay, and he was going to get back to me in a week. I would guess once they clear the backlog, it will be up for sale again.

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #458 of 996
He said the circuit improvements had caused the delay, and he was going to get back to me in a week.
Interestingly, "the circuit improvements" are a) Volot v.2 or b) improvement of the protection system, for example, an additional module? Will the sound get better?

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #460 of 996
They told me a week ago or so that the one with the preamp is gonna be out in around a month perhaps? or at least it's gonna be really soon in general. I'm also waiting for it with the preamp. The preamp version would cost around 200 USD more.
Hanging around in GoldenSound's Discord server meanwhile and some people are really loving the Ferrum Oor+Hypsos combo, but I'm probably gonna persevere and wait for the Volot even though unfortunately there aren't many impressions for the Volot yet.

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #461 of 996
They told me a week ago or so that the one with the preamp is gonna be out in around a month perhaps? or at least it's gonna be really soon in general. I'm also waiting for it with the preamp. The preamp version would cost around 200 USD more.
Hanging around in GoldenSound's Discord server meanwhile and some people are really loving the Ferrum Oor+Hypsos combo, but I'm probably gonna persevere and wait for the Volot even though unfortunately there aren't many impressions for the Volot yet.
So the pre-amp version may only be around $200 more? That's good news. Often adding a pre-amp to an existing configuration is a $500 to $1000 upgrade.

Also heard good things about the Ferrum Oor and heaven knows the size is a significantly better fit for my desk but also plan to hang in there and see how the Volot develops.

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #462 of 996
So the pre-amp version may only be around $200 more? That's good news. Often adding a pre-amp to an existing configuration is a $500 to $1000 upgrade.

Also heard good things about the Ferrum Oor and heaven knows the size is a significantly better fit for my desk but also plan to hang in there and see how the Volot develops.

Don't quote me on that, one of the devs told me it's about $200 AT THE MOMENT is their estimate. It might be more or less, and I've asked if it will affect the sound on the headphone department they said no.

I'm guessing Volot is gonna be around the size of the Master 9 that I currently still have which is fine, I have a woodshop built rack and it fits fine on top.

I want the Volot not just for the promise of end-game sound that I'm expecting to pair with my already ordered Holo Audio May L3 KTE, but also for the reasons that I'm Ukrainian as well at least partially (Born and have at least 1/4 in Ukrainian blood) so for Patriotic reasons, I do feel myself Ukrainian. And I've also heard their Solid One (First integrated solution, DAC/Amp/Streamer) which was really rather nice!

Even though one person here suffered some supposedly minor damage to his Volot (Which was fixed/refunded) the same person also had a bit of a really good first impressions :)

They're also working on getting the European safety certificate in the future, but that will jump the price again. And they did say there is more protection right now than is even necessary from the CE badge...

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #464 of 996
I don't know yet but when I have it I'll probably write my impressions here of course it will be paired with an end-game DAC, so things are gonna be spicy.

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #465 of 996
I don't know yet but when I have it I'll probably write my impressions here of course it will be paired with an end-game DAC, so things are gonna be spicy.

My concern is something like the Utopia and the HD800s will like Pass, Tubes, or perhaps a Niimbus / V550 more than perhaps what Volot is going to offer. My initial thought was HE6 SE, Susvara, 1266 Phi TC you go Volot for the slam/grip/control where with something like Utopia, LCD4, D8kpro, VC you go elsewhere as they won't take advantage of the extra power the Volot provides. I'm still interested to learn more about the "deeper A class" in the Volot and what benefits it provides.

Look forward to your take!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back