Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Sep 7, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #436 of 996
Sep 7, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #437 of 996
+1 Volot owner – I just placed an order.
My FA-12 will make waiting a bit easier :o2smile:

nick-offerman-ron-swanson.gif

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #438 of 996
Inside the amplifier case, in the middle on the right side, clicks are heard after switching on. They are continuous, with pauses of several seconds. Music is not on yet. This is weird. Interestingly, this is only my Volot?

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #439 of 996
Inside the amplifier case, in the middle on the right side, clicks are heard after switching on. They are continuous, with pauses of several seconds. Music is not on yet. This is weird. Interestingly, this is only my Volot?

Is this is your amp reseting from the remote control's set volume until it reaches the knobs position? My FA-10 does this if I used the remote control.

Or is the clicking never ending for you?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #441 of 996
The problem has been resolved. Flux Lab's answer:
This can happen if the position of the volume knob is between two steps of the knob. This happens quite rarely. To remove it is enough to slightly turn the volume knob to either side to move to the next level of the regulator. It is absolutely not dangerous for the amplifier.

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #442 of 996
Sep 12, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #443 of 996
The problem has been resolved. Flux Lab's answer:
This can happen if the position of the volume knob is between two steps of the knob. This happens quite rarely. To remove it is enough to slightly turn the volume knob to either side to move to the next level of the regulator. It is absolutely not dangerous for the amplifier.
Glad your issue is fixed. This happened to me a bit with the FA-12 but the same solution works to get rid of the clicks. Was the volume knob at zero when the clicks happened or had you moved it a bit to get the clicks to happen? I'm curious because it would be weird if this happened at zero but would make more sense if it was happening when the volume was set to something other than zero.

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #448 of 996
Who has the module been sent to?
Haven't heard anything from them since this message. That was the 3 September.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #449 of 996
They sent me an email about this replacement board too saying that it was developed using the Volot that I returned to them. Here's a quote from their email to me on the 3rd of September that might be helpful:

"The amplifier in low gain and mid gain modes could lose stability. This did not always happen, only under certain conditions. This problem led to a sharp increase in energy consumption, which ultimately led to the failure of the power transformer. At the same time, the amplifier itself was not damaged and after replacing the transformer it worked normally. There was no risk for the headphones either, and the amplifier is additionally equipped with headphone protection. At the moment, an upgrade kit will be sent to all buyers from the first batch, which will eliminate all risks. Installing it does not require soldering and does not require special skills."

So @Aibek the new protection circuit will be sent to everyone who ordered a Volot from the first batch (not sure how to tell who is in the first batch though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back