Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #481 of 996
Thanks I wonder if the module is specific to the voltage you choose when you order a Volot since it says UK on the back
I asked. UK means Upgrade Kit, nothing to do with country.

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #482 of 996
I just performed the upgrade, was fairly easy. The trickiest (or better, most annoying) part was to reput those tiny black screws in place.
The board doesn't actually replace something in the amp, but sits in between, very near to outputs.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #483 of 996
What is a chance though that those who own the Volot for a while now and haven't posted their impressions to still try and share it with others? :)

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #484 of 996
I just performed the upgrade, was fairly easy. The trickiest (or better, most annoying) part was to reput those tiny black screws in place.
The board doesn't actually replace something in the amp, but sits in between, very near to outputs.
Is it a simple addition, not a replacement?

I would like to receive the kit quickly.

My Volot is resting too much :deadhorse:

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #486 of 996
Is it a simple addition, not a replacement?

I would like to receive the kit quickly.

My Volot is resting too much :deadhorse:

It's an addiction. It takes a cable which otherwise goes into another place, and its built-in cable gets placed into that connector.
At the end you screw it on the heatsink, where there curiously are 2 holes. Looks like they already knew in advance they could have added something there.

If you use it on high or high+ gain there shouldn't be any issue using it until you receive the kit. I haven't had any.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #487 of 996
How's the sound? hasn't worsened?
Haven't really listened much to it since, I just had a quick go to check everything worked.

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #492 of 996
The upgrade has been installed. The sound is great, - high gain mode.
Low Gain is even better.
Which headphones?

Oct 8, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #494 of 996
Anyone using this amp with sensitive headphones like utopia/stellia/grado/meze etc?

Any background noise/hum/buzz? Usable turn of the volume knob good?

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #495 of 996
Anyone using this amp with sensitive headphones like utopia/stellia/grado/meze etc?

Any background noise/hum/buzz? Usable turn of the volume knob good?

According to Soundnews review, sensitive headphones are not an issue with the Volot, it should be dead silent at realistic listening levels. Can't confirm as I'm using an AB1266 TC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back