Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Mar 2, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #856 of 996
So perhaps early reports of what was termed "death pop" ( i.e turning amp off with cans attached, before turning off source) was corrected in following releases
I guess that also might be a grounding issue of the DAC.

Mar 4, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #857 of 996
Well .. Volot has it all with Susvara. It's sound is huge much like my Kinki Studio Thr-1, except it's more clear, better separation, more 3d and holographic sounding. The only thing I miss is that beautiful liquid sound! I think between the two I've found my endgame.. hey maybe Kinki as a preamp to Volot! Match made in heaven perhaps? Volot is the best amp I've heard and glad I landed on it, it's the end of my amp search for Susvara. Sounds excellent on my He6v2 as well!

Volot is special, in that in many cases when you are listening to a inferior amp, you hear the music perhaps as a whole, until you reach the level of Volot. When you listen to a amp of this level, it is like a onion with layers you never knew existed, not that when they were absent it lead to a poor listening experience, rather now that you can hear them it presents a new listening experience. These layers are now pulled apart, isolated in their own space, and rhythm. Not in a analytic sterilized sound, a layered 3d landscape. It's almost a virtual world where you are the center of a experience :)

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #858 of 996
Well .. Volot has it all with Susvara. It's sound is huge much like my Kinki Studio Thr-1, except it's more clear, better separation, more 3d and holographic sounding. The only thing I miss is that beautiful liquid sound! I think between the two I've found my endgame.. hey maybe Kinki as a preamp to Volot! Match made in heaven perhaps? Volot is the best amp I've heard and glad I landed on it, it's the end of my amp search for Susvara. Sounds excellent on my He6v2 as well!

Volot is special, in that in many cases when you are listening to a inferior amp, you hear the music perhaps as a whole, until you reach the level of Volot. When you listen to a amp of this level, it is like a onion with layers you never knew existed, not that when they were absent it lead to a poor listening experience, rather now that you can hear them it presents a new listening experience. These layers are now pulled apart, isolated in their own space, and rhythm. Not in a analytic sterilized sound, a layered 3d landscape. It's almost a virtual world where you are the center of a experience :)
I'm really happy about you! Can you now understand what I've meant in my conclusion about THR-1?

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #859 of 996
I'm really happy about you! Can you now understand what I've meant in my conclusion about THR-1?

Absolutely, but still comes down to what a person values in their listening experience. I.e Thr-1 could still be my endgame amp. Musicality pulls alot of weight with my preferences, maybe more than others, but fortunately the more I listen to Volot, the more musical it's becoming. I'll be keeping Thr-1 for a change of pace amp for sure. But yes Volot is definitely a step up :)

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #860 of 996
Absolutely, but still comes down to what a person values in their listening experience. I.e Thr-1 could still be my endgame amp. Musicality pulls alot of weight with my preferences, maybe more than others, but fortunately the more I listen to Volot, the more musical it's becoming. I'll be keeping Thr-1 for a change of pace amp for sure. But yes Volot is definitely a step up :)
Thank you, I wanted not be hard about THR-1, but it lacks in some aspects to me. Yes, it is all about preferences :) but preferences may change over time the more you listen to your great Volot!

Mar 5, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #861 of 996
I've noticed where Volot begins to show me it's talents the most, imo is not when the music is one or two layers deep. It still sounds excellent then of course, but where I think it shows it's totl teeth is when there is a 3rd or 4th or more, layers in the music, that's when I hear what makes it so special. It's ability to not only separate those layers, but put them in their own 3d space.

Mar 6, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #862 of 996
I've noticed where Volot begins to show me it's talents the most, imo is not when the music is one or two layers deep. It still sounds excellent then of course, but where I think it shows it's totl teeth is when there is a 3rd or 4th or more, layers in the music, that's when I hear what makes it so special. It's ability to not only separate those layers, but put them in their own 3d space.
I have no doubt that the Volot is worth it sonically. I just wish it had a smaller footprint.

Mar 10, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #864 of 996
I have no doubt that the Volot is worth it sonically. I just wish it had a smaller footprint.
As a ‘Volot’, it cannot be small…

Mar 10, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #865 of 996
It's a incredible amp, I went from a tiny sleek pro iCan signature to this giant, but the sound makes finding a place to put it, worth it. It is the most airest, 3d, amp I've heard even beating the previous best Heron 5/Hd800 I had. It smokes the Heron 5, Taurus Mkii and every other amp I've heard in every way. I imagine if this was sold by distributors it'd be twice as much atleast, imo, sq alone

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #866 of 996
It's a incredible amp, I went from a tiny sleek pro iCan signature to this giant, but the sound makes finding a place to put it, worth it. It is the most airest, 3d, amp I've heard even beating the previous best Heron 5/Hd800 I had. It smokes the Heron 5, Taurus Mkii and every other amp I've heard in every way. I imagine if this was sold by distributors it'd be twice as much atleast, imo, sq alone
How is the bass on the Volot/Susvara pairing? The only reservation I have read from user impressions of the Voiot is about the bass, and I wanted to know what youthing about it. To be fair, I have only heard one person complain about the bass, but I do not know how seriously to take that critidism.

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #867 of 996
basing anything on one user is dangerous

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #868 of 996
I might have complained a bit about the bass on the Volot in the past with the 1266 compared to the Formula S + Powerman. The Formula S bass has more quantity but the Volot bass is faster with similar texture but less decay. They are very close though and the 1266 was the headphone that really showed the difference for me. I've actually been using the 1266 on the Volot more recently as it expands the stage and helps with the mids.

I don't have the susvara which I guess is the pairing you are asking about although I may be ordering one soon. But the Volot and LCD-5 pairing creates great bass. I really wouldn't worry about the bass on the amp. It is fast, and balanced sounding

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #870 of 996
I was asked to notify for now that, all is fine for now (Everyone is safe), production will continue, albeit with some delays... They did get out of there of course, for now.

Was wondering if there is any update from the Flux team or Rebel Amp teams? Several of us were talking about them on the hp.com live stream today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back