Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Oct 10, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #496 of 996
What happened to this amp? It looked like it was going to be an amazing option for harder to drive planars but there's like no buzz about it. And it seems to be unavailable every time I check. I know they had some issues with stability with the initial runs, but have they scrapped it altogether?

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #497 of 996
What happened to this amp? It looked like it was going to be an amazing option for harder to drive planars but there's like no buzz about it. And it seems to be unavailable every time I check. I know they had some issues with stability with the initial runs, but have they scrapped it altogether?
They are expecting it back in stock early November.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #498 of 996
certainly sounds like an attractive amp for hard to drive planars but it seems to have encountered issues

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #499 of 996
certainly sounds like an attractive amp for hard to drive planars but it seems to have encountered issues

Well, actually just one user actually had an issue, and that was supposedly been resolved with this fix.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #500 of 996
They are expecting it back in stock early November.
At this moment, Volot the headphone amplifier has this in common with Volot the giant….they are both mythical…

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #501 of 996
It was stated from the beginning that this would have been available in limited numbers, I guess the global chip shortage played and still plays a role here.
Burson already stated the same for their upcoming totl amp.

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #502 of 996
Well, actually just one user actually had an issue, and that was supposedly been resolved with this fix.
Agreed The limited YouTube reviews and ownership pool creates an echo chamber effect in 1 issue.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #503 of 996
Yes I believe I'm the only one who has experienced an issue with the Volot. Flux contacted me recently and said that they will be sending me a new Volot as an apology for the failure I went through. I've been very happy with how they handled the issue I experienced and it's very generous of them to send me another one, especially one which has a fix for the problem I had.

I am looking forward to hearing this amp again as I have good memories of the sound from the short time I had with it.

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #504 of 996
why is it generous?...that is exactly what they should do and if I am correct at first they wanted to send you a part?

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #505 of 996
why is it generous?...that is exactly what they should do and if I am correct at first they wanted to send you a part?
That's a fair point. If a brand new product has an issue, I would expect an exchange for a working one is pretty standard stuff.

I'm looking forward to more impressions.

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #506 of 996
quite honestly I would find it insulting to send me a part for such a potentially dangerous situation..I am no expert in fixing or installing and would be nervous to ever use it under such a circumstance

Oct 11, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #507 of 996
I think he means that they're sending him a freebie VOLOT, because the defective one has long been refunded already, if I'm not mistaken. If this is indeed the case, then the word "generous" isn't so out of place at all, IMHO.

A freebie Volot, will almost always count as a generous proposition in my book. I wish I was the one with a Freebie Volot headed my way, to be frank.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #508 of 996
if they refunded him and then sent him a freebie then yes you are right but if they simply replaced it that is the absolute least they could do

Oct 12, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #509 of 996
I think folks need to appreciate that a lot of these new ( and frankly very innovative) companies are little more than hobbyist's with some ambition, and the price reflects that. If one of the more established brands was making an amplifier like this, it would cost two to three times as much. I think the risk is worth it, but it seems like a lot of people want everything, ( top drawer design, manufacture after sales service....... Oh, and a third of the price as well please!) and it just isn't realistic. Seems to me like flux are doing a good job providing innovative and interesting products at a reasonable price, and are doing their best to provide a good aftermarket service. People need to chill!

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #510 of 996
if they refunded him and then sent him a freebie then yes you are right but if they simply replaced it that is the absolute least they could do
He was refunded as far as I remember, and got a Formula S instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back