Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jun 25, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #196 of 996
^^^Yeah, talk less of when/whether they're (ever) going to add that pre amp, the one which is now promised for a "later" date.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #197 of 996
Just got the shipping notice, UPS tracking number following...
The beginning of the text, with all regrets for the delay, made me fear they were announcing me a further delay, but I was wrong. :)
Let's see how long UPS takes from Ukr to Switzerland.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #199 of 996
I'll certainly do, however I don't have a collection of amps to compare it to. I just have a Malvalve Headamp Three which didn't sound bad with my AB1266, its only problem was a lack of enough gain to cope with some classical recordings (Channel Classics's Fischer Mahler cycle for example). And in most recordings I had to push the loudness pretty much to the max.
To be truth I have a Ray Samuels B52 as well, but my Abyss aren't terminated in a way I can use them with it, and I haven't used it for some time now. The B52 isn't supposed to be a proper Abyss driver, that's why Samuels released the Dark Star.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #200 of 996
Just got the shipping notice, UPS tracking number following...
The beginning of the text, with all regrets for the delay, made me fear they were announcing me a further delay, but I was wrong. :)
Let's see how long UPS takes from Ukr to Switzerland.
Got the same email and had the same initial reaction. Glad to see the new 4 week estimate was accurate and a second delay would not happen

Also, last time I ordered from Flux it took about a week to ship from Ukraine to the east coast of the US. Most of the time was getting through customs so I'm hoping for a similar 1 week delivery time

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #201 of 996
Got the same email and had the same initial reaction. Glad to see the new 4 week estimate was accurate and a second delay would not happen

Also, last time I ordered from Flux it took about a week to ship from Ukraine to the east coast of the US. Most of the time was getting through customs so I'm hoping for a similar 1 week delivery time

Did you get the promised UPS tracking? Or didn't you choose UPS?
Haven't got anything so far...

Edit: nvm, got it now

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #202 of 996
Did you get the promised UPS tracking? Or didn't you choose UPS?
Haven't got anything so far...

Edit: nvm, got it now
Glad you got it. I still haven't seen the tracking info sent from Flux but I have a UPS account and I see the amp tracking info there. It popped up this morning and I didn't see anything from UPS on Saturday or Sunday.

Edit: Flux sent the tracking info at 12 pm EST

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #204 of 996
Has anyone ordered with DHL?

I haven't received a tracking number yet.
Hopefully you get your number soon. Don't know about DHL but when Vitaliy sent me my tracking info he mentioned that there is a holiday today in Ukraine, Constitution day. So that could be the source of some delays especially with getting your tracking info.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #205 of 996
Hopefully you get your number soon. Don't know about DHL but when Vitaliy sent me my tracking info he mentioned that there is a holiday today in Ukraine, Constitution day. So that could be the source of some delays especially with getting your tracking info.
thank you :) I got a tracking number. It's a holiday, so it's not tracked yet.

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #206 of 996
Expected delivery tomorrow by the end of the day!

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #208 of 996
One nice thing I just got informed of is that there will be a free high quality aluminium remote, it just won't be included in the delivery as they had not received them yet when they shipped the amp. It will come separately.
Amp must be run for 30 minutes to achieve its full potential.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #209 of 996
Expected delivery tomorrow by the end of the day!
Wow that's fast. Is the remote only for those that asked for one or is everyone getting sent a remote?

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #210 of 996
Wow that's fast. Is the remote only for those that asked for one or is everyone getting sent a remote?
"We always try to do everything as much as possible, that's why we decided to make a nice gift for our clients in the form of a high-quality aluminium remote control, but since not everything depends only on us, the courier service did not manage to deliver the remotes by the time the amplifiers were sent. We decided not to delay the main shipment and therefore will send the consoles in a separate parcel as soon as we receive them. We will inform you of the tracking number separately."

From the looks of it I'd say it's for all.

Concerning delivery, my guess is that customs may delay this or not, we'll see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back