Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jul 2, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #226 of 996
"We always try to do everything as much as possible, that's why we decided to make a nice gift for our clients in the form of a high-quality aluminium remote control, but since not everything depends only on us, the courier service did not manage to deliver the remotes by the time the amplifiers were sent. We decided not to delay the main shipment and therefore will send the consoles in a separate parcel as soon as we receive them. We will inform you of the tracking number separately."

From the looks of it I'd say it's for all.

Concerning delivery, my guess is that customs may delay this or not, we'll see.
Now we have to wait for the Volot "pre-amp" edition to take the full benefit of that aluminium remote :relaxed:

By the way, @Fafner (and @cangle -when you receive yours, I hope soon :) ), what was your final Volot price (including customs)? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #228 of 996
Now we have to wait for the Volot "pre-amp" edition to take the full benefit of that aluminium remote :relaxed:

By the way, @Fafner (and @cangle -when you receive yours, I hope soon :) ), what was your final Volot price (including customs)? Thanks.

Around 2820$, including PayPal fees, shipping and customs to Switzerland.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #229 of 996
Yeah I paid 2820 USD too. I think there's a picture in this thread of my order total. My amp is currently processing through customs with no expected delivery date at this time. While I wait I ordered a rack to move my audio gear to given the large size of the Volot and my dac is pretty big too. Will be nice to have a dedicated place for my equipment with plenty of space so I don't have to worry about the amp or dac getting too warm.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #230 of 996
Finally some listening time! It's soon, but I'm already liking what I'm hearing. Awesome spaciousness and precision, power seems not to have limits, high gain setting already plenty enough for the AB1266, Gain+ not needed, where my old Malvalve Headamp Three was at its limits. Volume apart I thought it sounded fine, but it's immediately evident how much more in control the Volot is with the Abyss. There's much more "meat" in the sound, the Malvalve sounded thin in comparison. Obviously not powerful enough.
One thing that I don't like it's that gain and input settings reset to lowest value every time the amp gets shut off. Being my preferred input "3" (XLR) and my gain setting "high" I have to set them each time I turn on the amp. A bit irritating.
EDIT: not true, see below
Sounds very promising so far based upon your initial impressions! I think with the FA-10 most people that paired it with the Susvara/1266/HE6 got the punch & slam along with control and dynamics even at low listening volumes would say there were trade offs in reduced resolution and technical performance. I think the hope or value prop with the volot is that you would get the dynamics of the FA-10 with perhaps the technical performance of a Niimbus or V550.

Do you still get the “meat” at low to moderate listening levels or do you have to turn up the volume to these dynamics?

Jul 4, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #232 of 996

The move to make is to buy the new Holo Spring 3 KTE + Preamp module and the Flux Volot :beerchug:... Based upon the reviews of the Holo Serene and the feedback from Tim on the Spring 3's performance this thing is going to have one helluva great Dac and pre.

https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product...a_titanis-version=spring-v3-kte-preamp-module

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #233 of 996
Hi ,, any feedback withe the susvara ?

Jul 5, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #234 of 996
Looks like my Volot finally passed through some export clearance thing. Delivery is set for Wednesday but could be delayed by customs

Jul 6, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #236 of 996
I got the message that my device will probably be shipped next week at the earliest because a few rare parts are missing :frowning2:
Looks like they only have a few finished so far~

regards
When did you order? Either way it's good that some are getting out there for impressions and reviews.

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #237 of 996
I got the message that my device will probably be shipped next week at the earliest because a few rare parts are missing :frowning2:
Looks like they only have a few finished so far~

regards
I hope they are considering a redesign for equivalents.
These "rare" parts will be a PITA for sure.

Bit OT: Checking for high powered balanced HP Amps and came across this. Think its bad ass.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #239 of 996
1st July.
Then it's not that bad. We waited 1 month to get it shipped, I think I'm the only one who got one already.
Just 5-6 hours into it, perhaps it's just me getting used, but I'm getting the impression sound is opening up nicely. Was just a tad more closed in at the very beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back