Florida Headphone Addicts
May 4, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #46 of 242
Ivy at Headroom just confirmed the availability of the Blockhead and Total Bithead.

[size=xx-small]Hi Guru-

Yes, we can get you a Total BitHead, BlockHead (I will try for stepped
if we have one) and Balanced Senn cable.

Thanks for sending me the date. I am forwarding this to Andrew and he
will get you set up and on the schedule. I appreciate the advanced
notice!

Just let us know if anything else comes up...

Cheers-

Ivy
[/size]

YAY!!!

May 4, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #47 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
The date was critical in obtaining a Blockhead. There is a SoCal meet around the 7th of June and it is fortunate we are a bit further away from that date.

I think we could very well have a blockhead in attendance at the meet. Ivy was very positive and I am still awaiting a confirmation. I have also requested a Total Bithead for some PC Source fun
very_evil_smiley.gif

Will post regular updates on the blockhead and other amps as I get more info.

Here is a list of equipment I will be bringing :-
=================================

1] Headroom Max with Stepped Attenuators (Courtesy Gene)
2] Rudistor RP5 (Should be in the "mine" category soon but as of now - courtesy Gene
very_evil_smiley.gif
)
3] Woo Audio Audiophile tube amplifier (Thank you Mr. Woo)
4] Singlepower PPX3 (Thank you Mikhail)
5] Headroom Blockhead (Courtesy Ivy@headroom)
6] Headroom Total Bithead (courtesy Ivy@headroom)
7] Sennheiser HD-650
8] Grado SR-60
9] AKG K-1000
10] Edwood's Signature K-1000 XLR -> 1/4" cable
11] Sony DVP-NS500V
12] Toshiba SD-3960 (only if I still have it at that point of time)
13] Rio Karma 20GB
14] Modified CMOY
15] Monster Power Conditioner - not sure which model
16] Monster Power Conditioning Strip
17] Sager NP-8790 Notebook Computer
18] Plenty of music and binaural recordings

Smashing!!
cool.gif

This meet could rival the Clearwater meet as far as gear diversity is concerned
eek.gif

Guru - I'll bring the Waves and Creek that you intended to bring.

May 4, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #48 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Guru - I'll bring the Waves and Creek that you intended to bring.

Brilliante Monsieur mikeg
cool.gif

I will have to set aside time to evaluate the K1000 setup against the RP5 and HD-650 setup.

I just received confirmation from Andrew Hertsens (He must be related to Tyll but I dont know HOW he is related to Tyll) that the Total Bithead and Blockhead will be coming my way in time for the meet.

The blockhead will be a monster though!!
eek.gif
Imagine two and a half Headroom Max's strapped side by side !!
redface.gif

May 5, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #51 of 242
Looks like this is coming together nicely. Luckily I'm still real happy with my setup, and nothing at the last meet made me too anxious to upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I shall just bring the HD-595's since 600's & PPA's are going to be well represented. Also I have a lot of SACD's now so I'll bring a decent crossection of styles with me. Will post in the other thread so that a list can eventually be compiled from the replies.

Hey guru I never heard any more about that project you & Matt were starting. What gives?

Peace

May 5, 2004 at 1:33 AM Post #52 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Looks like this is coming together nicely. Luckily I'm still real happy with my setup, and nothing at the last meet made me too anxious to upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I shall just bring the HD-595's since 600's & PPA's are going to be well represented. Also I have a lot of SACD's now so I'll bring a decent crossection of styles with me

I think you will do well to bring your PPA because I want to compare your barebones PPA with the fully loaded one that Raul will bring to the meet (if Larocco ships it out to him before the meet)

Quote:

Hey guru I never heard any more about that project you & Matt were starting. What gives?

All activity after the meet. I havent heard from Matt in a while and I dont think he has responded to this thread either...wonder where he is? Could be exams...mine just got over.

Matthew - please bring whatever you have - you never know who might be interested in what...

SACD's will be great to have. Also bring your source - we may be short in the source department as usual
tongue.gif
LOL

May 5, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #53 of 242
Quote:

Brilliante Monsieur mikeg
cool.gif

I will have to set aside time to evaluate the K1000 setup against the RP5 and HD-650 setup.

I just received confirmation from Andrew Hertsens (He must be related to Tyll but I dont know HOW he is related to Tyll) that the Total Bithead and Blockhead will be coming my way in time for the meet.

The blockhead will be a monster though!!
eek.gif
Imagine two and a half Headroom Max's strapped side by side !!
redface.gif

I'd love to hear an MDR-R10 powered by a Blockhead.

May 5, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #54 of 242
Quote:

goldmember32.jpg

My gosh, Guru, what happened to your hair since I saw you last? Did it get stuck in the headbands of, and pulled out by all the headphones that you've tested in the past couple of months?

May 5, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #55 of 242
The blockhead will have a balanced only outputs I think
confused.gif

I think only the Sennheiser headphones and the Grados have balanced cables available.

0010017001frontbig.JPG

0010017001backbig.JPG

But mikeg - consider this :-

Egmont Signature / Singlepower Maestro / Singlepower SDS / Angstrom Two Box - all these amps are going to be there
smily_headphones1.gif
The R-10's of Wayne and Gene will be permanently employed with these amplifiers I am afraid...

I am trying to compile a full list of gear that will be available at this meet - If Bill (sewerguy) will help me compile a full list then I will be able to arrange them over the 5 tables using some optimizations rules. This way no equipment gets left out and everyone will be able to access all the equipment provided it is free.

Gene - I need info on the RCA splitters of high quality. If they are expensive I will not be able to purchase them - but I will try to borrow them for the meet. Too many amplifiers and too few sources - cable swapping is a recipe for disaster - once plugged into the source and amp I dont want to touch the IC's at these ends - having a switchbox in the middle will help!!

Any ideas!??

May 5, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #57 of 242
Quote:

Gene - I need info on the RCA splitters of high quality. If they are expensive I will not be able to purchase them - but I will try to borrow them for the meet. Too many amplifiers and too few sources - cable swapping is a recipe for disaster - once plugged into the source and amp I dont want to touch the IC's at these ends - having a switchbox in the middle will help!!

Any ideas!??

I have a nice little switchbox built by fiddler - can take two inputs, and switch either input to any one of three outputs (at source level). Also, my Meridian 588 has balanced, single ended, and optical outputs, all of which are active at once.

If I look real hard amongst my junk, I think I have a pair of Vampire RCA splitters too. We'll find a way to get music to all those amps
tongue.gif

May 5, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #58 of 242
this is turning out to be a full blown meet .
sewer guy - let us know if i can be of any more help with any food and stuff.

if we have a lot of duplicate gears like the hd600 and hd650... can we just assign who wants to bring them so there wont be too much gear to monitor.

May 5, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #59 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
I have a nice little switchbox built by fiddler - can take two inputs, and switch either input to any one of three outputs (at source level). Also, my Meridian 588 has balanced, single ended, and optical outputs, all of which are active at once.

If I look real hard amongst my junk, I think I have a pair of Vampire RCA splitters too. We'll find a way to get music to all those amps
tongue.gif

That looks good - we can use that with the Shanling and cover the Egmont, Angstrom and Singlepower Maestro - that will wrap up the high end. If the Shanling has dual outputs then we can also link up the AQ1005Dt (hope I got the model number correct mikeg) tube amp.

This setup will be good for the R10/HD-650/Omega2/K1000

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
this is turning out to be a full blown meet .
sewer guy - let us know if i can be of any more help with any food and stuff.

if we have a lot of duplicate gears like the hd600 and hd650... can we just assign who wants to bring them so there wont be too much gear to monitor.

Yes I agree that it is growing fast. Plenty of manufacturer loaned amplifiers and other stuff...every member is bringing a lot of gear as well. We should be able to setup 5 different listening stations if I am given a layout of the room and the size of the tables (cue Bill
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I think everyone should bring whatever gear they have - why? because when you listen to the amps and sources with YOUR headphones - you know what you like and dont like...every headphone is different...some have been broken in longer than others...etc.

Besides - if more than one person wants to audition the HD-650 then we shouldnt have to wait for the dude who is using them to take them off...

I think everyone should bring all their gear. Just keep track (tag) of the stuff that belongs to you and keep your boxes in seperate places.

May 5, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #60 of 242
I will need the email address of everyone participating in this meet for communication. Please PM me with your email addresses. I will be sending all of you a form which I expect you to fill out and mail back to me. Please take the time to do this as it will make things easier for Bill and all the folks attending the meet.

I will be using this information to help Bill with the setup of the equipment in the most efficient way possible. The form will include questions and it will be in MS Word format. Simply fill it out and save the file and email it back to me as an attachment.

Thank you - awaiting your email addresses in my PM inbox
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back