FlipEars (CIEM, Made in the Philippines)
Feb 19, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #31 of 51
5BFF2D0E-D20F-49D8-BC76-DA3B2DB2D806.jpeg

Looks very interesting!!!

FlipEars Aurora
, a wonder of the world that can now be heard. Hear it, believe it.

Technical Specification
2 EST + 6 BA + 2DD twin subwoofer

2 EST - 2 ultra high
6 BA - 2 low-mid, 2 mid, 2 mid-high
2 Subwoofers - Sub-bass.

Frequency Response: 5Hz - 70kHz
Impedance: 21ohms @ 1kHz
Sensitivity: 124dB @ 1mW
Cable: FlipEars 8-core OCC copper cable, 2-pin recessed
Default connector: 2.5mm
Free adapters: 3.5mm, 4.4mm, 6.35mm
Packaging: All leather case with LCD display.

https://flipears.com/product/aurora/

2A05E2F6-422B-455C-83D5-5248D066D19C.jpeg

Feb 20, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #32 of 51
It definitely is. By totl standards, looks like a worthy set...

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #33 of 51
Has anyone heard the aurora? Its a rather interesting model (especially the faceplate).

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #34 of 51
any impressions?

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #35 of 51
Aurora seems to be a big hit in places like hong kong. Posts are coming one after the other praising it as good bang for the buck.

Jan 25, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #36 of 51
Aurora seems to be a big hit in places like hong kong. Posts are coming one after the other praising it as good bang for the buck.
Did you read some comparisons with others flagship? :)

Jan 25, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #37 of 51
a short review found on japanese store:

106e0555916a4a7238aa99d55c85c637.jpg

A flagship model that exquisitely summarizes different personalities!
Accurate localization, band balance, sound field, sound pressure feeling that is satisfying to listen to, all are well balanced earphones.
Various drivers faithfully play their respective roles according to the cast divided for each band.

The dynamic driver of Sub Bass expresses a powerful sound pressure feeling that pushes the air a little mellow.
Two BA drivers are assigned to each of Low-Mid, Mid, and Mid-High, providing accurate sound localization and faithful rendering without blurring.
The two EST drivers in charge of Ultra High have a clear and well-separated expression that vividly colors the sound.

I think the most amazing thing about the AURORA is that, while making the most of the individuality of the different drivers, the final output is a clear, expansive and beautiful sound. I think hybrid configuration earphones take advantage of the individuality of each driver and strongly reflect each driver's individuality, and there are quite a few auxiliary tunings other than the main one.
AURORA, on the other hand, has an exquisite balance in which none of them dominates, even though each driver has its own way of sounding. I think it's earphones.

It's not a model that has a strong impact when you listen to it, but the more you listen to it, the more you can feel the high degree of perfection!

For a moment, it's a well-balanced and natural listening experience that you wouldn't think of as a triple hybrid, but if you listen carefully, the individuality of each driver shines!

It is an earphone with the characteristics of "natural and individuality".

1674638840664.png

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #38 of 51
Another short review:

8dc72cad1b3fbaf8177b10066b51764e.jpg

New flagship model with ultimate flat listening

This is a model that gives you a sense of the dignity and leeway of a flagship, with just the right amount of resolution, sound field, and localization.

It has a flat sound with no prominent band, and it has a high application power that can be expressed from a relaxed warm expression to a speedy and sharp energetic expression.

In terms of localization, the image is that the vocals and the instruments are lined up in a horizontal line.
Some people may think that "more vocals are in front", but the sound field has a sufficient three-dimensional effect, and it never becomes a dumpling or flat sound.

As the name suggests, the clear high range that extends to the point where it does not pierce, reminiscent of an aurora, may be said to be the greatest feature of the AURORA.

Regardless of the music genre, flipears' high technical ability can be seen in the solid and accurate sound that delivers the passion of the song and the singer as it is.
I have the impression that they have adopted the trend of "triple hybrid" and created "unmistakable high sound quality" by making the most of the advantages of each driver.

It is a versatile model that perfectly balances monitoring and listening, and matches any kind of music.

Playback environment: Cayin N3Pro

1674639070090.png

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #39 of 51
Did you read some comparisons with others flagship? :)
I found 3 posts about it being compared to flagships. I dont speak the language so im left trusting the translations (while they are whacky like eartips getting translated to ear glue lol!). I tried to read between the lines as best as i could and these are what they had to say.

1st post is someone asking for opinions between it and the camelot from nostalgia audio. The comments seem to be favoring camelot. Most of the complaints for aurora is that the 'ear glue' doesnt fit most. Not much signature mentioned

2nd post is a general short impression of nio, aurora and camelot. First he says the ear glue doesnt fit him 🙄. But mid and high frequencies sound better on aurora than on nio. Also bass seems to be stronger on aurora than on nio.

3rd poster, hes asking for recommendation between pathfinder, hs2000mx and aurora. Pathfinder he says is just okay, hs2000mx having very nice vocals and aurora has a very three dimentional presentation.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #40 of 51
So i just had the opportunity to try out aurora, artha and a yet to be released iem. Ill start with aurora.

**The place i demoed them quite noisy so i wasnt able to really get a feel of its technicalities but ill share what i observed and im sorry if my impressions are all over the place. It's only been 10 minutes since i left the meet**

Aurora
I can 100% attest to the impressions from the hk fb group. The nozzle is really really wide. Part of it was due to the horn implementation had to tinker with fitment for a few minutes. Sound wise, to be frank, treble was the first thing that got my attention. There is a noticable cut off at around 10k it doesn't sound as extended as i thought it would be. There was also a bit of a peak in the treble which made it a bit fatiguing. Dont have much to say for midrange as it wasn't that prominent, it sounded a bit thin but still very resolving. Bass was a bit confusing to me. After reading and seeing the graphs for aurora, i was wondering why it wasnt all the noticable. It only showed itself on bass heavy tracks but kept to a minimum on acoustic tracks. I found imaging and staging (at least in stock form) deeper than it was wider. That depth really jumps at you. It instantly transported me to the stage (once i shifted over to my eros s it did sound noticably wider just a shame i forgot to try it with my janus). Timbre wise, it wasn't the most natural sounding. It was more analytical and dry than it was smooth and lush.

Artha
The iem that kept on surprising me. I was told it was an 8driver all ba set up so i was expecting it to be lean and neutral. I could detect a bit of ba timbre though not really much of a deal breaker. Treble was smooth and fairly extended but it did have a tendency to sound metallic. Midrange was quite full and pleasing. But what really stole the show was the bass... for an all ba iem it had slam, texture and reach. It made me wonder why the aurora didnt have this level of bass. This is definitely on my radar now! It also has 2 switches per side 1 - for a more engaging upper midrange (with it, it sounded even more full and devoid of ba timbre) and 2 - bass boost.

Aim X (Name is still a debate)
Its the latest iteration of the aim. It is probably the 5th or 6th iteration to be specific. I have the 4th gen aim so i wasn't too keen on listening to it but it just left me speechless. It now has a single switch which is a bass boost.
Treble - not that resolving but quite extended
Midrange - thick and i mean THICK. Very engaging! It reminded me of my atlas albiet not as smooth.
Bass - first of all, let me preface, this is a 4ba iem. I have its predecessor the aim v4 and it practically has the same bass drivers from what i was told but... my god that bass. It is HEAVY, VERY HEAVY (especially with the bass boost on) the texture was also very good not at the level of artha but still very impressive considering its price ($500 ish). Am sad to say that when the switch is on it exhibited quite an amount of bleed. Regardless, it was very fun lol. I kept on laughing as i played my bass heavy songs 😂. This will also be on my radar just because lmao! I highly rec this one for an all round FUN iem without breaking the bank.

Attachments

• 20230219_150913.jpg
    20230219_150913.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230219_150557.jpg
    20230219_150557.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230219_143457.jpg
    20230219_143457.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #41 of 51
I kinda want to listen to aurora in a quiet place and compare it to my aural definition kyrios+ theyre around the same price ($2100 for aurora vs $2200 for kyrios). Both brands are from the philippines too. I can only try to compare them crudely.

Kyrios - 5 ba 1 est
20230219_182737.jpg
Aurora - 2 est 2 woofers 6 ba
20230219_145645.jpg
In terms of treble:
Kyrios is better extended, smoother (less assuming)
Aurora much forward, has a peak more resolving

Midrange:
Kyrios is thicker, more natural. Has a bit of a dip in the upper midrange making it the more relaxed sounding of the two.
Aurora more forward i wouldnt say its peakier but rather its cleaner, has enough note thickness to avoid things sounding thin.

Bass:
Kyrios is more midbass forward. Theres a bit of a roll off in the sub but still very textured. It's never forward nor strong. Its just very well textured.
Aurora Depending on the song it is present/in the background. It is very clean sounding with quick decay. Sufficient amount of slam, better textured of the 2, more agile too.

Depth and width
Kyrios is sufficiently wide as it is deep creates a relaxed sounding sound field again not assuming.
Aurora way way deeper. It really jumps at you (a feat im very impressed with, not even my fourte can do this). Very very impressive! With the right cable it can even become even roomier.

Fit and isolation:
Kyrios has a bit of a learning curve but it has a shape similar to ve ext so its very comfy and doesnt have any vents.
Aurora i believe is best experienced in custom format because of; 1) its vented so no matter the tips it won't isolate the best 2) the nozzle is chunky so it's tricky and necessary to find the right fit 3) it is chunky and it will protrude 4) driver flex.

Forgivability:
From the description i have above the answer should be obvious right? But no;
Kyrios is more unforgiving of poor recorded materials because of 1 flaw, it has a rather sizable midbass hump. Poor recorded songs can and will sound drowned in warmth but on well mastered, it shines. Very natural very simple and the vocals very very beautiful!
Aurora everything performed spectacularly there wasnt much audible sound degradation switching from 128kbps poorly recorded songs to dsd of chesky recorded stuff. But it did however scale nicely on the chesky stuff. It showed its impeccable resolution and imaging.

Graphs:
Aural Definition Kyrios+
Screenshot_20230219_183156_Gallery.jpg

FlipEars Aurora
IEMgraph-6.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #42 of 51
Finally got to try FlipEars at NAMM with @Netforce - long story short we both purchased CIEMs!

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #43 of 51
Which model did you guys buy?

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #44 of 51

Users who are viewing this thread

Back