FlipEars (CIEM, Made in the Philippines)
Jul 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

randell1993

New Head-Fier
FlipEars

Disclaimer: I am not in any terms affiliated with the company, I'm just a customer that was truly satisfied with their product and service and decided to help them be known to the world. 

https://www.facebook.com/FlipEars/

Who is Flipears? It’s the first Filipino Custom In-Ear Monitor maker which makes an affordable competitive CIEMs. They started like 2~ years ago and gained popularity in Philippines thru word of mouth especially on local musicians.

Products they currently offer:
Genesis: Single Dynamic Driver (Only MMCX connector) Cost: 8000 PHP (roughly less than160 USD)
Aiden: Dual BA Driver (Choice of MMCX or 2 Pin) Cost: 15000 PHP (roughly less than 300 USD)
Aisha: Triple BA Driver (Choice of MMCX or 2 Pin) Cost: 20000 PHP (roughly less than 400 USD)
Aim: Quad BA Driver (Choice of MMCX or 2 Pin) Cost: 25000 PHP (roughly less than 500 USD)
They use Knowles BA driver

Versions V1: Flat signature very slight v curve V2: For bass head

Designs: They offer a lot of customizations and different faceplates in which you can also request custom design of your liking or merging their designs etc. They also offer Metallic special face plate care of Mr. Kazuhiro Oya for more elegant looks. (https://www.instagram.com/kazuhiro.oya/)
Price for special plates: 1000 php
Price for Metallic Plate: Please inquire for pricing

Accessories included are: Proctective case, earwax cleaner, Microfiber cloth

Turn around time : 30 to 45 days (still depends on demand the owner does everything himself)

Some random shots from their FB page some are universal demo units

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 51
Quick review(Ill try to make a more comprehensive one later on)

Setup: FiiO X5 - FiiO L1 IC - FiiO E12 - FlipEars Aisha

Quick review
Lows: Compare to dynamic drivers (senn's) the bass lacks a bit of punch as the BA drivers are not pushing alot of air but the body and the details are great.
Mids: This what get me in to thinking why this is the best IEM for me, Vocals are forward and are like in line with the lows and highs without any veils and just like the lows the details are so awesome especially on string instruments
Highs: The highs are well detailed but with the very sensitive drivers this can easily pickup sloppy high records and no sharp sounds can be heard on the high highs
Sound Stage: I was expecting a bit narrow stage when listening but behold its almost the same as my other iems but the thing is there are clear separation on every instrument or sound source while listening

No micophonics noted on the cable
Superb isolation and comfort (Given as it is made based on the shape of the ear)
No hiss

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 51

FlipEars

Disclaimer: I am not in any terms affiliated with the company, I'm just a customer that was truly satisfied with their product and service and decided to help them be known to the world. 

https://www.facebook.com/FlipEars/

Who is Flipears? It’s the first Filipino Custom In-Ear Monitor maker which makes an affordable competitive CIEMs. They started like 2~ years ago and gained popularity in Philippines thru word of mouth especially on local musicians.

Products they currently offer:
Genesis: Single Dynamic Driver (Only MMCX connector) Cost: 8000 PHP (roughly less than160 USD)
Aiden: Dual BA Driver (Choice of MMCX or 2 Pin) Cost: 15000 PHP (roughly less than 300 USD)
Aisha: Triple BA Driver (Choice of MMCX or 2 Pin) Cost: 20000 PHP (roughly less than 400 USD)
Aim: Quad BA Driver (Choice of MMCX or 2 Pin) Cost: 25000 PHP (roughly less than 500 USD)
They use Knowles BA driver

Versions V1: Flat signature very slight v curve V2: For bass head

Designs: They offer a lot of customizations and different faceplates in which you can also request custom design of your liking or merging their designs etc. They also offer Metallic special face plate care of Mr. Kazuhiro Oya for more elegant looks. (https://www.instagram.com/kazuhiro.oya/)
Price for special plates: 1000 php
Price for Metallic Plate: Please inquire for pricing

Accessories included are: Proctective case, earwax cleaner, Microfiber cloth

Turn around time : 30 to 45 days (still depends on demand the owner does everything himself)

Some random shots from their FB page some are universal demo units

.... As per their Latest post Knowles & Sonion.... I hope someone would share impressions on the 16 BA driver variety they are offering. This would be interesting.

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #7 of 51
how much is the 5-driver? do they also sell a universal version of it?

U can PM them here (https://www.facebook.com/FlipEars/?fref=ts). Universal Fit Across the range is possible...

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 51
how much is the 5-driver? do they also sell a universal version of it?

​universal version is sadly the same price compared to the custom. the only difference is the cost of the ear molds. so just go straight custom!

checked out the 4 and 5 driver. the 4 driver is slightly v shaped.. warm, punchy, good mids. the 5 driver is quite neutral without being analytic.. great mids, great highs due to the super tweeter..a bit "bass light" if you want something more "fun". ended up ordering the 5 driver since i wanted a neutral CIEM.

send them a PM on facebook.

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 51
I heard a lot of local artists back home use FlipEars. I'll pay them a visit when I go home for winter break.

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #10 of 51

​universal version is sadly the same price compared to the custom. the only difference is the cost of the ear molds. so just go straight custom!

checked out the 4 and 5 driver. the 4 driver is slightly v shaped.. warm, punchy, good mids. the 5 driver is quite neutral without being analytic.. great mids, great highs due to the super tweeter..a bit "bass light" if you want something more "fun". ended up ordering the 5 driver since i wanted a neutral CIEM.

send them a PM on facebook.

...then there's the Axis, 6 BA per ear side. This pair could up the "fun" factor before heading out to the +10 drivers category...

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #11 of 51
  I heard a lot of local artists back home use FlipEars. I'll pay them a visit when I go home for winter break.

... Local (really well known both local and abroad) as well as expat artists...

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #12 of 51
Are there any measurements or FR graphs available for their CIEMs? It's nice to hear positive impressions from people who've tried their models, but measurements would help me decide which models I should seriously consider.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #14 of 51
Im a little bit hesitant to order (unless i can audition some) since there;s no review of it, and only local artists are their main clients. and Im wondering if it's worth to buy instead of unique melody considering the price. I hope someone here who have iem/custom brands like lear, unique melody, etc to compare with so that we all have the idea. Thanks 

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #15 of 51
  Im a little bit hesitant to order (unless i can audition some) since there;s no review of it, and only local artists are their main clients. and Im wondering if it's worth to buy instead of unique melody considering the price. I hope someone here who have iem/custom brands like lear, unique melody, etc to compare with so that we all have the idea. Thanks 

... Your absolutely correct right there. "Let your ears be the judge"... I can share the bottom of the range IEM with relation to a club member / colleague's impressions on the Genesis, their 1 BA IEM. Compared with my W10 they sounded basically the same. Another colleague has ordered Aisha CIEM 3 BA. He has the Jomo 6R and will post impressions very soon. I've auditioned the 6Rs as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back