flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 2, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #33,361 of 39,414
How on earth do you get that sound out of a £35 earphone? If I didn't know the price and you told me it cost ten times that or more I wouldn’t disbelieve you.

Really happy that you're into them. They will only get better with time!

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #33,362 of 39,414
Amazon delivered super quick. Straight out of the box with the supplied cable and tips it sounded just ok and pretty much fitting it’s price bracket. I quickly got rid of those though as instructed. I then put on CA Marshmallow foam tips and attached the PWA No.5 cable and suddenly the BL03 becomes something else entirely. It’s more full bodied and the sound has a more commanding presence. People on here said it scales well and they were not kidding.

How on earth do you get that sound out of a £35 earphone? If I didn't know the price and you told me it cost ten times that or more I wouldn’t disbelieve you.
Welcome to fight club! You know the rules. 😎

Seriously though, I challenge you to AB the BLON with every kilobuck IEM you get, ignore ultra technicalities and just focus on the tuning. I've had many head shaking moments doing just that.
Sounds like a nice place to live other than the humidity.
Literally the only reason I wouldn't be able to live in Singapore even if I wanted to. That and needing an investment banker's salary to make ends meet.

Jul 2, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #33,364 of 39,414
Jul 2, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #33,365 of 39,414
Just picked up the U18S and I’m really liking what I’m hearing so far.image.jpg
Can you give some impressions of these? They are peaking my interest.

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #33,367 of 39,414
Welcome to fight club! You know the rules. 😎

Seriously though, I challenge you to AB the BLON with every kilobuck IEM you get, ignore ultra technicalities and just focus on the tuning. I've had many head shaking moments doing just that.

Literally the only reason I wouldn't be able to live in Singapore even if I wanted to. That and needing an investment banker's salary to make ends meet.
Name an awesome place to live that is NOT expensive -- seems like there is a hidden connection here...... lol

as to the Blon (and other budget fare in general) whenever I hear a qualification like 'for the price', or 'good bass for a BA', etc. isn't this just a nice way to say 'meh'?

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #33,368 of 39,414
Name an awesome place to live that is NOT expensive -- seems like there is a hidden connection here...... lol

as to the Blon (and other budget fare in general) whenever I hear a qualification like 'for the price', or 'good bass for a BA', etc. isn't this just a nice way to say 'meh'?
Ordinarily I’d agree with that, but the BL-03 seems to defy the laws of physics 😃🤭

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #33,369 of 39,414
Normally with kilobucks, the technicalities are what makes or breaks it for me and for the life of me I can't stop myself. There's going to be a big but here. BUTTTTTTT

The Blon 03, just like the Blessing 2 sit in this weird goldilocks zone for iems where I can actually sit back and enjoy the music, technicalities be damned.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #33,370 of 39,414
399325_446401.jpg

Gonna go try this pretty IEM at the store tomorrow. 6 BAs, ~$1000 from South Korea Japan https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1346633/2069/ Wonder how'd they sound. Anyone has heard them? Clariar i640
399325_446404.jpg
So? Did you get a chance to hear em out?

I’m very interested in these 🥰

Jul 2, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #33,372 of 39,414
Jul 2, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #33,374 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back