flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
May 30, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #32,191 of 39,414
Fair points. Just assumed you were following on from my 'small differences' comment. My bad. Going back in my box now 😅
I never post with the intention of hurting anyone (I'd just keep t to myself or do it in a PM!-lol) When I do not quote anything in a post, it is usually just me expressing a thought that has been building up from multiple prevous comments/posts made by others, and 'this' is just the moment it hit critical mass!

You write well and I enjoy reading your stuff (even when you are wrong! :ksc75smile: :beyersmile: JK

May 30, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #32,192 of 39,414
I never post with the intention of hurting anyone (I'd just keep t to myself or do it in a PM!-lol) When I do not quote anything in a post, it is usually just me expressing a thought that has been building up from multiple prevous comments/posts made by others, and 'this' is just the moment it hit critical mass!

You write well and I enjoy reading your stuff (even when you are wrong! :ksc75smile: :beyersmile: JK
All good, and very true, I'm wrong more often than I'd like to admit, but that's the only way to learn! 😁

May 30, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #32,195 of 39,414
HM1000 with the birdie is an insane pairing. I’m speechless 😶 9EBFCAE7-905C-4ED1-B293-B32140279DF9.jpeg

May 31, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #32,198 of 39,414
I took a D220 MAX in a trade, and thought it wasn't for me, so I was going to sell it. So for 💩 and giggles, I plugged my Elysium in, using the 1960s two-wire, it's not going anywhere. It's the most beautiful music, spot-on tone, and timbre, rising out of a deep black, silent background.

May 31, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #32,199 of 39,414
Here I go... my journey on this wallet-slaying hobby of ours, got restarted when I got my IER-Z1R back in Dec 2019.
Before that, I only had 4 IEMs which are the first 4 in my signature. (they're actually in chronological order lol)
Now, I'm actually up to 10... :joy:

And it's not every time that I get to have this many IEMs on my desk, so I decided to make my 1000th post be a photo of my collection along with stuff I have for review because why not? lol

(Note that the M4, Lola, and the A3 are @KuroKitsu 's, and unfortunately, I'm missing two other IEMs that are currently getting reffited and reshelled over at itsfit, namely the Layla & that "mystery" IEM. There's also the FxD SK that's incoming, so once those arrive, I'll take another photo, but the other IEMs might not be here anymore due to some being review units. The review units are pretty much the ones not included in my signature.)

It's been quite an amazing journey and the "harem" is just gonna get bigger maybe LMAO
And the collection is still far from @Damz87 legendary level. His collection is pretty hard to beat!

IMG_0794.jpg

May 31, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #32,200 of 39,414
Here I go... my journey on this wallet-slaying hobby of ours, got restarted when I got my IER-Z1R back in Dec 2019.
Before that, I only had 4 IEMs which are the first 4 in my signature. (they're actually in chronological order lol)
Now, I'm actually up to 10... :joy:

And it's not every time that I get to have this many IEMs on my desk, so I decided to make my 1000th post be a photo of my collection along with stuff I have for review because why not? lol

(Note that the M4, Lola, and the A3 are @KuroKitsu 's, and unfortunately, I'm missing two other IEMs that are currently getting reffited and reshelled over at itsfit, namely the Layla & that "mystery" IEM. There's also the FxD SK that's incoming, so once those arrive, I'll take another photo, but the other IEMs might not be here anymore due to some being review units. The review units are pretty much the ones not included in my signature.)

It's been quite an amazing journey and the "harem" is just gonna get bigger maybe LMAO
And the collection is still far from @Damz87 legendary level. His collection is pretty hard to beat!

IMG_0794.jpg
Stunning collection and photo, bro! One day we’ll do that meet up we’ve been talking about and take the most epic photo ever 😂

May 31, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #32,201 of 39,414
Stunning collection and photo, bro! One day we’ll do that meet up we’ve been talking about and take the most epic photo ever 😂
Permission to come aboard. I'll bring the fisheye lens. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 31, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #32,202 of 39,414
May 31, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #32,204 of 39,414
Me neither… I’m contemplating selling mine and ordering a custom faceplate version.
If I ever get a Bird in want it all onyx black with gold logo, like the LX. Still my favourite looking IEM.
I took a D220 MAX in a trade, and thought it wasn't for me, so I was going to sell it. So for 💩 and giggles, I plugged my Elysium in, using the 1960s two-wire, it's not going anywhere. It's the most beautiful music, spot-on tone, and timbre, rising out of a deep black, silent background.
Better than with the M8? 🤔 And may I add, the 1960s 2-wire adds a smooth, organic yet beautifully detailed tint to the Fourte that reminds me of how some describe the sound of the M8. Sometimes I wonder what's affecting the sound the most, the source, tips or cable (most likely a combination of all three).

May 31, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #32,205 of 39,414
Agreed :) DX220 Max and Elysium is an insane combo. It would be one of the most impressive synergies I’ve experienced. Like you said, tonally accurate but also Max adds a significant bump to stage space without screwing up Ely’s coherency.

Sadly I sold my Max and I’m slightly regretting that decision now that I think about this pair up 🥲 I haven’t tried a 1960s 2-wire on Ely before. Maybe I’ll try the Odin stormbreaker and see how it goes :)

57E3F024-7189-424E-A1CC-0E64B713CB90.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back