flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 13, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #29,071 of 39,414
I have a werid question:
The brands who regularly release high end iems, for example: 64 Audio, JH Audio, Campfire Audio, Empire Ears, Vision Ears, Unique Melody, AAW - do they audition each others offerings before deciding on next upgraded release?

Yes, they do. You’ll see a lot of cross-auditioning at shows like CanJam.

They definitely do. One of the highlights of the last Canjam London for me was sitting at the VE table listening to a few of their toys and ending up getting involved in a three way conversation with Amin and one of the brothers from 64 Audio (Vitaly?) about hybrid driver designs, as those two were trading an Elysium and a Fourte Noir and listening at the table. Very cool to see the amount of interest and respect they both had for the other companies' design and tech.

I'm pretty sure I didn't add much to the conversation. :wink:

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #29,072 of 39,414
I have the Traillii and yes it is special but I could not agree with you more.
Okay just switched from M8 Bird to M8 Clear, cold to warm, in no small measure.

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #29,073 of 39,414
They definitely do. One of the highlights of the last Canjam London for me was sitting at the VE table listening to a few of their toys and ending up getting involved in a three way conversation with Amin and one of the brothers from 64 Audio (Vitaly?) about hybrid driver designs, as those two were trading an Elysium and a Fourte Noir and listening at the table. Very cool to see the amount of interest and respect they both had for the other companies' design and tech.

I'm pretty sure I didn't add much to the conversation. :wink:
I don't know why, but reading that they both treated each others' products with respect gave me a very warm feeling :beyersmile:

Mar 13, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #29,074 of 39,414
I don't know why, but reading that they both treated each others' products with respect gave me a very warm feeling :beyersmile:
I;ve been to quite a few Can-Jams, and other meets, along with a number of Hi-Fi (Trade) Shows, and find the mutual respect, community, and sharing are awe-inspiring. It really is more like a village or a family, than a bunch of competitors lining up to win folks' approval.

That plus the real reason why folks are there, both vendors and 'civilians', is for the love of music, and the quest for the best way to get closest to that music. I miss Can-Jams and getting to see my new family.

Mar 13, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #29,075 of 39,414
They’re technically my wife’s, but she lets me use them from time to time. Apparently that’s what I signed up for. What’s mine is hers, and what’s hers is hers. :rolling_eyes:
Ah, same marriage contract then ! Welcome bro ! My version is that "my money is her money and her money is also her money"...
So who owns the summer collection ?

Mar 13, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #29,076 of 39,414

final’s parent company is the Japanese distributor for DITA, so they know each other well. I agree with the warm feelings generated by their collaboration, and look forward to receiving my set, hopefully in April. 🙏

Mar 13, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #29,077 of 39,414
I have the Traillii and yes it is special but I could not agree with you more.

From your sig, I see someone is a big fan of PWA cables (except EA Phanes) :D

Btw, do you guys know that MEST MKII comes stock with PWA made cable, and it is not braided?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #29,078 of 39,414

Btw, do you guys know that MEST MKII comes stock with PWA made cable, and it is not braided?
Wait what? Really?

Hoping I’d get a chance to try them out.

Mar 13, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #29,079 of 39,414

Have you heard it?

Mar 13, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #29,081 of 39,414
@twister6 this is the cable right?

CE3B8584-99E5-4881-81E8-5E11EA26864F.jpeg

It still seems to be braided.
Did you mean that it’s not sleeved?

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #29,084 of 39,414
@twister6 this is the cable right?

It still seems to be braided.
Did you mean that it’s not sleeved?

Sorry, yes, meant not a typical braided PWA sleeve, to reduce the microphonics effect.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #29,085 of 39,414

Yes. PWA addiction is another way to put it. I also have a Loki 4 wire sitting in a drawer for when I purchase an Elysium for the third time. The Loki 4 wire has excellent synergy with the Elysium and I miss the emotive mids of Elys!

I had the LX IEM only 4 times before I could let go of it for the last time! I am not good with breakups! Getting back together etc. is to enticing!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back