flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #25,141 of 39,414
Not at all. Here the link for you : https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/france/index_en.htm.

You can easely find your answers :

"Are any other legal guarantees laid down in national law coexisting with the legal conformity guarantee?
A guarantee against hidden defects of 2 years starting with the discovery of the defect, but the consumer must prove the existence of any such defect. Under general contract law, action must be taken within 5 years of the sale."

"On average, how long is a commercial warranty?
1 to 5 years, but in most cases 2 years as with the legal guarantee. More expensive goods usually have a longer warranty which often applies to specific parts of the product."

And here for the 14 day guarantees-returns policy : https://www.euronics.ee/14-day-return-en

" Additionally, products not suitable for return due to hygienic or medical reasons, cannot be returned after the packaging has been removed. "

I had multiple deal with hi-fi-portable.com : a pair of Fourté Noir, Erlkönig Black, Rhapsodio Infinity II, Rhapsodio Supreme II and multiple highend cable as well. I know many dealer out there and hi-fi-portable.com was each time very professionnal and helpfull, as with many other audiophile friends out there. I don't know why it's easy for you to point out someone.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #25,142 of 39,414
Not at all. Here the link for you : https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/france/index_en.htm.

You can easely find your answers :

"Are any other legal guarantees laid down in national law coexisting with the legal conformity guarantee?
A guarantee against hidden defects of 2 years starting with the discovery of the defect, but the consumer must prove the existence of any such defect. Under general contract law, action must be taken within 5 years of the sale."

"On average, how long is a commercial warranty?
1 to 5 years, but in most cases 2 years as with the legal guarantee. More expensive goods usually have a longer warranty which often applies to specific parts of the product."

And here for the 14 day guarantees-returns policy : https://www.euronics.ee/14-day-return-en

" Additionally, products not suitable for return due to hygienic or medical reasons, cannot be returned after the packaging has been removed. "

I had multiple deal with hi-fi-portable.com : a pair of Fourté Noir, Erlkönig Black, Rhapsodio Infinity II, Rhapsodio Supreme II and multiple highend cable as well. I know many dealer out there and hi-fi-portable.com was each time very professionnal and helpfull, as with many of other audiophile friends out there. I don't know why it's easy for you to point out someone.
They made me an offer that they went back on a few days later - that’s pretty unprofessional no matter how you look at it really.

Nov 14, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #25,143 of 39,414
It's a pity, but did this happen for no reason ? Knowing the dealer it would surprise me a lot. It's a real shame because the Infinity II are an exceptional pair only beaten by the Supreme II from the same Rhapsodio, for me far from everything else on the market today. And Rhapsodio has gained enormous respect in the audio community in Asia and Europe.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #25,144 of 39,414
It's a pity, but did this happen for no reason ? Knowing the reseller it would surprise me a lot. It's a real shame because the Infinity II are an exceptional pair only beaten by the Supreme II from the same Rhapsodio, for me far from everything else on the market today. And Rhapsodio has gained enormous respect in the audio community in Asia and Europe.

The infinity is good, but that’s a bold statement IMO. The bass is about as BA as BA bass can get, and the low end is obliterated by the erlkonig, u12t, and A18s which also use BA drivers.

It’s a matter of preference I guess. I heard the infinity to be more mid and treble focused than anything, which for me isn’t exactly a safe tonality or one I can fully recommend without an audition first.

For what it’s worth, I also think the Z1R is a much better IEM overall but yet again, preferences come into play here and their tunings are quite different

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #25,145 of 39,414
I heard the IER-1Z and I found them disembodied, fleshless with a V shape signature and highs that I'm sensitive to. In a fun way without a soul either. With the Infinity II you "feel" the presence of the musicians and the bass is full and accurate. But more than that the bass are beautifull and textured as the Hifiman HE1000. I had the regular Erlkönig for a year, replaced by the Erlkönig Black. I also have the Fourté Noir with his dynamic driver and feel any lack of bass. The Infinity II and the Supreme II offers an emotion and a control that has never been made before. And I mean that really. I'm not the only one for sure to have the same feeling. It's difficult to go back to the Erlkönig once you've heard the Infinity II. They are that good. And I'm a huge supporter of Vision Ears. I adore the Erlkönig and the Elysium as they are the reference to be outperformed for me with the Fourté Noir.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #25,146 of 39,414
It's a pity, but did this happen for no reason ? Knowing the reseller it would surprise me a lot. It's a real shame because the Infinity II are an exceptional pair only beaten by the Supreme II from the same Rhapsodio, for me far from everything else on the market today. And Rhapsodio has gained enormous respect in the audio community in Asia and Europe.
Yeah I was pretty excited for them. The reason why his 14 day return window offer was withdrawn is that I posted about said offer - pretty odd all in all considering it's a used unit.

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #25,147 of 39,414
I heard the IER-1Z and I found them disembodied, fleshless with a V shape signature and highs that I can't accept. In a fun way without a soul either. With the Infinity II you "feel" the presence of the musicians and the bass is full and accurate. But more than that the bass are beautifull and textured as the Hifiman HE1000. I had the regular Erlkönig for a year, replaced by the Erlkönig Black. I also have the Fourté Noir with his dynamic driver and feel any lack of bass. The Infinity II and the Supreme II offers an emotion and a controle that has never been made before. And I mean that really. I'm not the only one for sure to have the same feeling. It's difficult to go back to the Erlkönig once you've heard the Infinity II. They are that good. And I'm a huge supporter of Vision Ears. I adore the Erlkönig and the Elysium as they are the reference to be outperformed for me with the Fourté Noir.

I guess just once again preferences comes into play here, for me the Infinity MK2 wasn’t close to the same class as the LE Erlkonig overall. The beauty of this hobby. :)

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #25,148 of 39,414
Yeah I was pretty excited for them. The reason why his 14 day return window offer was withdrawn is that I posted about said offer - pretty odd all in all considering it's a used unit.
But if a 14 day cooling off period is law, surely it doesn't matter what they offer you? It's your legal right to return any item within 14 days in the EU, no questions asked.

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #25,149 of 39,414
I guess just once again preferences comes into play here, for me the Infinity MK2 wasn’t close to the same class as the LE Erlkonig overall. The beauty of this hobby. :)
This hobby is like a bunch of people walking in a circle looking up at the sky and each calling it a different colour. Then arguing with each other why they're right.

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #25,150 of 39,414
But if a 14 day cooling off period is law, surely it doesn't matter what they offer you? It's your legal right to return any item within 14 days in the EU, no questions asked.
Technically they are allowed to not offer that quoting IEM hygiene as the reason. I was however made that offer and I have screenshots. Valentin however changed his mind because I posted about it. I have however been refunded - won’t be making any purchases with him again

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #25,151 of 39,414
To my ears the Infinity 2 sounds like a reverse L-shaped signature, with forward treble and neutral mids/bass. I can undersrand why some would love how it sounds, as I found it to be very good with certain genres (mostly acoustic and vocal centric type stuff) but overall, it didn’t suit my taste at all. The bass is far too neutral and very typical BA sounding. Also, there seems to be a peak in the treble that hits a sensitive spot in my hearing, which made it very fatiguing. I could only listen to them for 20 minutes at most.

The point I’m trying to make is that people should be cautious of claims that Infinity 2 (or any other iem, really) is far ahead of everything else in the market because as always, it all comes down to personal preference.

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #25,152 of 39,414
Technically they are allowed to not offer that quoting IEM hygiene as the reason. I was however made that offer and I have screenshots. Valentin however changed his mind because I posted about it. I have however been refunded - won’t be making any purchases with him again
Fair enough. It would have been better for business to get you onside, but to each his own.

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #25,153 of 39,414
people should be cautious of claims that Infinity 2 (or any other iem, really) is far ahead of everything else in the market because as always, it all comes down to personal preference.
Can somebody pin that somewhere please!

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #25,154 of 39,414
Life goes on...win some lose some. I am not sure what is on the horizon that is the next big thing

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #25,155 of 39,414
Fair enough. It would have been better for business to get you onside, but to each his own.
It is what it is - no biggie - it means there’s funds for a new TOTL however, and that’s certainly exciting :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back