flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 8, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #7,982 of 39,419
By the way, I just received word on Instagram that this IEM will be universal only. :)
giphy.gif

Mar 8, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #7,983 of 39,419
So many cool shells. That pattern looks just like a new car using camouflage so that you can't figure out what it really will look like, even thought it's not that difficult to figure out, lol....

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #7,987 of 39,419
By the way, I just received word on Instagram that this IEM will be universal only. :)

Was wondering about that on the VisionEars thread when I posted the video, ok then... they decided to strike back on the Fourte / Trio front... probably prices is going to hurt :p

Just when I decided to go custom... ah ah

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #7,988 of 39,419
In case anyone are interested. Ve8 and legend-x compared.
20180308_190654.jpg

And the dual dynamic drivers in the legend-x

20180308_191034.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #7,989 of 39,419
Was wondering about that on the VisionEars thread when I posted the video, ok then... they decided to strike back on the Fourte / Trio front... probably prices is going to hurt :p

Yeah, I assume so as well. Considering VE's high dollar-per-driver ratios, I tremble at the thought. Maybe it's because they laser engrave VE on every single one of their drivers... :D

In case anyone are interested. Ve8 and legend-x compared.

And the dual dynamic drivers in the legend-x

It's the extra shaving around the anti-helix that makes EE IEMs so comfortable and pressure-free. Yet, they hold really well in the ear because of the well-replicated canal.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #7,990 of 39,419
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #7,992 of 39,419

I might be one of the few that went from customs back to universals. Resigned myself to the fact that endgame iems are never endgame iems, so I might as well not lose as much when I resell! Probably a much too practical way to look at this hobby!

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #7,993 of 39,419
I might be one of the few that went from customs back to universals. Resigned myself to the fact that endgame iems are never endgame iems, so I might as well not lose as much when I resell! Probably a much too practical way to look at this hobby!

Yeah well, on the flipside I could see myself owning several customs, and there is something to be said for owning different signature. I have never kept several universal, too easy to get into the buy-sale-buy new cycle with the endgame in mind. I have come to realize endgame is a chimera there is no such thing... even if these days manufacturers come up with dazzling products (and, unluckily...prices). I have no doub the ERLKonig will be amazing, curious as to the tuning... The prices make it almost impossible to own several top of the top of the line IEMs, and I make a decent living... I mean those cost as much as my daily ride (a Honda Forza 125 scooter)!

This being said the fact that CIEMs like the 5-Way are still so special they’re still regularly at the top is re-assuring. If anything, the SE5U is (sigh) cheap by TOTL standard... The VE8 looks like it could be a classic too. As much as I am inclined to get hot for the ERLKonig, the wise choice would be to go SE5 (probably 2 or 2.5x times cheaper). I confess the quick listen I had was memorable and I enjoyed it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back