flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
May 17, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #39,016 of 39,414
Curious what you found unbalanced with the OG? The Ti graphed quite a bit brighter, and for me, that would be more unbalanced.
But I am fairly certain (from seeing your dap screen posts over time) that we listen to completely different types of music, also.
I find that the Ti has better trebles extension, and consequently bigger soundstage. While retaining the nice organic bass. Yes, I'd imagine sound signature preferences and sort of music would also drive preferences. :)

May 17, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #39,017 of 39,414
I find that the Ti has better trebles extension, and consequently bigger soundstage. While retaining the nice organic bass. Yes, I'd imagine sound signature preferences and sort of music would also drive preferences. :)
Nice. I’ll stop asking questions and wait for your forthcoming large format review I know you are feverishly working on. 😉

May 19, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #39,018 of 39,414
Morning / afternoon / evening all! Nice to see some familiar names still listing on these threads. Not been very active in the scene in the last year or so, but finally getting back in to the setting of things now with a few purchases like the Jolene, the Balmung and a few others.

As coincidence would have it, have also written a little review of the Jolene here, if it hasn't already been done to death. :wink:

For this who are interested:
https://audioprimate.blog/2022/05/15/jh-audio-jolene-dual-dynamic-duo/

As always, any comments/advice/general abuse always very much appreciated.

Cheers!

May 20, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #39,019 of 39,414
Morning / afternoon / evening all! Nice to see some familiar names still listing on these threads. Not been very active in the scene in the last year or so, but finally getting back in to the setting of things now with a few purchases like the Jolene, the Balmung and a few others.

As coincidence would have it, have also written a little review of the Jolene here, if it hasn't already been done to death. :wink:

For this who are interested:
https://audioprimate.blog/2022/05/15/jh-audio-jolene-dual-dynamic-duo/

As always, any comments/advice/general abuse always very much appreciated.

Cheers!
Good to see you again Ross! Hope you have been doing well.

May 20, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #39,020 of 39,414
Good to see you again Ross! Hope you have been doing well.
Doing well, thanks Erik. Hope life is treating you and your significant others (human and canine) well too? Just trying to catch up on all the new hotness I still can't afford but want to listen to. :wink:

May 20, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #39,021 of 39,414
Doing well, thanks Erik. Hope life is treating you and your significant others (human and canine) well too? Just trying to catch up on all the new hotness I still can't afford but want to listen to. :wink:
Good to hear! Yeah, things are good here too. Just look at how relaxed the boy is these days... 😂
Barnie relax.jpg

Much the same here. I can't follow the $6k, $7k and upward trend, but I am still curious. 😁

May 20, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #39,022 of 39,414
I think it's because, much to the chagrin of measurement extremists, this hobby is more fundamentally and irretrievably subjective than most others. The experience of listening to music which forms the heart and soul of this hobby is a fundamentally internal, individual and intimate experience.
This is a point that I feel many pay lip service to but is still not truly appreciated—the fundamental fact that the way each and every one of us hears—the very experience of hearing—is measurably different for each individual. So by definition, it is impossible to have any truly objective measure of what is ‘best’ when every person will have a completely individual perceptual experience. Everybody is an N of 1. That’s before you even talk about what kind of music you like to listen to.

May 30, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #39,025 of 39,414
May 30, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #39,028 of 39,414
@Wyville keep posting pix of B and people will always be back here...for Nic

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #39,029 of 39,414
@Wyville keep posting pix of B and people will always be back here...for Nic
I'm working on Barnie's own line of gifs (might take a while to load)... 😅

Barnie-Ball.gif

I can't dress him up yet so his YouTube channel will have to wait, but give the boy a ball and he is happy as can be. 😁

May 30, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #39,030 of 39,414
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back