flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #25,456 of 39,414
You mean, at that price tag ($5.5k), you expect really good packaging :p
I expect a 5500$ product :p when your own money is on the line you become a lot more grumpy and critical haha

Nov 27, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #25,457 of 39,414
I said Odin was too expensive. Then I sold my stuff to get Odin. What a day.

Nov 27, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #25,459 of 39,414
I said Odin was too expensive. Then I sold my stuff to get Odin. What a day.

I might hear odin and wraight one day lol, I dont think it will make me want to sell off my noirs honestly.

Nov 27, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #25,460 of 39,414
I might hear odin and wraight one day lol, I dont think it will make me want to sell off my noirs honestly.
I preferred MEST over Trio, and 64's shells just don't play well with my ear. Hopefull I can demo a Forte one day and see what the controversy there is about

As much as Odin didn’t suit my sound preferences I’ll easily admit it’a a top notch IEM, I’m sure you’ll love it.
Rereading my impressions on Odin that I posted on this thread, it read like a love letter and I don't think any other iem has impressed me that much.

I've always been an Empire fanboy having owned 5 of their iems across the Olympus and EP/X lines, so it may have been.... Inevitable

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #25,461 of 39,414
Who knows?

You’ll need to trust your tiger ears...

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #25,462 of 39,414
Who knows?

You’ll need to trust your tiger ears...
Vitaly and I are going to have a truck top fight on the 401 if he says Noir is better than Odin.

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #25,463 of 39,414
Time and place?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #25,464 of 39,414
I’ll be the ref

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #25,465 of 39,414
Nov 27, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #25,466 of 39,414
Bold of you to assume Vitaly is gonna say Noir. Then again....

Winner takes all (iems)?

So far the Noir has been the undefeated for him lol

So we shall see.

and yes, winner takes all 😂

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #25,467 of 39,414
"""We have no way of knowing what accessories are included in each package, so we cannot offer any guarantees on which accessories may be included with our B-stock items, including (but not limited to) cables, eartips"""

What do you guys think of this reply and would you still like to be their customer? Don't want to mention their reputable name... Could have been a hard day for the guy who replied to me..

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #25,468 of 39,414
"""We have no way of knowing what accessories are included in each package, so we cannot offer any guarantees on which accessories may be included with our B-stock items, including (but not limited to) cables, eartips"""

What do you guys think of this reply and would you still like to be their customer? Don't want to mention their reputable name... Could have been a hard day for the guy who replied to me..
Definitely unacceptable if you were paying for a new item/full price IMO. For B-stock, not as surprised although I would definitely want to know if no cable was included in a b-stock purchase. Missing eartips I can mostly understand.

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #25,469 of 39,414

I got a similar reply from Audeze last year about my B-Stock LCDi4 order. I asked if the Bluetooth Cipher cable was included with my order and they don’t have a way of knowing that.

However, they told me if my order didn’t have a Bluetooth Cipher cable in it, they are willing to ship one to me if I really needed it. It turns out, my order did come with both Cipher cables. Side note: the quality of the B-stock LCDi4 I got is just amazing. I seriously can’t tell this thing is B-stock besides little bits of excess glue on my IEMs, everything else was basically brand new, what a steal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back