flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 11, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #18,766 of 39,414
Woop woop that’s great
There’s been a small mistake in my order haha

The IEMs are the ones I ordered and for my ears but the name ain’t :D

lol
It’s just the case, uh though?

You mean you got the right IEM with the right prints?

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #18,768 of 39,414
lol
It’s just the case, uh though?

You mean you got the right IEM with the right prints?
It’s just the case yes! I’ll post photos of the IEMs in a bit :)

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #18,769 of 39,414
Could it be they mixed up your orders based off your old head-fi avatars?

That crossed my mind lol :D

I think it’s more a matter of I was just right after him in the order sequence

It’s just the case yes! I’ll post photos of the IEMs in a bit :)

Great! I remember when I got the wrong EM64 from Earsonics... that was not fun :p

Just exchanged a quick mail with Kien he is going to send your box your way :)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #18,770 of 39,414
That crossed my mind lol :D

I think it’s more a matter of I was just right after him in the order sequence

Great! I remember when I got the wrong EM64 from Earsonics... that was not fun :p

Just exchanged a quick mail with Kien he is going to send your box your way :)
All good I’ve spoken to him about it :) will just wait on another order of mine and get both cases

A653D9EF-6C05-43D5-A70E-E0C6CF131AC5.jpeg

Love the Fusion though!!

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #18,771 of 39,414
All good I’ve spoken to him about it :) will just wait on another order of mine and get both cases. Love the Fusion though!!

Superb build...

What else did you order, R3?

What is that PlusSound cable with Joker color to boot???

You’re teasing me... can’t wait!
Guess this baby needs burn in between dynamic and magneto static drivers...

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #18,772 of 39,414
What else did you order, R3?

What is that cable with Joker color to boot???

Superb build...
Nothing just yet, but given how good the build and fit on these is, my Katana will probably be getting the reshell treatment by them....

The Joker cable is from Plussound - they agreed to do a green/purple sleeving for my Poetic Series cable hehe :)

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #18,773 of 39,414
This is the completely wrong place to ask this, but hanging out with y'all has been tons of fun, so I gotta ask

Do any of you play League of Legends on EUW? Looking for some mates to climb with
I looked at League of Legends a few years ago. Got confused. Went back to Fallout. :D I always find MOBA's fascinating, but can't deal with the grind of having to wade through the troll infested swamp before you get a few friends that actually work together. Used to play the Battlefield games and there it was similar, so I ended up setting my own challenge of "bring a knife to a gun fight". :p
Woop woop that’s great

There’s been a small mistake in my order haha

The IEMs are the ones I ordered and for my ears but the name ain’t :D
A little annoying, but it's hilarious at the same time. Apparently this thread causes such a surge in orders that companies start confusing them. I think this warrants a closer look at buying in bulk. :D Awesome CIEMs, btw! Love the design.

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #18,774 of 39,414
I looked at League of Legends a few years ago. Got confused. Went back to Fallout. :D I always find MOBA's fascinating, but can't deal with the grind of having to wade through the troll infested swamp before you get a few friends that actually work together. Used to play the Battlefield games and there it was similar, so I ended up setting my own challenge of "bring a knife to a gun fight". :p

A little annoying, but it's hilarious at the same time. Apparently this thread causes such a surge in orders that companies start confusing them. I think this warrants a closer look at buying in bulk. :D
Haha definitely!

I don't mind at all, I find it to be really funny :D now David and I aren't just connected by ex avatars and musical preferences - it has become tangible :D

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #18,775 of 39,414
Here go the initial impressions of the ItsFit Fusion:

- First and foremost, this needs burn in - mainly the magneto driver (no way I'd be able to spell that right without looking it up) - the treble sounded a bit thin at first, which has disappeared since and been replaced with the sparkle I'm always looking for. The Silver+Gold plussound is helping with that too
- Amazing imaging - you can tell exactly where everything is, the reviews didn't lie. Thank you @Deezel177 for the recommendation!
- Extremely complete in the sense that most IEMs under 1000, or even around 1000 tend to have a clear downside. This doesn't - you get the full package, where every aspect is at least on a reasonable level.
- Really good build quality, and insanely comfortable. It is very light, so it just disappears in your ears completely, makes for extremely pleasant listening - would be perfect for long sessions.
- After the Noble Khan I've started paying a lot of attention to sockets - the Fusion has some of the best I've had the pleasure of using, at a similar level as those of 64audio.

On the brand itself - I think that ItsFit have understood very well how to build their brand name from the ground up. Absolutely amazing service, lightning fast response times and an overall perfect experience. Couldn't ask for any better. They've also chosen to start off with reasonably priced IEMs, instead of opting for the multi-K TOTLs, which I think is another great way of earning customer trust and reputation and ensuring you avoid early criticisms.

At 950$, the Fusion is an extremely tough competitor. At a discounted 650$ there's no real discussion - from those I've had a chance to listen to, nothing comes close.

IMG-9056.JPG

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #18,776 of 39,414
Oh and to add to that - ItsFit have definitely won me over as a client, and I will most likely be talking to them soon to send in my Katana and get that re-shelled

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #18,777 of 39,414
Here go the initial impressions of the ItsFit Fusion:

- First and foremost, this needs burn in - mainly the magneto driver (no way I'd be able to spell that right without looking it up) - the treble sounded a bit thin at first, which has disappeared since and been replaced with the sparkle I'm always looking for. The Silver+Gold plussound is helping with that too
- Amazing imaging - you can tell exactly where everything is, the reviews didn't lie. Thank you @Deezel177 for the recommendation!
- Extremely complete in the sense that most IEMs under 1000, or even around 1000 tend to have a clear downside. This doesn't - you get the full package, where every aspect is at least on a reasonable level.
- Really good build quality, and insanely comfortable. It is very light, so it just disappears in your ears completely, makes for extremely pleasant listening - would be perfect for long sessions.
- After the Noble Khan I've started paying a lot of attention to sockets - the Fusion has some of the best I've had the pleasure of using, at a similar level as those of 64audio.

On the brand itself - I think that ItsFit have understood very well how to build their brand name from the ground up. Absolutely amazing service, lightning fast response times and an overall perfect experience. Couldn't ask for any better. They've also chosen to start off with reasonably priced IEMs, instead of opting for the multi-K TOTLs, which I think is another great way of earning customer trust and reputation and ensuring you avoid early criticisms.

At 950$, the Fusion is an extremely tough competitor. At a discounted 650$ there's no real discussion - from those I've had a chance to listen to, nothing comes close.

Soundstage and imagining is very high level indeed. Enjoy :ok_hand:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #18,778 of 39,414
You might be right... I’ve heard people say that the U18t and the A18t actually have a different tuning - they might not even be matched to the same curve... certainly could be
I have an A12t and its different enough from the U12t for me to have never agreed fully with any of the impressions out online. Everyone seems to say the U12t is a neutral, super clear sounding iem with great wide open soundstage and imaging, but my experience with the A12t has been slightly dark sounding in the upper mids to treble with the biggest subbass I've ever heard from balance armatures. It's left me with the need for even more subbass that is coming from more and more exotic locations.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #18,779 of 39,414
I have an A12t and its different enough from the U12t for me to have never agreed fully with any of the impressions out online. Everyone seems to say the U12t is a neutral, super clear sounding iem with great wide open soundstage and imaging, but my experience with the A12t has been slightly dark sounding in the upper mids to treble with the biggest subbass I've ever heard from balance armatures. It's left me with the need for even more subbass that is coming from more and more exotic locations.
I only tried the U12t once and I also found it to be pretty flat with a really good midrange and somewhat thin treble. All the reviews of the A12t are exactly what you're saying, so yeah :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back