flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 21, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #18,361 of 39,414
I think slight warmth is okay, but in terms of subbass, I really want massive massive amounts of subbass, like dareisay, mainstream levels of subbass
You might want to look at the Acoustune HS1650 CU or UM Macbeth. :p

Oct 21, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #18,362 of 39,414
Acoustune 1650 is good for sub bass, I can definitely agree with that.

Oct 21, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #18,363 of 39,414
Acoustune 1650 is good for sub bass, I can definitely agree with that.
The Acoustune HS1650 Cu sub bass is just so good.

@pithyginger63 LX has more bass quantity than 1650 Cu but lacks the vivid top end 1650 Cu has so it depends on the overall sound signature you want. FIBAE 6 is another IEM I can recommend as it sits in the middle of LX & 1650 Cu for a more balanced sound.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #18,364 of 39,414
The Acoustune HS1650 Cu sub bass is just so good.

@pithyginger63 LX has more bass quantity than 1650 Cu but lacks the vivid top end 1650 Cu has so it depends on the overall sound signature you want. FIBAE 6 is another IEM I can recommend as it sits in the middle of LX & 1650 Cu for a more balanced sound.

This post is confusing.

If HS1650 Cu has more treble than LX, then it is brighter than LX.

FIBAE 6 has less treble than LX, and more mid-bass, making it a few degrees warmer than LX.

So FIBAE 6 cannot sit between LX and HS1650 Cu. LX sits between FIBAE 6 and HS1650 Cu.

PS. Since I have not heard HS1650 Cu myself, I'm basing this only on how you described the treble, and my intimacy with FIBAE ME and Legend X. :wink:

Oct 21, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #18,365 of 39,414
This post is confusing.

If HS1650 Cu has more treble than LX, then it is brighter than LX.

FIBAE 6 has less treble than LX, and more mid-bass, making it a few degrees warmer than LX.

So FIBAE 6 cannot sit between LX and HS1650 Cu. LX sits between FIBAE 6 and HS1650 Cu.

PS. Since I have not heard HS1650 Cu myself, I'm basing this only on how you described the treble, and my intimacy with FIBAE ME and Legend X. :wink:
HS1650 Cu is brighter than Legend X for sure. Legend X has most sub-bass out of the 3. HS1650 Cu has most vivid treble expression out of the 3. Hence, for me, F6 sits right in the middle. :)

Regarding the Legend X & FIBAE 6, you should know better as I am basing the sound of Legend X off memory. One thing is certain that Legend X has most sub-bass out of the 3. Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #18,367 of 39,414
So... I received DITA Oslo that I decided to purchase based on the excellent review by the ever so reliable @Deezel177, tip of the hat to you sir because you nailed it again this is exactly what I was expecting from your review!

:muscle:

Compared to my daily driver (the Dunu Hulk), it quite a bit warmer more lower mids, more mid bass and also a fantastic soundstage reaching holographic level, so much so that I jumped at the beginning of Roberto Fonseca “Kachucha”, eerie feeling when you have this out of your head experience... the FIBAE7 still get to another level... cables are not snake oil, really :p !

938065FD-93D4-4108-ACAB-1A4CD342A579.jpeg

I look forward to spending a lot of time with the Oslo :D
Now I see a lot of synergy potential with the EM64 as well... fun times!

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #18,368 of 39,414
Let's talk about VISION EARS! I have felt left out in our conversations here with everyone in the EU having heard these wonderful CIEMs - especially the gushing on the VE8. In the US we have had no way to audition these gems. So with a little begging and pleading, I was able to convince VISION EARs to allow me to host a US tour for the VE8 and the ELYSIUM and am listing to the tour kit right now. Now I understand why everyone is such a fan of the VE8 and am amazed by the new ELYSIUM - I am now a true believer, WOW. Anyone else in the US that wants to hear these CIEMs for themselves, follow the tour link in my signature and sign up.

For anyone that feels that the new breed of EST hybrid CIEMs are awesome but are missing the mids (v-shape) - the ELYSIUM is a must-listen.

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #18,369 of 39,414
Let's talk about VISION EARS! I have felt left out in our conversations here with everyone in the EU having heard these wonderful CIEMs - especially the gushing on the VE8. In the US we have had no way to audition these gems. So with a little begging and pleading, I was able to convince VISION EARs to allow me to host a US tour for the VE8 and the ELYSIUM and am listing to the tour kit right now. Now I understand why everyone is such a fan of the VE8 and am amazed by the new ELYSIUM - I am now a true believer, WOW. Anyone else in the US that wants to hear these CIEMs for themselves, follow the tour link in my signature and sign up.

For anyone that feels that the new breed of EST hybrid CIEMs are awesome but are missing the mids (v-shape) - the ELYSIUM is a must-listen.
Fully agreed the Elysium is a pure masterpiece

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #18,370 of 39,414
@Barra Fantastic initiative! Great to know VE is doing this!

I so look forward to the Elysium demo coming in a few days from now... and the Erlkonig as well...

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #18,371 of 39,414

Sweet stuff. I wish I was still in the US for this one.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #18,372 of 39,414
Oct 23, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #18,373 of 39,414
What are people thinking about the Sony IER-Z1R? There haven’t been many rumblings about it or the M9

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #18,374 of 39,414
What are people thinking about the Sony IER-Z1R? There haven’t been many rumblings about it or the M9
I love the M9.

In general, they are very natural/neutral sounding IEMs with great extension in both directions. The bit of extra bass and treble sparkle make them not sound boring or dry where other neutral IEMs might. That being said, they are still a little tame dynamically.

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #18,375 of 39,414
So... I received DITA Oslo that I decided to purchase based on the excellent review by the ever so reliable @Deezel177, tip of the hat to you sir because you nailed it again this is exactly what I was expecting from your review!

:muscle:

Compared to my daily driver (the Dunu Hulk), it quite a bit warmer more lower mids, more mid bass and also a fantastic soundstage reaching holographic level, so much so that I jumped at the beginning of Roberto Fonseca “Kachucha”, eerie feeling when you have this out of your head experience... the FIBAE7 still get to another level... cables are not snake oil, really :p !

I look forward to spending a lot of time with the Oslo :D
Now I see a lot of synergy potential with the EM64 as well... fun times!

Cheers, David! Really glad you're enjoying them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back