flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #17,282 of 39,419
since there is a new tech used in iems as the trinity brass, aaw canary, wraith and khan, I wonder if the value and price of these iems are for the amazing sound or just that they have a new tech when compared to iems as solaris, empire ears legend x

i just wonder which iem to buy to add to my kse1500, as I like to have an iem I can use with just a dap

I listen to all genres, and I like the sound signature to be big sound sound stage, controlled bass, full detailed great mids that are not thin and detailed highs but never harsh

I am thinking bout 64audio u18t, 64audio trio, or any of the new tech iems that have electrostat drivers in them
The U18t is honestly from a different world, I can’t not recommend it haha

I also quite like the new wave of estat highs, their sparkle is something else... but then again, I feel like it’s not something that’s completely impossible to achieve with a regular BA composition (Andromeda comes to mind which hands down beats most estats I’ve listened to)

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #17,283 of 39,419
26A5CE37-28C4-4A0C-A0F9-073F69625195.jpeg speaking of durability... local forum has been reporting “gasket rot” with Fourtes as well as a few alu body 64 audio universals ...

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #17,284 of 39,419
Jul 24, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #17,285 of 39,419
anyone know the avg response time of Massdrop when it comes to defective products? icymi on the EE thread, the MD Zeus arrived Monday AM and what i initially thought was a seal/tip issue turned out to be the bass on the right side is markedly attenuated. I know it’s a “cut rate” version at $1k, but i sort of expect more responsiveness i suppose... fingers crossed that there is a prompt resolution of sorts ... /rant off

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #17,286 of 39,419
anyone know the avg response time of Massdrop when it comes to defective products? icymi on the EE thread, the MD Zeus arrived Monday AM and what i initially thought was a seal/tip issue turned out to be the bass on the right side is markedly attenuated. I know it’s a “cut rate” version at $1k, but i sort of expect more responsiveness i suppose... fingers crossed that there is a prompt resolution of sorts ... /rant off
When did you contact them?
If it’s on Monday I’d either call them or send them an email - summer season is generally a bit slow when it comes to responses though :/

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #17,287 of 39,419
When did you contact them?
If it’s on Monday I’d either call them or send them an email - summer season is generally a bit slow when it comes to responses though :/

it was yesterday (tuesday noon-ish PST) i know, i know, but new toy + 1k + the eventuality of have to ship it back and wait combined made me more impatient than usual lolsigh, plus being spoiled by the responsiveness of local (hong kong) efficiency ...

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #17,288 of 39,419
it was yesterday (tuesday noon-ish PST) i know, i know, but new toy + 1k + the eventuality of have to ship it back and wait combined made me more impatient than usual lolsigh, plus being spoiled by the responsiveness of local (hong kong) efficiency ...

Oh fair enough haha, I'd give it some more time then, if they don't reply all of tomorrow then certainly contact them - the good news for you though is that driver failure (which is what your case sounds like), or well, defective drivers are usually if not always covered by the warranty so you shouldn't have any troubles

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #17,290 of 39,419
fyi

while i wont howl at the moon until the replacement pair turns out fine, i am thankful for the aftersales service so far!
Awesome happy to hear!

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #17,291 of 39,419
I was told that BA drivers are very durable and could take a beating. Not sure how true that is though. Durability of the soldier points would depend on the quality of the soldering work and the solder itself.

Actually, according to Tyll's article on IF, in a summary he mentioned "Please be careful with your BA IEMs as dropping them onto hard surfaces can permanently degrade performance." Btw, that was a very informative article about how BAs work. I miss Tyll, IF hasn't been the same ever since...

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #17,295 of 39,419
Tried Fibae 7 today. It's upper mid and treble forward for me, great for Jazz but not as exciting for rock and pop in my opinion. It does sound quite detailed and very spacious. I quite enjoy it and would consider getting a pair.
Well, what are you waiting for?! You know Piotr is up for doing your signature faceplate design. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back