Fleetwood DeVille
Feb 14, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #16 of 77
Another nice video about the speakers

There are not many out there so just sharing for those that might be into this.

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #17 of 77
I ordered the SQ version but in black. The standard version had the black scheme I liked but the SQ version needed paint upcharge to get the black scheme seen similar to the "standard black" of the base model devilles.

Feb 23, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 77
Any one else own these use any other amps?

Feb 24, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #19 of 77
Are you quite satisfied with the non SQ version?

In audio there is always a bit of fomo of not having the "best model" and I do feel companies take advantage of this.

I do not feel Fleetwood does this though to be fair. I feel Fleetwood tries their best to introduce people to their product offerings to a wider set of clients since OMA is quite expensive.

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #20 of 77
Are you quite satisfied with the non SQ version?

In audio there is always a bit of fomo of not having the "best model" and I do feel companies take advantage of this.

I do not feel Fleetwood does this though to be fair. I feel Fleetwood tries their best to introduce people to their product offerings to a wider set of clients since OMA is quite expensive.
I have a fomo of not getting an SQ version daily!

I am actually quite sure I will get a custom SQ version one day, when I have a better listening space.

Now these happily fill my living room with sound, even though I have almost no acoustic treatment done to it. :)

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #21 of 77
Any one else own these use any other amps?
I tried them with BH Kaiju + BH BeePre2, Riviera AIC10Bal, Airtight 10R, Technics Refrence amp

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #22 of 77
I tried them with BH Kaiju + BH BeePre2, Riviera AIC10Bal, Airtight 10R, Technics Refrence amp
Oh cool, how was the technics? Jon mentioned he liked that amp for it, and also mentioned for the cost of the amp, no one takes it serious so its quite the gem. I never tried it myself and plan to use AIC10 as I also plan to use it with headphones (abyss tc)

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #23 of 77
Oh cool, how was the technics? Jon mentioned he liked that amp for it, and also mentioned for the cost of the amp, no one takes it serious so its quite the gem. I never tried it myself and plan to use AIC10 as I also plan to use it with headphones (abyss tc)
Technics was my second favorite after my BH setup, much better than AIC10 imho. but i have not compared the side by side. I will soon do more comparisons with various different amps and I also keep thinking about buyingt the technics...

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #24 of 77
Technics was my second favorite after my BH setup, much better than AIC10 imho. but i have not compared the side by side. I will soon do more comparisons with various different amps and I also keep thinking about buyingt the technics...
Wow really, the technics was better than the AIC in your opinion?

Can you elaborate?

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #25 of 77
Wow really, the technics was better than the AIC in your opinion?

Can you elaborate?
Don't get me wrong AIC10Bal is one of my favorite piece of hifi gear and I will probably never sell it. Its a masterpiece, nothing sounds better with headphones.

but when it comes to DeVilles to me it sounds a bit thin compared to 300B amps. Some people say Riveirra is more accurate and natural.

I only tried Technics once but it did sound fuller, more like a big tube amp to me, and that impression stayed. If I a/b them today, maybe it would feel different.

Feb 26, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #26 of 77
Don't get me wrong AIC10Bal is one of my favorite piece of hifi gear and I will probably never sell it. Its a masterpiece, nothing sounds better with headphones.

but when it comes to DeVilles to me it sounds a bit thin compared to 300B amps. Some people say Riveirra is more accurate and natural.

I only tried Technics once but it did sound fuller, more like a big tube amp to me, and that impression stayed. If I a/b them today, maybe it would feel different.
If you ever do A/B them, can you please let me know your new impressions and try not to use old impressions to taint your A/B session?

I have an unopened AIC10 on hand and unsure if I should open, I do use speakers and headphones so it seems like a great fit for me, but I got a weird feeling I will be using headphones less and less as I got speakers in a decent space soon.

Feb 26, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #27 of 77
I did the the basic version as I was buying them blind and didn’t really know the difference. But now if I could I would get an SQ, I had a chance to listen to them in the OMA studio in Brooklyn after I bought them.
E1F832AC-8899-43A3-B66A-1C5E752AB8E5.jpeg

Its still the same speaker but its just a bit more solid sounding.

When it comes to their placement I was hesitant to place them in the corner for a while, but because they are down ported it works well!

I am no speaker expert, as I been mostly dealing with headphones but this did surprise me.

I visited the studio as well and felt it was beautiful, simple, and well treated. Lots of amazing items inside there.

Feb 26, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #28 of 77
I was wondering if anyone else have tried DeVille speakers in this forum?

I got a pair a month ago and I couldn’t be happier, but happiness is only true when shared, so I wanted to start this thread and see if there is anyone else here?

I am no speaker expert, I have tried TOTL B&Ws, Focals and some niche Italian brands, but these are the only speakers that sounded better than my Abyss 1266 TCs.

Anyways, here is my current living room setup with Bottlehead Kaiju 300B, BeePre2 300B and Topping D90 for easy connectivity to everyones iPhones and Apple TVs.
423CF8B5-4E60-4A65-8749-B20FCC81E7E7.jpeg

Review that made me get them:

Manufacturers website:
https://fleetwoodsound.com/product/deville-loudspeaker/

Also that cabinet of yours, is that a dedicated audio rack or it just happened to have mesh holes in there for breathing of electronics?

Feb 26, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #29 of 77
Also that cabinet of yours, is that a dedicated audio rack or it just happened to have mesh holes in there for breathing of electronics?
its an ikea FJALBO kit, its works great for tube amps!

I will let you know what other amps worked well!

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #30 of 77
Nice, mine are supposed to come next week but by stupid luck, I am traveling for work.

Will likely reach out to them to hold shipment until I am back.

So far though the play back design edelweiss dac has been amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back