FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #7,306 of 7,931
Oh wow that's some heavy fees.
Best to never use that forwarder.

g.png

Apr 7, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #7,307 of 7,931
Hey guys im planning to get the flc8c, celeste sounded pretty good but at the 2k usd price point(and a microphonic cable) imma have to pass. However seeing that an flc9 is coming, is it a good idea to wait or just dive straight for the customs? Also, if anyone has sound/build impressions on the customs (or issues) please do share!! Thanks :)

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #7,309 of 7,931
Hey guys im planning to get the flc8c, celeste sounded pretty good but at the 2k usd price point(and a microphonic cable) imma have to pass. However seeing that an flc9 is coming, is it a good idea to wait or just dive straight for the customs? Also, if anyone has sound/build impressions on the customs (or issues) please do share!! Thanks :)

Where did you listen to the Celeste and how do you know about their price?

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #7,316 of 7,931
So I tried messing around with the green filters, fitting knowles red and green dampers in them.
The red filter softened the highs. Too much for me, but the treble spikes are gone.
The green filters did the same but to a lesser extent.
Neither eliminated sibilance, but I'm kinda getting used to it at this point.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #7,317 of 7,931
So a few weeks ago @Flcforrestwei offered to send me filters to help with the sibilance issue.
They just came in today, they're the gold filters with an extra small hole below the side hole. The filter screen inside the nozzle is also (at least visually) different.
(I also asked him to send the gray filters)
Anyway, first impressions: The sibilance is gone, the highs are softer too.
Probably will try comparing it to the blue and gunmetal filters later.

IMG_20180427_095738.jpg

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #7,318 of 7,931
So a few weeks ago @Flcforrestwei offered to send me filters to help with the sibilance issue.
They just came in today, they're the gold filters with an extra small hole below the side hole. The filter screen inside the nozzle is also (at least visually) different.
Probably will try comparing it to the blue and gunmetal filters later.

@Flcforrestwei Are these available for purchase to the public? They sound perfect

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #7,319 of 7,931

Have you tried using the iem without any nozzle filter? This is not radically different than the gold filter alone.
I use them in this configuration (with red sub-bass, black or gray bass filters) and think they sound fantastic. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back