FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #7,231 of 7,931
Does anyone know how can i safely remove the rubber gasket that is fitted on ulf port?

I have received the spare gasket from forrest but I can't replace it. The previous one is glued to the body.

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #7,233 of 7,931
Does anyone know how can i safely remove the rubber gasket that is fitted on ulf port?

I have received the spare gasket from forrest but I can't replace it. The previous one is glued to the body.

The same thing just happened to my ULF port on the right side :frowning2:. Did you have a temporary fix?

EDIT: I managed to pull my damaged gasket out, it doesn't seem like it is glued. There is a lip that holds the gasket to the body

EDIT 2: Here's a temporary fix i did. Hopefully this will be useful to someone. I removed the gasket from the housing and re-seated it. Then i used the tip of the tweezers to press against the part of the gasket that's broken so that it preserves its shape when inserting the filter. This ensures the filter doesn't sit on the broken gasket, which is what causes it to come loose. I'm using the red filter so i used some tape to secure the filter (just in case)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #7,234 of 7,931
So what forrestwei? Any news about FLC8N? Or typical cheap talk - wait for announcement?
We've had to do some post cleaning in the thread because things were getting a bit too personal and off topic. We ask that you please keep posts within the posting guidelines. Thanks everyone for your assistance.

The same counts for the other site. All I asked was a professional photos of selling product, not the poorly maked renders. A propos renders - just on the beginnig there is a mistake - offcial FLC8S render has earhooks on the wire, but cable which you receive not. If you buy silver wire for another 99 USD you get them. Look at photo below, I can assure all of you, there aren't such earhooks on cupper cable.

TB1Kof4JpXXXXX0XFXXXXXXXXXX_0_item_pic__88629.1442402225.400.400.jpg

So, when I ask for a real photo, I'm rude and must "keep posts within the posting guidelines". When Forrest shows let's say not 100% truth, he's OK. There are different kinds of truth on this forum.

Edit: even people on Amazon seeing this problem in the same way:
"My complaint is with the cables provided which are not as pictured. The cables I received have no memory section as clearly shown in the product images. For me the memory wire is needed to keep them in place given the fit challenges the large bore presents (twice the size of W4R and SE846, similar to if not larger then TF10)."
https://www.amazon.com/FLC-Balanced...ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #7,235 of 7,931
FYI, cable for the KZ AS is the same as the ZS5, and the sound is much more refined than three ZS5; ALONG with some sparkle on the high end.

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #7,236 of 7,931
With regard to the cables, I think there was a production change somewhere along the line. So the cable with guidewires used to come with the units, now one without the guidewire is provided. For what it is worth, I think most users like the current version better but I would agree it would be best to update the photo in this case.

The new models will not utilize proprietary widths of connectors which should take the angst out of the cable selection down a bit. My understanding is that industry standard connectors will be used.

I am personally OK with the cables from FLC; regular and balanced. But many head fi people like to change out cables which I suppose makes sense. If you want to customize your listening experience but changing out filters you might also want to change out cables. I don't think I am sophisticated enough to hear the difference in most good cables (there is such a thing as too cheap a cable). For what its worth, I perceive the benefit of balanced as basically having more power oomph going into the units but would have a hard time making the argument for hearing a different sound stage, etc.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #7,237 of 7,931
If you were supposed to get tips with your purchase, notify the vendor (if I recall your purchased these from LMUE via Amazon). They very likely will ship you those tips.

LMUE has forgotten items that I have paid for; they ship those out promptly when notified.
Thanks man. I contracted them and am waiting to hear something back.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #7,242 of 7,931
The same thing just happened to my ULF port on the right side :frowning2:. Did you have a temporary fix?

EDIT: I managed to pull my damaged gasket out, it doesn't seem like it is glued. There is a lip that holds the gasket to the body

EDIT 2: Here's a temporary fix i did. Hopefully this will be useful to someone. I removed the gasket from the housing and re-seated it. Then i used the tip of the tweezers to press against the part of the gasket that's broken so that it preserves its shape when inserting the filter. This ensures the filter doesn't sit on the broken gasket, which is what causes it to come loose. I'm using the red filter so i used some tape to secure the filter (just in case)

I couldn't fully remove the broken gasket. Parts of the broken gasket is still sticking to the inner walls. Yesterday i managed to forcefully insert the new one and i even succeeded partly. But the problem now is that the filter doesn't sit properly. There is some resistance and fliter only partially fits. This makes my right earpeice a little bass shy. Stereo image suffers due to this.

I tried to remove the gasket again but while removing it broke and fell inside the cavity. Its really difficult to remove that imo.

Thinking of sending it back for repairs. Let's see what happens during the process.

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #7,244 of 7,931
Nice photos, tell Forrest to use them on LMUE or other sites. Still better than his (not 100% true) renders :)

Wylfsyn,

We already have had one intervention on this thread. I get it; some of his photos are not up to date or are renderings. But really, its time to move on. Find another brand. You don't care for how the company represents its products. Most of us are perfectly happy with the products and the brand based on ownership. As a prospective owner, you do not care for his image presentations and possibly waiting for some new products. Fine, many other brands out there.

This is getting monotonous and is verging on trolling at this point.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #7,245 of 7,931
I just wanted to update my situation for everyone. I want to give lendmeyourear props for their great communication and service. They responded the next day and have shipped me my missing spinfits already. Also, the upgrade silver cable (doesn't have memory wire either, and I love that), has become much more manageable after having it uncoiled for a little while. It also has stopped triggering my phones Google assistant and randomly skipping tracks. I have no idea why that happened but I'm thankful it is now working correctly.
I have fallen in love with gray (ulf) gray (lf) and gold (mf/hf). I love the punchy bass and perfect midrange and airy treble. This has absolutely nailed my sound preferences and I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. I know I'm super late to the party, but I'm thankful and grateful to finally have arrived, haha.
If you are on the fence about buying these..... just jump over and go and try them for yourself. You won't be sorry, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back