FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 19, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #7,114 of 7,931
Hi, guys.

I've been reading the thread thoroughly because i'm looking for a true upgrade from my Eph-100s, but i'm still deciding between the FLCs and the Ethymotic ER4XR.

Any advice would be really grateful.
Hello Paco,

I have made the switch from EPH-100 to FLC8s and found them to lean and not providing enough warmth, I could not get any bass from them (using red / black / gold configuration). the detailing, layering and soundstage of the FLC's was better than the eph-100.

Sadly I lost the FLC's at an airport before testing with spinfits tips. Now I'm back to the EPH's again and am waiting for the FLC8n or FLC9

I am slowly dialing back the bass (by eq) on the EPH's, and looking around for an upgrade IEM as my original Yamaha tips are broken and others do not work fine. Still, I am tempted to buy the flc8s again.

Regards,
Maarten

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-19_11-52-20.png
    upload_2018-2-19_11-52-20.png
    917.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #7,115 of 7,931
I don't know if it has been answered before. My flc8s come with not memory wired cable, but it seems (looking to some photos) that others have that memory wire section (at the beginning of the cable, where it goes under the ear, you know what i mean )
are they ship in two different versions or something?

Feb 19, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #7,117 of 7,931
I don't know if it has been answered before. My flc8s come with not memory wired cable, but it seems (looking to some photos) that others have that memory wire section (at the beginning of the cable, where it goes under the ear, you know what i mean )
are they ship in two different versions or something?

My understanding is the later-model units ship without the memory wire. Not sure when they made the change - 2016 maybe?

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #7,120 of 7,931
My base wire was fairly study but not memory wire. I have the Penon balanced cable, and it is nice.

I was thinking that maybe LZ would give these a run for their money with the A5. The FLC is such a controlled unit while I might describe the LZ A5 as almost emotional; sometimes the image gets a bit blurry but boy howdy that bass is nice when the fit it good.

The FLC is much more comfortable than the A5 by the way.

I am running these in gray/black ULF; grey MF; and gunmetal/gray for HE. I go back and forth with the ULF and sometimes go red for more low bass kick It is just that these IEMs run very sweet when tuned for a near reference sound signature.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #7,121 of 7,931
Has Mr. Wei made any changes to the iem themselves over the years? Mine are still as great as the day I got them, minus some aesthetic imperfections. I'm kind of looking for an excuse to buy another pair if you get my drift . Also, is the most current version of the upgrade cable less springy than the stock one from 2015?

Feb 20, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #7,122 of 7,931
Has Mr. Wei made any changes to the iem themselves over the years? Mine are still as great as the day I got them, minus some aesthetic imperfections. I'm kind of looking for an excuse to buy another pair if you get my drift . Also, is the most current version of the upgrade cable less springy than the stock one from 2015?

The upgrade cables are still springy but less micophonic IMHO but have no memory wire. I received mine (balanced) yesterday.
As far as I understood the 8s is still the same but flc will add some newer variations of the 8s namely 8d and 8n which should be available after chinese new year. In addition, there will be a new model flc9 araound June/July this year. If you like to spend 2k USD flc has an option for this, Celeste. For more information please have a look at http://www.flctechnology.com

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #7,123 of 7,931
The upgrade cables are still springy but less micophonic IMHO but have no memory wire. I received mine (balanced) yesterday.
As far as I understood the 8s is still the same but flc will add some newer variations of the 8s namely 8d and 8n which should be available after chinese new year. In addition, there will be a new model flc9 araound June/July this year. If you like to spend 2k USD flc has an option for this, Celeste. For more information please have a look at http://www.flctechnology.com
Thanks, been out of the loop on head fi the past year. It may be too early to say, but at what level of bass is the 8d fixed at compared to the 8n (less, medium, most)? I run black, red, and green on the 8s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back