FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #6,888 of 7,931
We think, the cable we used are the best, FLC8s uses 7N copper single crystal, the time we spent on the Celeste cable is about 5 times more than the time we spent on earphone itself.
I worked in cable factory before, I'm a cable expert too, all cables we use are custom cable, we designed them, we bought the conductor and consign them to cable factory to manufacture.

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #6,889 of 7,931
Price of FLC8s already lowered to 299USD.

So anyone on the fence waiting but feel they need IEMs asap should not hesitate at this awesome price. FLC8S were already an incredibly good buy at their normal price point.

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #6,890 of 7,931
I worked in cable factory before, I'm a cable expert too, all cables we use are custom cable, we designed them, we bought the conductor and consign them to cable factory to manufacture.
There are many reasons for wanting to swap out cables. Trapping your buyers into using FLC-manufactured cables is a move that could backfire. No disrespect to you or your cables. I know you're a competent designer - the FLC8S has been my 2nd favorite IEM (after the KSE1500), but if Celeste requires an impedance switch in its cable, I'm out.

That switch should have been installed in the earbud. IMHO. I sincerely wish FLC all the best, but I won't be buying a Celeste.

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #6,891 of 7,931
There are many reasons for wanting to swap out cables. Trapping your buyers into using FLC-manufactured cables is a move that could backfire. No disrespect to you or your cables. I know you're a competent designer - the FLC8S has been my 2nd favorite IEM (after the KSE1500), but if Celeste requires an impedance switch in its cable, I'm out.

That switch should have been installed in the earbud. IMHO. I sincerely wish FLC all the best, but I won't be buying a Celeste.

First of all, Thank for choosing our product and like it.

Second, we never trap our buyers into using FLC-manufactured cables, we used TF10 connector just because we have the source and it's reliable, it's made of gold plated stainless steel, not easy to break, as far as I know, most of the other cables are using bronze pins.

I'm an engineer, when I develop a product, the first of thing come to my mind is reliable, in stead of marketing.

For example, the FLC8s stock cable, we used a Strain Release at the tail of the stereo plug . When we bought the conductor for the cable, we paid much more money to buy a custom one, it's smaller than the normal one, and it's more reliable, we did a lot of job to get a reliable product, we never propaganda it, but we also don't want to be misunderstood.

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #6,892 of 7,931

We want to stall the functions to the earbud, but there is not room for them, the system included 6 capacitors and two slide switches.

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #6,893 of 7,931
Another example to show how we develop a product, see the picture below, we designed a machine to make the FLC8s cable, just avoid a solder joint in the middle of the cable.
The conductor is single crystal copper, to make it "single", we did not cut it in the middle and then joint together, so we spent a lot of time to design and make a machine.
Cable 4.jpg

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #6,895 of 7,931
I completely understand. Even if I don't buy one, I'm sure you'll still sell plenty of Celestes :)

Thanks! Price of Celeste will be 1999USD, to be honest, we really don't expect to sell a lot of Celestes, it's only a flag to show our ability, we are able to integrate Acoustics and mechanics together, even though it took us three years.

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #6,898 of 7,931
Yet another of my ULF filters was lost (well I think of it as going on vacation).

Has anybody tried to attach these filters using some tape or whatever to stop them from flying away? Does that work; and does it hurt the sound quality?

I lost a red filter, and only had black filters with me while on vacation as backups. So now I am using one red and one black. Not horrible, just a bit off.

Thanks for any input.

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #6,899 of 7,931
Yet another of my ULF filters was lost (well I think of it as going on vacation).

Has anybody tried to attach these filters using some tape or whatever to stop them from flying away? Does that work; and does it hurt the sound quality?

I lost a red filter, and only had black filters with me while on vacation as backups. So now I am using one red and one black. Not horrible, just a bit off.

Thanks for any input.
If you Don ' t use the clear one , use glue to block the little hole in the middle, it will become the red one.

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #6,900 of 7,931
Does anyone know how I could audition the FLC8S?

I'm pretty interested in them, but at this price range, I just don't know what to expect. I'm rather apprehensive of dropping so much on IEMs once again and being disappointed (My last purchase was the Ety ER4XR and was rather let down by my own expectations).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back