1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread

First

Back
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468
Next

Last
  1. Radec
    Sorry for the dumb question, but are the FLC 8s still the best buy for their price range? I know a lot of good IEMs have come out around this price in 2017.

2. csglinux
    I haven't yet heard a better non-electrostatic IEM at any price. I love my $1000 Xelentos and SE846, but still prefer the FLC8S. You might want to hang tight for a month though, because FLC has the Celeste, FLC9, FLC8d, FLC8n, and goodness knows what else all imminently about to launch.

leobigfield and Radec like this.
  3. dc655321
    To answer my own question, this effect can be had by simply not using any filter in the nozzle.
    Folks that like the gold nozzle sound, but wishing for a bit more extension up top may like this mod.
    Using it with red and black bass filters and I think it sounds glorious. YMMV.

4. Thearcade12
    This is exactly my idea. I am planning to use comply tx400 foam tips with no nozzles. Tx400 has waxguard so that will act as filter in this regard.

I tried no nozzle with spinfits but there is too much grainyness in treble and sounds unrefined.

5. dc655321
    Do you (did you?) listen at high volumes?
    Just curious, as I don't detect those problems at lower, long-term-listening volumes.
    But, at omfg-i-love-this-song-let's-crank-it volumes, yes, I would agree there is some disjointedness in the treble with this configuration.
    I wouldn't listen at that volume for very long though...

6. Thearcade12
    I usually listen at low to average volume levels. I figured that treble was hollow and peaky like it is coming from an empty vessel. This was during brief listen for like 20-30 seconds.

7. JerryLeeds
    Itchy to buy something new ...

Curious about those new FIIO hybrids ...

Probably better just to hold out for new FLC models

8. wylfsyn
    Probably. I'll wait for FLC9 or Celeste. Tried many IEMs, inlcuding handmade versions, and allways returned to FLC.

9. Thearcade12
    Can you list those iems that you have tried so far..

10. Ziggomatic
    There are others out there that are worthy contenders, in my opinion, depending on what you like. I'm thinking of the Audio Technica ATH-IM03 & -e70, Ortofon e-q8, and Earsonics SM64. Of course, none of those are tuneable.

Edit: not a dumb question :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  11. wylfsyn
    LZ A4, Sennheiser IE8, CustomArt (universal) Ei.3 - FIBAE 2&3, Havi B3 Pro-I, Ostry KC06A, RHA CL-1, Westone ADV Aplha - W30 - W40.

Thearcade12 likes this.
  12. parajba
    Here's my 2 cents (warning: I love good stuff but I don't consider myself an audiophile, just a keen amateur).

Have had/have: SE420, AKG-702, B&W P7 wireless/wired.

Wow. Just wow. I have been using the FLC 8S for 4 days now in the stock config. The only 'mod' I did was to use some SpinFit tips.

Where do I even start? Great soundstage, excellent detail, deep tight bass (never even appreciated how many types of bass exist as with the other headphones they all sound the same), amazing treble (it almost knocks me off the chair!), incredible dynamics (the music goes up A LOT when it needs to be, 'quiet/normal level' otherwise)...in just a few words the music that comes out of these things feels 'alive'. Difficult to describe really, but it's like when you listen to live music and you feel like 'part of the show'.

Also, comfort is top-notch, I was a bit worried as I considered the Shure olives to be the best in terms of fit and comfort, but the FLC 8S (either with their stock silicon tips or with the SpinFit) are even more comfortable. Must be due to the shape of the actual headphone and relatively small footprint.

Even the packaging is premium with a very fancy design. Really like it.

Paid £287 including taxes via Amazon Global.

Absolutely love it.

Thanks for the recommendations and a Merry Christmas to All.

(Source: iPhone 6 / Spotify 320).

leobigfield likes this.
  13. Flcforrestwei
    Friends, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

leobigfield, TSFHfan, endia and 3 others like this.
  14. BB 808
    Merry Christmas Forrest

kirthik likes this.
  15. Flcforrestwei
    Welcome on board!

First

Back
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468
Next

Last