FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #6,276 of 7,931

I must say that I thought the Pinnacle P1 was really great with the exception that I could not get sufficient bass for my taste.  I suspect it was a fit issue; I had a similar issue with the IT03.

I have no issues getting a good fit with the FLC8S.  Spiral dots for me.

I have yet to hear anything that I like better than the FLC8S at the sub $1000 price point; but then again I have not heard the units Brooko was referring to. 

Then again, my taste runs somewhere between "reference" and "fun" whereas I perceive Brooko preferring a more classic "reference" sound signature.  I tried his preferred FLC8S tuning (minus various filters) and it had too much treble for my taste.

(sorry, late answer)

Then try to listen to Custom Art Ei.XX (Piotr makes universal ones too), this is really another league. Not the same price either, but as you wrote sub $1000...
http://www.head-fi.org/products/customart-ei-xx-6-driver-ciem-massdrop-edition
You have to appreciate impactful basses, but still clarity and resolution. They are pure joy IMHO.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #6,277 of 7,931
Besides LMUE 10% off sales, how often do these hit $280 or $290 like the Shenzhen audio sale? What has been the lowest sale price?

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #6,280 of 7,931
Just bought some used off of Amazon (hopefully in like new condition like it said). Any suggestions for good tips for these iems? I'm so psyched!!

Start with the stock tips. You can also play with wide bore single and double flange tips. You'll find something that suits you!

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #6,284 of 7,931
Does anyone know how I can contact Forrest? I may need to
Buy some replacement tuning plugs. Any idea how much that's going to cost me?

last saw them @ lmue around $10 sonething but seems they are out of stock now.......send them an email?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back