FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #5,746 of 7,931
  How!? Using my fingers were easier than those tweezers. Definitely do tell about the LZ A4. I was deciding to choose either that or flc.

I would be interested in the LZ A4 comparison.   That and the ibasso it03 seem to be the among the hotter items in this price range.  I suspect we are going to find that all of these are pretty good choices.

Other than the FLC8S my other well loved IEMs are the LZ-A2 (now discontinued).  

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #5,747 of 7,931
  I have heard FLC8S are very easy to drive so does it make sense to use something like Dragonfly Red or Chord Mojo to drive them? I am really debating should I spend or not money for Shanling M5 DAP which is on sale on Massdrop right now.

Haven't tried any other daps or high-end mobile phones, but I have been using mojo for months now and it's a really good match for the flc8s. Better if you're the one to seek neutrality by using either clear/clear/grey or grey/clear/grey. The mojo really brings out that slight warmth in the mid-bass & sub-bass region while still retaining beautiful mids and treble. FLC8s lacks a bit of upper-treble by nature, so it might sound laid back. That's not mojo's fault though. Mids are beautifully balanced with the bass though, slightly forward, very slightly.

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #5,749 of 7,931
WIt seemed a little expensive for what they look like, but given what they do it seemed reasonable. But I will definately treat them more gently

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #5,751 of 7,931
Thank God FLC included this tool. I was not able to change the filters with my fingers for 20 minutes but did it in 2 secs with the provided tool. The sound is great. Will see how it fares against LZ A4 I just ordered.

You're probably the first person to like the tweezers over the finger method haha

I was just going to say the same thing, lol :p

I have heard FLC8S are very easy to drive so does it make sense to use something like Dragonfly Red or Chord Mojo to drive them? I am really debating should I spend or not money for Shanling M5 DAP which is on sale on Massdrop right now.

They are indeed very easy to drive. Even a lowly smartphone can do the job. I also don't have any real problem with the stock cable. It's a bit stiff but easily managed. The original FLC8 cable is an inexpensive great alternative for those that don't like the cable.

I've used the Shanling M5 and Mojo with FLC8S. Both sound great. Phones sound OK but don't really do these (or other mid to upper tier) IEM justice IMHO.

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #5,752 of 7,931

I would be interested in the LZ A4 comparison.   That and the ibasso it03 seem to be the among the hotter items in this price range.  I suspect we are going to find that all of these are pretty good choices.

Other than the FLC8S my other well loved IEMs are the LZ-A2 (now discontinued).  

Exactly the comparos I need. I'm currently deciding between LZA4, IT03 or re-buying FLC8S (don't ask lol). A mid-tier daily driver that I can bring around.

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #5,753 of 7,931
  No I don't think so.  These are very, very easy to drive.  And while they are quite detailed, they don't tend to harshness.  You'll be fine.

Hi. Thanks for responding. Can I ask; in one of your past posts you say

I've never had any hiss with my FLC8S, but I do have an issue using them with my phone as even the first volume stop is too loud, and I have to lower the pre-amp setting in Power Amp to solve the problem.

post #5319

This will be the case for most phones as they are very low impedance right?

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #5,754 of 7,931
OK I am now fiddling with Grey - Grey - Gunmetal.   I had been Red - Grey - Gold.

I played around with quite a few configurations tonight.  Which is when one of the inserts went on vacation in the kitchen even though I was working over a cooking tray with some raised edges.   Tried to put some of the tuning filters back into the blue case and it just went flyyyying awaaaay!  I did try black for the LF but it seemed a bit muddy to me. Clear was a bit too weak at the same time.

The sound is pretty darn impressive.

Miles Davis - So What
King Crimson -- Easy Money
Kurt Vile - Pretty Pimping
Los Lobos - Kiko

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #5,755 of 7,931
Has anyone bought an aftermarket cable from SGAudioHive?

From a cursory look, besides the LMUE Silver Cable (and the FLC8 / FLC8s default cables) they seem to be the only ones explicitly fitting 0.74mm pins:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_6VhFVCIPb/
https://sgaudiohive.com/collections/cables

The microphonics especially when walking outside when it's windy are really starting to bug me. I noticed it does help tucking the cable curb behind my glasses.

The cinch helps to cut it down but I increasingly feel like I'm wearing a corset.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #5,756 of 7,931
Exactly the comparos I need. I'm currently deciding between LZA4, IT03 or re-buying FLC8S (don't ask lol). A mid-tier daily driver that I can bring around.
same ezekiel. I am considering rebuying flc8s. Cheers.

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #5,758 of 7,931
Ah, nice to see people come back into the fold
wink.gif

I done wrong, FLC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back