FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #5,536 of 7,931
So, i'm wondering what tips fit the flc 8s' weird large nozzels. My shure olives seem to have too small of a bore to fit, and I don't want to force them on. So i'm w wondering what foam tips fit the flc8s.

I've heard that the comply t500 does, but what about the lmue crystal tips? And on amazon, the spinfits seem to have large and small bore tips.

I also recommend spinfits.

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #5,537 of 7,931
So, i'm wondering what tips fit the flc 8s' weird large nozzels. My shure olives seem to have too small of a bore to fit, and I don't want to force them on. So i'm w wondering what foam tips fit the flc8s.

I've heard that the comply t500 does, but what about the lmue crystal tips? And on amazon, the spinfits seem to have large and small bore tips.

JVC Spiral Dots is my choice.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #5,539 of 7,931
Although I prefer foam tips I find the MEE Audio double-flanged silicon tips the best fit in comfort & seal for the FLC8S. I also like the Spiral Dots and keep those for back up purposes.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #5,540 of 7,931
Aight can finally post after year or so waiting and saying that will get FLC8s :) old sonys broke and bought these from BF sale on LMUE, super fast service and delivery :)
Read almost all reviews and whole thread so many times at nights and mornings, been trying tons of adjustments, thanks to @Brooko review on these, I dabbled leaving some LF and MF/HF filters out and after dozens of testings for the sound I think I like, the winner is from ULF to HF
GREY-NONE-GREEN. Since Im so new to these sound sigs etc, had to try it out bcoz woudnt know terms or describe which I preferred :)
Inb4 sleepless night listening flcs

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #5,541 of 7,931
I picked up the Fiio ue2 cable. It's nicely made reasonbly priced supple, but really dosen't fit. The pins are spaced fine but the diameter of the pin would only allow insertion a few mm before resistance was to great to be comfortable forcing it.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #5,542 of 7,931
Yes, that cable doesn't work well in this application, it can cause damage. The original FLC8 cable is a great option with no pin fitment issues. I kind of don't understand the tendency to go to third party cables when a simple solution to cable ergonomics is easily available from the manufacturer. I don't mind the FLC8S stock cable as much as others, but the original FLC8 cable sounds good and is very user friendly.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #5,543 of 7,931
All great points, I'll start with the stock cable ( came without ear guides) is not comfortable for me. Second was I purchased my FLC8 on Amazon through Music Teck ( the us vendor) and not for me my prefered vendor Lume. He had none of the other stock cables available including the silver upgrade. But Lume did at an additional $100.00 after three day thought it would be a simple and reasonable solution to go to a Fiio cable ( good luck, good performance in past) . Then contacted Lume ( yes should have started here FLC8 included ) cable is avialible as are spare filter plugs. And that's it in a nut shell.

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #5,544 of 7,931
Yes, that cable doesn't work well in this application, it can cause damage. The original FLC8 cable is a great option with no pin fitment issues. I kind of don't understand the tendency to go to third party cables when a simple solution to cable ergonomics is easily available from the manufacturer. I don't mind the FLC8S stock cable as much as others, but the original FLC8 cable sounds good and is very user friendly.

I just don't like the ㄱshaped part at the pins.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #5,546 of 7,931
Shout out to Forrest, I sent an email asked questions about the FLC8S and Forrest sent a sample instead. He even paid for the postal! I am a fan before even trying out the sample.

Super nice!

I met Forrest at RMAF. He's a very kind, generous, soft-spoken person. It was an honor to meet him!

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #5,547 of 7,931
Yeah for me Meelec double flange fits best but I am finding that the tips easily get broken due to the filters on the FLC8s so one of my tips now keeps coming off after I take it out of my ear.
Bought some crystal tips also but with these i dont get a good fit in my left year.

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #5,548 of 7,931
Shout out to Forrest, I sent an email asked questions about the FLC8S and Forrest sent a sample instead. He even paid for the postal! I am a fan before even trying out the sample.

Shenzhen is the city next to our city, Dongguan, it's very convenient to send something there.
etysmile.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #5,549 of 7,931
These arrived after being ordered on Black Friday   Using them as is without any customized filters.  Sounds pretty darn good already.

The instructions are in Chinese.

Guess I need to go back to some early reviews that gave all the skinny on how to set these up.

I have forgotten what the more popular set up configurations are.  More to follow.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #5,550 of 7,931
  These arrived after being ordered on Black Friday   Using them as is without any customized filters.  Sounds pretty darn good already.

The instructions are in Chinese.

Guess I need to go back to some early reviews that gave all the skinny on how to set these up.

I have forgotten what the more popular set up configurations are.  More to follow.

Red grey gold!

Or check out Hifichris' review. He has the skinny on seven configs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back