FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #5,147 of 7,931
^
^^
I purchased mine thru a reputable seller on eBay. Picked the lowest price and had them delivered to Canada from Hong Kong by DHL within 3 days of ordering. D/T was about $20 CDN which was reasonable, imo. I had also ordered the Crystal Silver cable and extra filter set from LMUE. Again, all shipped via DHL and arrived just as quick and D/T was around $10 if I recall.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #5,149 of 7,931
question 
...does anyone else there still fiddle with tips, months on end.
like you diss one pair a few months ago only to find 'hmmm not bad..'
upon a refitting? 
have been going back and forth between the largest pairs of tips
that came with the flc...then back to the spintips...

then more recently back to the jvc spiral dots
which are actually finally working for me.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #5,151 of 7,931
Oh really? I live in hong kong! Lucky me then.
Btw, does anyone know when the flc 8s will be on sale? Maybe on 11/11/16?

LMUE gives a 5% discount if you enter a code... you gotta read the FAQ it's there.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #5,153 of 7,931
Damn arete cable broke so easy. I don't know when and how it happened @.@.

IMG_0138.jpg

Any recommendations for cable except null audio ? i prefer the seller in the us.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #5,155 of 7,931
Yea then either the default cable or one from SG Audio Hive. From a glance, he has a number of options under $100.
Hi all, I got into the FLC8 long before they were ever even spoke of here! Since i make all mh own cables , i couldnt leave the stock cable alone. The first thing I learned is that its a 4 conductor cable which means you can very easily make the stock cable balanced merely by removing the 3.5 trs and soldering a new 2.5 trrs on to it! I did this very thing a long time ago and have never regreted it! This is something I can help with for those not so comfortable in do it themselves!

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #5,157 of 7,931
  I'm really digging my FLC8S right now. What full-sized headphone, in your opinion, has comparable sound quality?

Let's see if we're on the same page. In FLC8S red-grey-gold config (more subbass, forward mids), the keywords are fun bass, thickish notes, good vocals, natural tonality, slightly relaxed treble, excellent imaging, but not too big a stage.

At the $400 mark there's the Fostex/Massdrop TH-X00 Mahogany. Very fun cans, and Mahogany has the least QC issues.

At flagship tier, there's the Audeze LCD-X. It's the warm/rich/smooth Audeze house sound, with more air and treble up top. One of my favorite cans.

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #5,158 of 7,931
I'd say the TH-X00 is better (but not fully, both are still quite different) comparable to the red-black-gold/gunmetal/green (something in-between in the treble), as it (the TH-X00) has got considerably more midbass, upper bass and lower root than the FLC8s with the grey LF filter. But its's still probably the closest as there are not that many full-sized headphones that mainly focus on the real sub-bass.

I'd say the LCD-X is more comparable to the FLC8s with a grey-black/grey-gunmetal/blue filter combination as its bass extends linearly into the sub-bass and hasn't got a lift there like the red-grey-gold filter combination does there.

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #5,159 of 7,931
A bit late but finally joined the club today. This thing sounds really good across all frequency! For my personally taste, I still prefer fi-ba-ss over this. The technical aspect of this iem is close to perfect but the presentation of the vocal is not on(or "different") FAD or 846's level. I am well aware that those are almost 3 times the price of the flc and you can basically get a jh13 or togo at that price. But I do think flc8s is on the top along with them in terms of overall strength. I will keep mine for sure.

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #5,160 of 7,931
I've been following this thread since last winter and was just about to finally pull the trigger on the FLC8s and then had second thoughts.  Now I am torn between these and the SE846, or the FLC8 custom, wait for Celeste (maybe too impatient) or taking a gamble on the Trinity Phantom Master 6 kickstarter.  I've spent quite a bit of time with a friends 846 and LOVE them... but I don't NEED that much bass (though the texture on those is superb) but it is nice, though I tend to like a bit more sparkle too.   So torn... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back