FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #3,662 of 7,931
  I can say that with dual flange tips, it isolates 50%+ of the outside noise. Playing music isolates the rest, I can't hear anything and I'm done repeating this.

where did you find dual flange tips for flc ? i didn't

May 12, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #3,664 of 7,931
  I can say that with dual flange tips, it isolates 50%+ of the outside noise. Playing music isolates the rest, I can't hear anything and I'm done repeating this.

where did you find dual flange tips for flc ? i didn't

+1 as to "where?"

May 12, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #3,665 of 7,931
Anyone know where to get extra stock tips, it seems this question has been left unanswered for a long time. Any other tips that are better than stock,maybe the crystal tips?

I have the Crystal tips from LMUE. They are okay but one side does not like to remain inside the ear canal. I went back to stock for the time being. I ordered up some Comply T-400 tips as well as waiting for some Spiral Dots to arrive to try out.

May 12, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #3,666 of 7,931
The tracking stopped on the DHL site. I tried it on the USPS site and it says it's at my local post office. Unless something weird happens, I should have mine tomorrow morning!
tongue_smile.gif

May 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #3,667 of 7,931
Just got these in, and it's taking time for me to adjust from my usual basshead iem use. I've tried all the recommended combinations, and find the treble is pretty sharp and sibilant... that is, at medium-high to high volumes. At low to medium volumes, it sounds pretty good, with the mids very forward. 

I'm sure the main probelm is because I keep trying to go from medium-high to high volumes to see how much bass I can get, but first, it's too sharp and sibilant up there, as well as the bass is too loose and muddy. Anyways, I know these aren't supposed to be basshead, but just wanted to give it a shot. The bass does hit pretty clean and hard at low to medium volumes though. Overall, I think the loudest I can go with these is medium volume, compared to other iems I own which I can crank up quite a bit more and still sound pleasant. 

I've been playing with earbud foam and stuffing it into the green nozzle, but haven't got to taming the treble enough to not hamper with the mids. Also tried to stuff the foam (from output hole side) into the gold filter, which slightly helped with the treble, but also slightly affected the mids. Might have to play with it more. Also, I could always EQ the treble down, which works, but I don't really like messing with the EQ. 

I just need more time with these, and listen to more various tracks.

May 12, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #3,669 of 7,931
They're not the most comfortable tips, in fact takes some time to adapt, but in terms of isolation and SQ, I haven't found any better, producing a more open, spacious sound, than any other tip I've tried. Maybe some of you would prefer the more comfortable single flanges with wide bore from MEE too. You can buy both from their ebay store and try them out for yourselves.

May 12, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #3,671 of 7,931
Just got these in, and it's taking time for me to adjust from my usual basshead iem use. I've tried all the recommended combinations, and find the treble is pretty sharp and sibilant... that is, at medium-high to high volumes. At low to medium volumes, it sounds pretty good, with the mids very forward. 

I'm sure the main probelm is because I keep trying to go from medium-high to high volumes to see how much bass I can get, but first, it's too sharp and sibilant up there, as well as the bass is too loose and muddy. Anyways, I know these aren't supposed to be basshead, but just wanted to give it a shot. The bass does hit pretty clean and hard at low to medium volumes though. Overall, I think the loudest I can go with these is medium volume, compared to other iems I own which I can crank up quite a bit more and still sound pleasant. 

I've been playing with earbud foam and stuffing it into the green nozzle, but haven't got to taming the treble enough to not hamper with the mids. Also tried to stuff the foam (from output hole side) into the gold filter, which slightly helped with the treble, but also slightly affected the mids. Might have to play with it more. Also, I could always EQ the treble down, which works, but I don't really like messing with the EQ. 

I just need more time with these, and listen to more various tracks.

The gold nozzle has less sibilance, if it's still too much to you, you need to burn in the earphone to make the treble softer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back