FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #1,833 of 7,931
Does "Burn In" Really Make A Difference? 
"Burn in" or "break in" is the process of playing something through the earphones for hours or days for the drivers to achieve its maximum performance level. Does it really make a difference? I'm not here to answer that as there has been wide debate on this subject. It could be true, or it could be your brain adjusting to the sound signature; sound is subjective and you can choose to believe in this process or not. For people who perform this burn-in process, it is generally believed that dynamic drivers are usually the ones that benefit the most whereas balanced armature drivers don't improve nearly as much.

http://www.inearmania.com/p/more-earphone-information.html

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #1,834 of 7,931
personally i believe in burn in for dynamic drivers but its still a myth
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #1,835 of 7,931
NOW, some will stopby and say burn-in will have nothing to do with sound improvement/change and the debate gets heated-up between who believes that and who dont,finally to see a padlock on top of ther very first page......pls google to visit lot of forums about the same subject. Just my $0.2c,to keep the thread healthy/active/live!

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #1,836 of 7,931
NOW, some will stopby and say burn-in will have nothing to do with sound improvement/change and the debate gets heated-up between who believes that and who dont,finally to see a padlock on top of ther very first page......pls google to visit lot of forums about the same subject. Just my $0.2c,to keep the thread healthy/active/live!

yeap go google btw go get yourself a flc8s hehe

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #1,837 of 7,931
Feb 10, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #1,841 of 7,931
How long time do I have to make a burn in and whether it must be constant?

And i need to do it on full volume?

just google

What is the best way of burning-in my earphones?
There are many methods of burning-in your earphones. The most widely used method is to play an array of different music genres. This will help you do a test run for an entire audio spectrum. All the different music has to be played at medium volume levels, to avoid any damage to speakers during initial stages of burning in.
The best way to ensure you have stressed the entire audio spectrum is to play frequency sweeps, radio, white & pink noise, sound channel mixes, heavy drums, and more at a medium volume level.

http://www.tekfusiontechnologies.com/burn-in/

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,842 of 7,931
  I'm having a Vacuum tube here. Feels like the mids is lifted. Sound pretty sweet vocal track though. 
rolleyes.gif

Anyone here with the X3 Xduoo mind to share some opinion on pairing with the flc?

Tried it before with the flc8s. Didnt work out for me. Soundstage is more narrowed imo idk why,Separation & mids improve a tad bit

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #1,843 of 7,931

I believe most of us would't want to get this thread discussing about burn in, as it might end up having a debate about it 
tongue.gif
But I will let you know what did when i burn in.
Usually I burn in a notch louder than my normal listening level for 8 hour and rest, then burn again. 
repeat.

Tried it before with the flc8s. Didnt work out for me. Soundstage is more narrowed imo idk why,Separation & mids improve a tad bit

Hmmm, guess i will stick with my DX90 stack for now.. 
frown.gif

Wait for the LP L3 is what all I can do now. 

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,844 of 7,931

I believe in it, but I don't think there's that much to it - just normal volume with a pink noise file on repeat is pretty easy. I just think its speeding up a process that happens with normal listening anyway, and results will vary depending on IEM.

In this case I did not burn in my FLC8, just initially I used the black filter and somewhere between 10 and 20 hours of normal listening I noticed the bass had increased but also become just a little looser than I like. That led me to try grey bass + gold mids so I'm not complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back