FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #1,801 of 7,931
The stock tips r so good im using it for my other iems LOL

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,802 of 7,931

According to a post from a few pages ago, there is gonna be a sale very soon. Been refreshing LMUE hourly. I just can't wait to place my order eventually. Though I suspect that it isn't gonna happen until the the 10th, the end of the Chinese New Year holidays, as they'll first have to send out the units ordered over the holidays. In the past the sales were always on some sort of special day (Thanksgiving, Black Friday).

@Flcforrestwei a hint would be highly appreciated. Is it likely that there is going to be a Valentine's Day sale?

I guess everyone in this thread who hasn't gotten their pair yet are holding out for a sale anyway.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,804 of 7,931

@Flcforrestwei a hint would be highly appreciated. Is it likely that there is going to be a Valentine's Day sale?

I guess everyone in this thread who hasn't gotten their pair yet are holding out for a sale anyway.

there is 10% discount for flc at canjam

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,806 of 7,931
  I

I read your post earlier but figured that I needed to attend canjam in order to get the discount.

wait for single day sale or black friday
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,810 of 7,931
Last year, the sale was towards the end of Chinese New Year. It ended on March 5, 2015. It was called the Chinese New Year Weekend Sale.

See here.

This year, Chinese New Year started earlier I believe, so the sale should start sooner. Maybe mid February?...

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,811 of 7,931
  I tried out your tuning recommendation.  It IS pretty good.  Overall bass quantity is higher.  However I found it to put more of an emphasis on mid-to upper bass, as the expense of ultimate low end extension.  I can see a lot of people preferring your tuning though.  The bass is definitely punchier and very enjoyable.  I found it to lose a little detail and texture though, and I THINK its a little less accurate.  I'll be sticking with the red-grey-gold tuning, but I could be happy using yours as well.  I never experienced the problem you described with the red ULF filter messing with the clarity of the mids, so I didn't see any improvement in this area.

Well, my friend, I got to listen to the red filters again after all this time with the clears. What I noticed a week ago or so was a cleaner and clearer sound at the higher frequencies, noticed especially on treble, not exactly the mids, at least that has called my attention. That extra airiness and transparency in the highs has made me find my dream combo. About the bass texture/detail, I have to try the grey filters once again too. Or maybe the black filters as I'm accostumed to all that quantity of bass of no LF filter and am enjoying it alot.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #1,812 of 7,931
Well, didn't need more than 1 min to conclude that the dream combo now is clear-grey-gold. Tighter, more detailed bass in fact.

It's these little [BIG] things that makes me want to order the silver cable now.

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #1,813 of 7,931
Well, didn't need more than 1 min to conclude that the dream combo now is clear-grey-gold. Tighter, more detailed bass in fact.

It's these little [BIG] things that makes me want to order the silver cable now.

I can imagine this would give very tight detailed and textured bass. I'm just not quite that purist. I like a little more sub bass than neutral,so I like the red, but I'll give your suggestion a try. I need to make sure I'm getting a complete tight seal before I decide on a final combo. I've got weird ears. Easy for me to get a perfect seal on my right ear, my left canal is smaller and doesn't always seal well. I appreciate your insights. I really like the original cable, I doubt I will swing for the silver cable, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back