FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #1,789 of 7,931
To my FLC brothers and sisters: I am in desperate need of your help. I was tip rolling and I somehow lost one of my small white stock tips. If anyone has a spare set of the small white stock tips I'll buy them or trade my medium or large stock white tips. Please PM me.

Thanks @crazy eddie for helping me out.  I looked high and low for that missing tip.  Gave up that tip rolling session and put everything into their storage containers.  During dinner I noticed a click/pop in my right ear as I was chewing my food.  What that tip was stuck in my ear canal
confused.gif
  First time that ever happened to me.

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #1,790 of 7,931
For those going CANJAM, Lend Me UR Ears - 10% off all DUNU, FLC Technology, and Vsonic products
beyersmile.png

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #1,791 of 7,931
any recommendation for amps for flc8s thinking of cayin c5

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,792 of 7,931
Anybody using the Crystal Tips that Lend Me Ur Ears sells?  Just got in a few pairs as well as spare filters,  I haven't experienced it yet, but I always am concerned with driver flex when using silicon tips with dynamic drivers / hybrids.  The Crystal tips are coated with a film that is supposed to dramatically improve their durability compared to Comply.  I know these were voiced using the included tips and they work pretty well, was just curious about the Crystals.   If they don't work well here, I've got a few other IEM's that I can try them with (if I ever use any other IEM's again).  The FLC8S just keeps getting better and better.  I was thinking about cable rolling, but I'm pretty happy with the OEM cable.  I thought the microphonics might be an issue, but they are pretty minimal as long as you cinch pretty high.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #1,793 of 7,931

I didn't experience that too, till I listen to the new combo.
regular_smile%20.gif
The IEM sounds cleaner and clearer. Concerning bass, no, there's still PLENTY of bass with the "none" config. No filter gives you as much bass quantity as black filter. Just keeps things cleaner, but what makes the huge difference is the elimination of the red filter. I'm still not sure if I'm using the clear ULF filter or the one next to it, because 1 pair is missing. They don't look exactly clear to me, but not sure.

I tried out your tuning recommendation.  It IS pretty good.  Overall bass quantity is higher.  However I found it to put more of an emphasis on mid-to upper bass, as the expense of ultimate low end extension.  I can see a lot of people preferring your tuning though.  The bass is definitely punchier and very enjoyable.  I found it to lose a little detail and texture though, and I THINK its a little less accurate.  I'll be sticking with the red-grey-gold tuning, but I could be happy using yours as well.  I never experienced the problem you described with the red ULF filter messing with the clarity of the mids, so I didn't see any improvement in this area.

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,794 of 7,931
  Anybody using the Crystal Tips that Lend Me Ur Ears sells?  Just got in a few pairs as well as spare filters,  I haven't experienced it yet, but I always am concerned with driver flex when using silicon tips with dynamic drivers / hybrids.  The Crystal tips are coated with a film that is supposed to dramatically improve their durability compared to Comply.  I know these were voiced using the included tips and they work pretty well, was just curious about the Crystals.   If they don't work well here, I've got a few other IEM's that I can try them with (if I ever use any other IEM's again).  The FLC8S just keeps getting better and better.  I was thinking about cable rolling, but I'm pretty happy with the OEM cable.  I thought the microphonics might be an issue, but they are pretty minimal as long as you cinch pretty high.

Yes I have the crystal tips but it makes the mids less rich 
frown.gif

the stock tips are officially the best after my tries at jvcspiraldot, spinfit, ortofon, comply, crystal tips, hybrid tips.
kudos to @Flcforrestwei for making such great tips hehe
beyersmile.png

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #1,795 of 7,931
  I tried out your tuning recommendation.  It IS pretty good.  Overall bass quantity is higher.  However I found it to put more of an emphasis on mid-to upper bass, as the expense of ultimate low end extension.  I can see a lot of people preferring your tuning though.  The bass is definitely punchier and very enjoyable.  I found it to lose a little detail and texture though, and I THINK its a little less accurate.  I'll be sticking with the red-grey-gold tuning, but I could be happy using yours as well.  I never experienced the problem you described with the red ULF filter messing with the clarity of the mids, so I didn't see any improvement in this area.

Red Grey Gold has the best mids and vocals IMO. Bass does not bleed into mids

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #1,796 of 7,931
Yes I have the crystal tips but it makes the mids less rich :frowning2:
the stock tips are officially the best after my tries at jvcspiraldot, spinfit, ortofon, comply, crystal tips, hybrid tips.
kudos to @Flcforrestwei
for making such great tips hehe :beyersmile:  

We
Yes I have the crystal tips but it makes the mids less rich :frowning2:
kudos to @Flcforrestwei
for making such great tips hehe :beyersmile:  

We did a lot of research on the eartip, and found that the current tips have the Best treble extention, so We used them.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #1,797 of 7,931
hi fraind'
i get the flc8s, and i dont konow why people say that ther is no alot bass, I think their bass heavy almost as Dunu dn 1000.

How do you recommend me configure this hearphone to get a good bass and good treble?

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #1,798 of 7,931
We
We did a lot of research on the eartip, and found that the current tips have the Best treble extention, so We used them.

Yes so guys save yourself the trouble of finding third party eartips(I have tried almost all available eartips already haha but stock tips r the best!!!)They are designed for flc8s

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,800 of 7,931
  hi fraind'
i get the flc8s, and i dont konow why people say that ther is no alot bass, I think their bass heavy almost as Dunu dn 1000.

How do you recommend me configure this hearphone to get a good bass and good treble?

Are you referring to bloated bass oo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back