FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #1,681 of 7,931

I'm hoping to try out the Questyle soon!

beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #1,682 of 7,931
hello all,
i'm just curious about this flc8s iem, especially for it's hybrid dual BA + DD also it's tuning ability,
how about comparing it with :
1. JH5 Pro
2. Yamaha EPH-100

i'm owning both of them, but usually use the eph-100 for daily activity (using ipod video 5th gen and ibasso DX90 as DAP), 
then now there's a desire to try a hybrid system iems..
Sorry if the comparing item is out of the league, just because i want to know what the difference between them all
(jh 5 pro, eph-100, flc 8s)

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #1,683 of 7,931
Hi, after having been a lurker for almost 2 years now, I finally managed to create a new account. (The captcha in the registering process caused me trouble several times for some reason.) But anyway, here I am. To give you a rough summary of how I came to this thread:

I've been using the XBA-H3 paired with a Sansa Clip+ for over a year now. Before that I had the Phonak PFE 121 and several sub-£100 IEMs. After having read most of this thread, the urge to order the FLC8s grows stronger and stronger.
Now I am looking for an IEM which is more covenient for my commutes. Not drawing attention to those odd-looking monitors growing around my ears would be a well appreciated. As will be not being forced to hearing a muffled version of "Mind the gap!" a million times a day.

While I fell in love with the overall hybrid sound signature of the H3, especially its soundstage and seperation, I feel that the vocals are lacking some depth and details. From what I've read the FLC8S would be a big upgrade in those areas and would bring me even greater pleasure in listening to my favourite genres Progessive Rock, Folk, Indie, Singer-Songwriter and basically anything acoustic.

The reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is that I've read that there was an offer comparable to the black friday sale underway. At the moment I cannot justify to my wallet paying the 350 dollars. Does anyone here know whether that sale is going to happen soon? Also: Having seen several posters mentioning the XBA-H3, I'd highly apreciate a little comparison between these two.

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,684 of 7,931
  hello all,
i'm just curious about this flc8s iem, especially for it's hybrid dual BA + DD also it's tuning ability,
1. JH5 Pro
2. Yamaha EPH-100

i'm owning both of them, but usually use the eph-100 for daily activity (using ipod video 5th gen and ibasso DX90 as DAP), 
Sorry if the comparing item is out of the league, just because i want to know what the difference between them all

FLC8S is an upgrade to both...

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #1,685 of 7,931
  Hi, after having been a lurker for almost 2 years now, I finally managed to create a new account. (The captcha in the registering process caused me trouble several times for some reason.) But anyway, here I am. To give you a rough summary of how I came to this thread:

I've been using the XBA-H3 paired with a Sansa Clip+ for over a year now. Before that I had the Phonak PFE 121 and several sub-£100 IEMs. After having read most of this thread, the urge to order the FLC8s grows stronger and stronger.
Now I am looking for an IEM which is more covenient for my commutes. Not drawing attention to those odd-looking monitors growing around my ears would be a well appreciated. As will be not being forced to hearing a muffled version of "Mind the gap!" a million times a day.

While I fell in love with the overall hybrid sound signature of the H3, especially its soundstage and seperation, I feel that the vocals are lacking some depth and details. From what I've read the FLC8S would be a big upgrade in those areas and would bring me even greater pleasure in listening to my favourite genres Progessive Rock, Folk, Indie, Singer-Songwriter and basically anything acoustic.

The reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is that I've read that there was an offer comparable to the black friday sale underway. At the moment I cannot justify to my wallet paying the 350 dollars. Does anyone here know whether that sale is going to happen soon? Also: Having seen several posters mentioning the XBA-H3, I'd highly apreciate a little comparison between these two.

I would say the h3 is more bright than flc8s. flc8s mids are liquid hehe

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #1,686 of 7,931
  hello all,
1. JH5 Pro
2. Yamaha EPH-100

I have not tried the JH5 Pro Before so i can't comment on it.

But I do own the Yamaha in the past. IIRC, the FLC is much superior than the Yamaha. I don't like the Mids of yamaha as it sound too laid back and the treble is pretty lacking.  Mids of FLC is more engaging, not too forward but there is sense of airiness. While the FLC do sparkle but don't sound sibilance at all. For me at least. =) It is certainly a upgrade of Yamaha though. 

One thing that the Yamaha is superior in is the Isolation. This sucker could isolate the train's engine sound, real well. 
biggrin.gif

If your budget allow, just jump on the FLC. As it is a steal for the SQ/price ratio. I'm not promoting for FLC, it is just my honest opinion :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #1,692 of 7,931
OMG!!!!! These things are AWESOME!!! As it's Friday night I've gone for the Red, Black, Gold combo listening to the new album by Eric Prydz and there's a party in my head and everyone is invited!  Before my JVC FX850's I had some Sony H3's and I don't know why I ever left hybrids in the first place!?  Really, really happy with my little purchase and big up to LMUE as they got them to me next day and I really wasn't expecting that!!

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #1,695 of 7,931
  OMG!!!!! These things are AWESOME!!! As it's Friday night I've gone for the Red, Black, Gold combo listening to the new album by Eric Prydz and there's a party in my head and everyone is invited!  Before my JVC FX850's I had some Sony H3's and I don't know why I ever left hybrids in the first place!?  Really, really happy with my little purchase and big up to LMUE as they got them to me next day and I really wasn't expecting that!!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back