FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #6,544 of 7,931
I bought flc8s and it03 from their store. Their communication is good. They also ship through fedex or dhl, if you purchase more than 200$ (I think).
I was thinking to buy it03, but now flc8s at this price, im a little confused, also considering to expand budget for oriolus forsteni. Any recomendations? I will upgrade from vsonic gr07 be.

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #6,546 of 7,931
at 280 the flc 8s are a must try. it you want to go cheap, lz a4 is also only very, very slightly worse than the flc 8s, being larger, heavier, and having a slightly less wide soundstage than the flc 8s.

the it03 are good iems too, bust most people say they're not as good as the flc 8s. no idea about the oriolus forsteni.

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #6,547 of 7,931
I was thinking to buy it03, but now flc8s at this price, im a little confused, also considering to expand budget for oriolus forsteni. Any recomendations? I will upgrade from vsonic gr07 be.

Haven't hear the others you mentioned, but I upgraded from the GR07 bass also. I think if you're a big fan of the VSONICs you'll love the FLC8S. At $280 I would be surprised if you regretted snagging them.

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #6,548 of 7,931
Haven't hear the others you mentioned, but I upgraded from the GR07 bass also. I think if you're a big fan of the VSONICs you'll love the FLC8S. At $280 I would be surprised if you regretted snagging them.

even if you buy another pair of more pricey iems they're still a good backup pair.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #6,549 of 7,931
at 280 the flc 8s are a must try. it you want to go cheap, lz a4 is also only very, very slightly worse than the flc 8s, being larger, heavier, and having a slightly less wide soundstage than the flc 8s.

I had a very different experience. In terms of ergonomics I'd agree the LZ A4 is maybe only slightly worse, but in terms of sound quality - in pretty much every measure - I found the FLC 8S to be miles ahead. (You also have far fewer tuning options with the LZ A4.) For $280, the FLC 8S must be the best bargain ever in the history of headphones. Go for it! :gs1000smile:

Aug 27, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #6,550 of 7,931
Hi guys,

Haven't posted on Head-Fi for a long time. My Gr07 mk II's got ran over and destroyed by a car a while back. Been using the Monster Miles Davis headphones for a while, but they just don't cut it. Especially after using the Gr07's for so long. Today I decided to take the plunge and ordered the FLC8S! Can't wait for them to arrive.

I really would like to have a mic on my headphone so I can use it for talking on the phone as well. And I was wondering if anyone knows of a good after market cable with microphone that fits the FLC8S connectors? The problem is not only are the connectors the 2 pin style, but they are also a bit smaller at 0.74 mm. Many cables out there I see are either 0.75 mm or 0.78. I would rather not have to stretch out the connector by jamming a 0.75 mm connector in it. Does anyone know of a well fitting 0.74 mm 2 pin cable with mic that would work?

On a side note, I recently listened to the Klipsch X20i IEM's and found they were quite good. Does anyone good experience listening to both the X20i and the FLC8S and can give me an idea of how they compare or which is better? And how about the Dunu DK-3001?

Also worried I'll eventually catch the bug again and look for some end game IEM after this like the upcoming FLC Celeste?

Can't wait to get the headphones! Thanks for the help!

Aug 27, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #6,551 of 7,931
Hi guys,

Haven't posted on Head-Fi for a long time. My Gr07 mk II's got ran over and destroyed by a car a while back. Been using the Monster Miles Davis headphones for a while, but they just don't cut it. Especially after using the Gr07's for so long. Today I decided to take the plunge and ordered the FLC8S! Can't wait for them to arrive.

I really would like to have a mic on my headphone so I can use it for talking on the phone as well. And I was wondering if anyone knows of a good after market cable with microphone that fits the FLC8S connectors? The problem is not only are the connectors the 2 pin style, but they are also a bit smaller at 0.74 mm. Many cables out there I see are either 0.75 mm or 0.78. I would rather not have to stretch out the connector by jamming a 0.75 mm connector in it. Does anyone know of a well fitting 0.74 mm 2 pin cable with mic that would work?

On a side note, I recently listened to the Klipsch X20i IEM's and found they were quite good. Does anyone good experience listening to both the X20i and the FLC8S and can give me an idea of how they compare or which is better? And how about the Dunu DK-3001?

Also worried I'll eventually catch the bug again and look for some end game IEM after this like the upcoming FLC Celeste?

Can't wait to get the headphones! Thanks for the help!

Some DUNU IEMs sound good (I liked the 2000), but the later models got a bit too bright, and they all have bad ergonomics. I used to own the X20i. These have much better ergonomics than any DUNU, but their sound quality is severely lacking. Check out my Amazon review on the X20i - they don't even sound as good as the cheaper X10i.

As for end-game IEMs, I suspect for the foreseeable future, the FLC 8S is going to be that end game IEM. The only IEM (at any price) I've heard which is definitely superior is the KSE1500. As for Celeste - who knows whats happening with that? Improved SQ from a newer model is no guarantee - as demonstrated by DUNU and Klipsch! Celeste is a really ambitious design goal and my hunch is that the long radio silence is an indication that they're having problems. I don't think it will be easy to beat the sound quality of a well-tuned FLC 8S. (BTW, you can get creative with the FLC - I made my own silver litz cable and modified the LF tuning plugs.)

The only real downside with the FLC 8S is the non-standard connectors. It's not going to be easy to find aftermarket cables that fit properly.

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #6,552 of 7,931
^ Have you heard the new DUNU DK-3001? They're not bright at all and have a slightly better sound than the FLC8S. Although they do have a weird design and offer a bad fit for most, so you were right about DUNU's being a let down in terms of ergonomics.

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #6,553 of 7,931
i am trying the AK T8ei mkii...wow...pretty clear puncy iems..more resolving than the FLC 8S..makes
sense too given they're nearly 1k....have sent in my iems to lendmeurears to have the gasket fixed
(wasn't secure, the filters would fall out and i'd lose them)...when i get them back al checked
out by forrestwei (with some new filters) i just might unload them.

Aug 28, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #6,554 of 7,931
^ Have you heard the new DUNU DK-3001? They're not bright at all and have a slightly better sound than the FLC8S. Although they do have a weird design and offer a bad fit for most, so you were right about DUNU's being a let down in terms of ergonomics.

How much better would you say the K3001 is compared to the FLC8S? I really liked the Dunu stuff I've listened to in the past. Nice details and clear, but I sometimes found the sound for the dn2000 a bit too thin or bright. It's good to hear the K3001 might be different. It was a full $200 US more than the FLC8S so not sure if the improvement is worth the 200.

Also curious about the Vsonic Gr09. Wonder how good those will be.

Csglinux, so I'm guessing you would say the FLC8S is noticeably better than the K20i? haha..

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #6,555 of 7,931
The DK-3001 departs a little bit from past DUNU tunings in the upper range (dropping significantly after the 9 kHz peak), but it also has some other fairly intense peaks at 2 and 5 kHz. Everybody has different preferences, so I guess some might like that sort of FR? It's not for me.

I've not heard the AK T8ei mkii, but I own it's successor, the Xelento (which is also three times the price of the FLC 8S). I love the Xelento - really comfortable, beautiful rich, exciting sound... However, I would respectfully disagree with anyone who says they're more resolving than the FLC 8S. If you think that, you haven't got the right cable on your FLC 8S and/or you haven't tuned it properly :wink: I really do like the Xelentos, and it's hard to put numbers on it - I would say it's 98% of the way towards being as resolving as the FLC 8S, and, of course, some might legitimately prefer its sound signature.

I'm afraid the Klipsch X20i doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the FLC 8S. Sorry Kipsch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back