FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #6,167 of 7,931
switched out from the m-l sized JVC spiral dots to the large Spinfits, just to try things out.
finding more balance and detail on the spinfits....YMMV of course, as all our ears are a bit differently shaped.

filters: all are gray

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #6,170 of 7,931
Has anyone send their flc 8s for warranty service? How is the flc 8s after warranty? I am experiencing some screeching on high volume for some songs. Initially thought it to be due to poor recording even though it is lossless. I tried today with dunu 2000 with the same songs and at high volume, there is no screeching at all. Is this a defect or is flc 8s like that? I am a noob so my description of the problem i faced may be wrong.
Thank you.

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #6,172 of 7,931
Cool, any chance someone could compare them to the hd 650s?

It is difficult to compare IEM's to full size cans, but I can say that the 8S is my favorite IEM and the HD600, similar to the 650, is my favorite full size, so that should indicate something. Natural and accurate tonality, especially in the mid range, is my most important sonic quality and I think both meet this standard.

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #6,173 of 7,931
This thread seems a bit quiet now but thought I'd chip in anyway.

Bought a used pair of these this week and they arrived yesterday. Currently using the combo of Red/gray/gold and really liking the airy open detailed sound that this combo produces, only tried 1 other breifly and was impressed with that as well, think it was the neutral setting by HiFiChris.

These so far after a few hours of use sound better than earphones that I've paid double or treble for. Really comfortable as well, nice light fit in the ear, cable not as bad as I thought it would be either.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #6,174 of 7,931

A surprise for Canjam! I certainly wasn't expecting this. I'll refrain from commenting on the sound until I've spent more time tomorrow listening to it. I'll just say that it retains a bit of the FLC8 sound, but it's tuned to be more netural and flat.

This shows the tuning options of the Celeste. I didn't test the gears on the faceplate but the switches at the Y connectors makes a DAY AND NIGHT difference. About 80-90% of the time, selecting "male vocal" or "female vocal" when either a male or female is singer respectively is singing, will makes the sound more enjoyable. Quite amazing to me. 

Will report back more tomorrow.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #6,175 of 7,931

A surprise for Canjam! I certainly wasn't expecting this. I'll refrain from commenting on the sound until I've spent more time tomorrow listening to it. I'll just say that it retains a bit of the FLC8 sound, but it's tuned to be more netural and flat.

This shows the tuning options of the Celeste. I didn't test the gears on the faceplate but the switches at the Y connectors makes a DAY AND NIGHT difference. About 80-90% of the time, selecting "male vocal" or "female vocal" when either a male or female is singer respectively is singing, will makes the sound more enjoyable. Quite amazing to me. 

Will report back more tomorrow.

Thanks for the update!

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #6,178 of 7,931
Just got these at canjam, and they sound amazing! already experimenting with the sound

Also tried the new celeste prototype, they said itl be available probably in 6 months. its got 108(!) sound signature combinations

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #6,180 of 7,931
  Just got these at canjam, and they sound amazing! already experimenting with the sound

Also tried the new celeste prototype, they said itl be available probably in 6 months. its got 108(!) sound signature combinations

thanks Crowley:
so let's play it safe and say a release date sometime between sept to dec, all things going well, despite some usual hiccups?
hopefully Forrestwei will weigh in later.

thanks Xuan87....looking forward to impressions and possible price points.
i don't want to go buy a campfire vegas if i don't have to
(going to listen to the vegas next wkend anyway, and take along my FLC 8S)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back